Pearce bid for Wilson (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

3 million is a very decent amount for most normal clubs who might get some of that to reinvest.

italiahorse

He will be a bit coy about platt as that goes against his little theory that players will always prefer the Ricoh to a cabbage patch shit heap.

............ and you don't think they do ? Even SP says it's a problem.
I'm afraid you generalise on little snippets of information and make it out as if it's mainstream information.

sky blue john

Loyalty runs a bit deeper than that mate. We would be selling Wilson if we were at the Ricoh so nothing to do with Sixfields - except giving the likes of you a handy excuse for not supporting the team.

I fully understand that being at sixfields they have no choice but to sell, because of the reduced revenue.
What bugs me is that with 10,000 home fans at the Ricoh we would be able to afford to keep our best players for longer.
Keeping our best players longer gives us an opportunity at achieving promotion.
Promotion whilst at sixfields is impossible !!
Who again moved us to sixfields ?

savosdad

Banned
Let him go he's no championship league player like the other tosser clarke not really a 1st div player pearce couldnt spot talent and fisher is a lying prick both apair of cunts

Would love Pressley to be able to convince Wilson that it is in his own interest in terms of development into a top striker that another season playing competitivley and hopefully scoring a rake of goals in League 1 will do him the world of good and make him even more ready to make the progrssion into the championship. Unfortunately, money talks these days and if it is 2-3mill think it'd be snapped up by our owners no matter what Dim Tim has said.

1966skyblue

We might as well sell him. After all, he won't be effective without a decent strike partner to take some of the load off, and the current regime aren't going to provide us with anybody like that.

He scored 7 in 8 without clarke when he first came back from injury.

lordsummerisle

A couple of weeks ago it was a done deal that Wilson would go to Wolves.

The last season would of course have gone a lot better if before the end of the August transfer window we hadn't sold Baker, Moussa, Clarke,Wilson, Marshall, Fleck, Thomas and Christie.

duffer

In fairness to our current owners, we've always sold our best players to 'bigger' clubs. Of course, now that we're at the level we're at it's hard to accept that clubs like Huddersfield are bigger than us, but in terms of league position and available funds I'm afraid I think they are.

More than anything else, the thing that got us into our troubles was spending big money on players, and even worse, spending too much on wages (compared to this the rent's a bit of a sideshow, imho). I don't want us to get into that pain again, regardless of who's in charge.

I suppose the thing that makes the Wilson sale hurt is that it's likely that more of the money will go into supporting operating costs than it will for replacements, because of where we are. But regardless of that and SISU or not, I think if a 'bigger' team comes in for Wilson with something over £1m, he goes (imho).

ajsccfc

Let him go he's no championship league player like the other tosser clarke not really a 1st div player pearce couldnt spot talent and fisher is a lying prick both apair of cunts

all work and no play makes savosdad something something
all work and noplay makes savosdad something something
all work and no play makes savodsad something something

kmj5000

He has to be sold! How else are we going to reach a workable FFP payroll limit under FFP next season following the Sixfields madness?

torchomatic

That's a total fallacy, John. We still sold our best players when we were at the Ricoh with relatively healthy crowds.

I fully understand that being at sixfields they have no choice but to sell, because of the reduced revenue.
What bugs me is that with 10,000 home fans at the Ricoh we would be able to afford to keep our best players for longer.
Keeping our best players longer gives us an opportunity at achieving promotion.
Promotion whilst at sixfields is impossible !!
Who again moved us to sixfields ?

Chipfat

If it's 3 mill it will be that based on apps, promotion and other built in incentives, the deal will be nearer 1 mill i would assume. Wilson deserves a crack at a higher level and if the club have any sense will get a first refusal option if he is loaned out....If he goes good luck to him, hope he goes on and plays at top level, we need more young english players breaking it a better levels.

wingy

That's a total fallacy, John. We still sold our best players when we were at the Ricoh with relatively healthy crowds.

Yeah but that was In the days when we paid Transfer fees and had a wage bill of £8-£10M. Torch.

£2M. is significantly within the realms of our last turnover figure ,at least then we'd know If he went it would be cos he wants to, not necessarily cos he has to.

Ian1779

Again.... our playing budget can be set at the level the owners wish it to be. They will have to supplement it with donations that will not be able to added as debt.

