Peak Insanity Level Reached? (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

First of all I am a scientist.

Semenya has faulty androgen receptors, which means she cannot naturally regulate her testosterone levels and is likely not getting any additional advantage from the elevated levels. What puzzles me is you are so focussed on one type of genetic abnormality but disregard the others that make elite athletes what they are. I've never argued that men don't have a physical advantage, nor have I argued for the scrapping of gender segregation in physical sports. My point is simply that if we start discriminating against people with highly favourable genetics we are doing all a disservice.

Do you support sex segregation in sport? Or is being Male just more “favourable genetics “ ?

more to the point. What have DSDs got to do with trans people?

We can go all around the houses here, but you know as well as I do simply saying “I’m a woman” doesn’t literally make you one.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Do you support sex segregation in sport? Or is being Male just more “favourable genetics “ ?

more to the point. What have DSDs got to do with trans people?

We can go all around the houses here, but you know as well as I do simply saying “I’m a woman” doesn’t literally make you one.
Maybe when Brighton said "nor have i argued for the scrapping of gender segregation in physical sports" he (i assume it is a he, but might not be) meant sex segregation.
What's a DSD? Not aware of that acronym. Thanks

shmmeee

Maybe when Brighton said "nor have i argued for the scrapping of gender segregation in physical sports" he (i assume it is a he, but might not be) meant sex segregation.
What's a DSD? Not aware of that acronym. Thanks

Disorders/Differences of Sexual Development I think. Intersex conditions.

Yeah reading back I missed that bit. I can’t see how you can support sex segregation of sports but not if someone says they don’t feel like a man/woman.

It’s the usual “I can’t win this argument so I’ll pivot to another using people with complex medical conditions as my crutch”. Not a great look. Intersex/DSD is complex and nothing to do with biological males competing against women.

shmmeee

My bad. This is the lecturers not the students!

And apparently you can self ID as disabled as well!

Cant wait for my PIP payments to start. I wonder if they’ll let you identify as retired and claim your pension as well.

ccfc92

My bad. This is the lecturers not the students!

And apparently you can self ID as disabled as well!

Cant wait for my PIP payments to start. I wonder if they’ll let you identify as retired and claim your pension as well.

To be fair, I question myself sometimes with the decisions I make... :rolleyes:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Should people be able to identify as WHITE no matter what their skin colour??
Should people be able to identify as any other colour other than that which they actually are ? Maybe, but what on earth is the point ? Attention seeking probably.
I'm not really white. I'm a bottle nose dolphin, so I'm largely black.....or am I ?

Sbarcher

Should people be able to identify as any other colour other than that which they actually are ? Maybe, but what on earth is the point ? Attention seeking probably.
I'm not really white. I'm a bottle nose dolphin, so I'm largely black.....or am I ?
I'm a spotted dolphin. I'm sick and tired of you bottle nosed attention seeking species siding up to humans for a "stroke" and seeing how far out of the water you can jump. Why can't you just be a normal dolphin like the rest of us? We don't care about your colour dolly, we are all one tribe.

NorthernWisdom

He may not identify as a kid!
I'm struggling to understand it all to be honest. I'm a pretty PC, live and let live fella but all this transgender, non binary carry on has got me baffled.
Join the club!

I probably shouldn't snigger as well, but the quote that "we just wanted to have a normal experience" got me. It's a bloke with a beard giving birth, it's not everyday life, else you wouldn't be in the paper in the first place!

(And yes, trying to understand, and catch up with 2020 when it comes!)

Users who are viewing this thread