Pearce (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Sacked.not a great manager imo.

Bob Latchford

Does make you wonder what makes a manager... he was a great pro,leader yet, poor manager

Bob Latchford

Samo

Does make you wonder what makes a manager... he was a great pro,leader yet, poor manager

Yep, great pro, great leader, but not the sharpest tool in the box.

dancers lance

Being a great leader on the pitch and then turning that into being a great manager doesn't seem to work. On the pitch you can "tell it as it is"....shout, be aggressive, threaten other players, as an equal and they will respect you.

As soon as you take that style into management, the players go all stroppy, sulk and like magic, play like shit. Most of the best managers have been average players, not great leaders, but great psychologists with great back room staff.

bringbackrattles

He joins the list of good players over the years that have been a bit naff as a manager.Roy Keane,Peter Reid,Chris Coleman,Bryan Robson, and in the past Bobby Charlton,Nobby Stiles,and Geoff Hurst,had stints as a manager but didn't do much good.It shows you can be decent on the pitch,but you need different qualities off it.

Hobo

He joins the list of good players over the years that have been a bit naff as a manager.Roy Keane,Peter Reid,Chris Coleman,Bryan Robson, and in the past Bobby Charlton,Nobby Stiles,and Geoff Hurst,had stints as a manager but didn't do much good.It shows you can be decent on the pitch,but you need different qualities off it.

Plus Terry Butcher...
on the other hand John Sillett, Ron Atkinson (prior to being a spent force and joining Coventry), Alex Ferguson, and Bobby Robson might show a different path

Samo

What's keeping pressley in his job?

Fuck only knows, could someone more savy than myself compare his win percentage to every other league manager? I'd love to know where he is in that table?

Hobo

What's keeping pressley in his job?

People in charge of the club who are not interested in what is happening on the pitch or interested in the fanbase. I would suggest you are filed under a different agenda.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think Danny Mills hit the nail on the head in his views.

Goes somewhere, beings a good feeling, hype of a new manger, bit of a legend, starts with a few good results, but as the time goes on, it stalls and doesn't recover.

Same has happened when he took on Man city as caretaker then got the job FT.

Then England U21's

And now Forest.

letsallsingtogether

Well we could always have Lambert from the Vile he makes our frontline look prolific ...............................

But I hope they keep him........:)

Evo1883

I would love pressley to go there , only because i just want him to prove to people that even with money , he would be terrible

Users who are viewing this thread