See below:

- SCMP in its most basic definition for League 1 for this season limits player wages to 60% of your forecast turnover (last season it was 65%)
- This income will include things like ticket sales, catering sales, car park sales, shop sales, sponsorship, central payments from FL, all commercial sales, TV/radio money, any net transfer income and follow on fees etc. etc.
- Also include-able are donations, be it from sponsors, fans, businesses AND including any equity cash injections from the owners, as long as none of these donations come with any conditions for pay back, i.e. it's not a loan, it's a charitable donation you don't want back

bigfatronssba

Again.... our playing budget can be set at the level the owners wish it to be. They will have to supplement it with donations that will not be able to added as debt.

See below:

- SCMP in its most basic definition for League 1 for this season limits player wages to 60% of your forecast turnover (last season it was 65%)
- This income will include things like ticket sales, catering sales, car park sales, shop sales, sponsorship, central payments from FL, all commercial sales, TV/radio money, any net transfer income and follow on fees etc. etc.
- Also include-able are donations, be it from sponsors, fans, businesses AND including any equity cash injections from the owners, as long as none of these donations come with any conditions for pay back, i.e. it's not a loan, it's a charitable donation you don't want back

So basically your saying next year's piss poor budget is down to sisu being stingy rather than pressure from the fans?

Least no one can accuse us boycottors of damaging the team now.

J

Jack Griffin

Yeah right, do you really think Joy's investors think like that, do they bollocks, what they'll be saying is "when is this investment going to stop losing money and make my return!"

SkyBlueScottie

If that's Sisu going about it the right way then why not get Christie, Moussa and Murphy signed so we can make a few quid on them too?
How can you force a player to sign a contract? Especially when it would impact on their earnings. Also in response to your later post. Murphys record in the Championship is not great. Moussa has been around that level and ultimately dropped here. Christie would be ok but would have to work on his defensive qualities.

Ian1779

So basically your saying next year's piss poor budget is down to sisu being stingy rather than pressure from the fans?

Yes if it is piss poor then you are right.

There are also conditions that effect what is classed as your 'wage bill'. For example home-grown players (English/British) that were registered for 3 years before their 21st birthday, (which would then imply all home grown players under 21.. of which we have plenty.)

So taking that into account - we would have probably included Murphy, Webster, Moussa, Clarke, Baker and 1 or 2 others in initial wage budget calculations. The rest would have been ignored.

Spionkop

Ian, why do you persist in defending this awful Sisu/Northampton situation? It's madness.
Until they return to Coventry it will never improve.
If we stay there next season the Sixfields diehards will get a shock at the team due to FFP.

japandy

Heard, from a very reliable source, that Villa are lining up a bid for him. They see him as an ideal partner for Benteke.

Ian1779

Ian, why do you persist in defending this awful Sisu/Northampton situation? It's madness.
Until they return to Coventry it will never improve.
If we stay there next season the Sixfields diehards will get a shock at the team due to FFP.

I'm not defending it all. But it does illustrate the importance of revenue access.

And your final sentence about FFP is inaccurate. You seem to think that because attendances are shit that means we will be FORCED to have no playing budget. I'm afraid that is simply not true.

torchomatic

"Us boycotters". Ffs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm not defending it all. But it does illustrate the importance of revenue access.

And your final sentence about FFP is inaccurate. You seem to think that because attendances are shit that means we will be FORCED to have no playing budget. I'm afraid that is simply not true.
SISU have no money, how are they going to pay the wages?

Ian1779

SISU have no money, how are they going to pay the wages?

CCFC have made a loss every year they've been here. So one would assume in a similar way as before. Except now any money they inject into the club is as a donation, so can't end up as debt.

Mr T - Sukka!

There is no way he will go for £3M.

Nakhi Wells went from Bradford to Huddersfield for £1.2/£1.3M.

Simular player simular age. Simular goal record until he went to the championship.

skybluetony176

i was talking to my Wolves mate today and he recons that if Rotherham don't go up Wolves will be switching their attentions to Kieran Agard

lordsummerisle

i was talking to my Wolves mate today and he recons that if Rotherham don't go up Wolves will be switching their attentions to Kieran Agard

I read that as Asgard initially.

My girlfriend said she wanted to go there on holiday, I had to point out it wasn't a real place, but the home of the Norse Gods, she meant Svalbard it turns out, but no armoured Polar bears there either.

Users who are viewing this thread