Paypal Scams (2 Viewers)

After recently being diddled on ebay by people pretending not to receive their items, I looked on google for ebay/paypal scams for ideas how to protect yourself and came across this.

http://paypalblows.org/how-to-scam-paypal-users-on-ebay-and-make-money.html

It's unbelievable that people would actually do this and get away with it.

Has anyone else been diddled by the crappy paypal system?

Nick

Administrator
If I sell stuff on eBay I only offer recorded delivery, too many people will say they haven't got it.

Coventry La La La

Just charge extra postage to have the "signed for" service, they you know if they have recieved it or not, I've ordered 100s of items of ebay and sometimes they do get lost in the post, should I be scared to ask for a refund/replacement just because the seller might think I'm a scammer? :thinking about:

cstring82

Rich, like others have said sent it recorded, not worth the hassle, I got done selling a tomtom satnav, the bloke text me to say he'd got it working, waited to the end of the 60 days period to put a claim in, paypal refunded him as he said it was damaged.

Gumtree might be the way forward for selling things!

Marty

Never had a problem using ebay, you can tell potential scammers from a mile away. Low feedback score or a feedback score of 50+ but all items were brought over a period of a day or two. Just go for the recorded mail option, it may cost extra but gives you piece of mind and remember most people out there are just trying to get rid of there stuff/make a bit of extra money, so don't let one person ruin it for you.

Otis

Used Ebay and Paypal loads of times and never had any problem at all. Don't understand that scam, cos who in their right mind would give feedback before they receive the goods? :facepalm:

Marty

Used Ebay and Paypal loads of times and never had any problem at all. Don't understand that scam, cos who in their right mind would give feedback before they receive the goods? :facepalm:

People have left it for me before they even pay, naive users just think it maybe the norm.

Otis

I always wait til I've got the goods and they are what they say they are and work properly! Common sense.

Marty

I always wait til I've got the goods and they are what they say they are and work properly! Common sense.

For the majority yes, but a lot of people don't have 'common sense'.

Marty

For most (myself included), it wasn't an option.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've used ebay hundreds of times - in fact I've gone on holiday with what I've made in the past - but I ALWAYS put disclaimers in my description, along the lines of, "feedback will only be left after I receive feedback from you" and "refunds will be given only upon return of goods so that I can check any fault" and finally (but not the last in my descriptions), "if you don't take out postal insurance, then I can do nothing to help once the item has been posted. All I can offer you is a copy of my 'proof of posting' slip". In seven years of successful ebaying, I've only had one dickhead who tried it on. I just told him to return the item for a full refund. He didn't bother, AND he left positive feedback!
If anyone wants the full description, I can post it here.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Full description of the dickhead? :thinking about:

No probs Otis!.............

richardkeys.jpg
:D

Users who are viewing this thread