Paycuts (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

I have been told that the staff at Ryton have all taken a 30% pay reduction. Also they have called in all the players asking them to take a pay cut as well. The one example i know of is that McSheffrey is on 8k a week, and has been asked to drop to 1.5k

Sub

should tell the wankers that own us to take a paycut seen as they have done such a poor job of running the club !!! but will that happen ?? yeah right!!!!:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

ashbyjan

Dear Joy(less) and Tim
After careful and considered examination and contemplation of your offer, consultation with my family and financial advisors the answers to your interesting request is FECK OFF and if this is a way of forcing me out of the door I will be consulting the PFA
Regards
G McSheffrey

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf 8k for Macca is excessive, 4k would be fair. As has been said before surely there is some clause for a wage cut upon relegation?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sheffers doesnt have to accept it ........... he has a contract that sets his pay. Only remedy CCFC has is to try and sell him.... even then he can say he doesnt want to go. Dropping from £8k to £1.5k to help SISU out to the detriment of my family is not something I would do

He is in his last 12 mths isnt he ?

gouldberg

Wouldn't it be in contracts for a pay cut if they were relegated?

It would if the people offering out the contracts knew what they doing. In this case, I doubt it quite highly.

Grendel

Sheffers doesnt have to accept it ........... he has a contract that sets his pay. Only remedy CCFC has is to try and sell him.... even then he can say he doesnt want to go. Dropping from £8k to £1.5k to help SISU out to the detriment of my family is not something I would do

He is in his last 12 mths isnt he ?

Yes and if this is true no-one surely would expect him to say yes. It is an invite for him to actively search for another club and I guess if someone offers him £6k on a 2 year deal it gives him something to think about. It is though this glaring management incompetence that annoys me the most about SISU. Why would anyone offer McPake, Bell, Baker and McSheffrey longer and extended contracts when they had no money and the players in question are at best average?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It is though this glaring management incompetence that annoys me the most about SISU. Why would anyone offer McPake, Bell, Baker and McSheffrey longer and extended contracts when they had no money and the players in question are at best average?

got to agree ..... surely they knew the figures as to how the club was doing even if we didnt

wingy

Yes and if this is true no-one surely would expect him to say yes. It is an invite for him to actively search for another club and I guess if someone offers him £6k on a 2 year deal it gives him something to think about. It is though this glaring management incompetence that annoys me the most about SISU. Why would anyone offer McPake, Bell, Baker and McSheffrey longer and extended contracts when they had no money and the players in question are at best average?
For the balance sheet ,was'nt it??

cheever

AT welcomed the contract extensions at the time...surely he would have advised SISU that they should tie down these 'senior pros'....hence the contracts being handed out like confetti to these 'senior pros', who, in my opinion have got off very lightly with their role in our relegation.

skyblueman

Any relegation clauses in contracts to drop wages would have been aggressively actioned and news to no-one- this is something else I think... smacks of desperation to me

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thats how it was put wingy yes ....... but i never bought into that. It locked in liabilities just as much. Given they knew the figures it makes even less sense now

Brighton Sky Blue

So that they have a technical argument for saying they've increased the value of the squad, which looks better in the accounts.

Otis

Dear Joy(less) and Tim
After careful and considered examination and contemplation of your offer, consultation with my family and financial advisors the answers to your interesting request is FECK OFF and if this is a way of forcing me out of the door I will be consulting the PFA
Regards
G McSheffrey

Dear Joy,

Accepting this offer will result in my no longer be able to sit in the Premier seats at the Odeon cinema and my having to think twice about 'going large' at McDonald's and Burger King.

I will have to buy silver slippers rather than gold plated ones and may have to choose belly pork rather than loin. I will also only be able to buy 4 42" Plasma televisions this year rather than the usual 6 and probably won't be able to afford to insure all 4 of my cars at Fully Comp level.

Regards

A Thompson (PA to Mr. G McSheffrey)

wingy

Most likely this is where the rumours of Sheff to shef utd sprang up from last week.

The Reverend Skyblue

Wouldn't it be in contracts for a pay cut if they were relegated?

good question Nick and I would think right in every case regarding relegated clubs. Common sense and good business acumen to put that clause in, so the answers No, its not in there contracts.

The Rev

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have to remember Duleiu was chairman and head of football operations when all these contracts were offered out. He probably would have though it was a great joke to offer players excessive contracts and then resign afterwards, probably having a good chuckle about it as we speak.

wingy

Have to remember Duleiu was chairman and head of football operations when all these contracts were offered out. He probably would have though it was a great joke to offer players excessive contracts and then resign afterwards, probably having a good chuckle about it as we speak.

Also a usefull deterent in blocking hostile takeovers.

LastGarrison

Dear Joy,

Accepting this offer will result in my no longer be able to sit in the Premier seats at the Odeon cinema and my having to think twice about 'going large' at McDonald's and Burger King.

I will have to buy silver slippers rather than gold plated ones and may have to choose belly pork rather than loin. I will also only be able to buy 4 42" Plasma televisions this year rather than the usual 6 and probably won't be able to afford to insure all 4 of my cars at Fully Comp level.

Regards

A Thompson (PA to Mr. G McSheffrey)

Well if he packed in the fags that would save him a fair few quid. :whistle:

diggerdaley

How can anybody on here possibly know how much a certain player is on ? When Eastwood was done for "fly tipping" it was stated in the media he was on £1000 a week :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

I have been told that the staff at Ryton have all taken a 30% pay reduction. Also they have called in all the players asking them to take a pay cut as well. The one example i know of is that McSheffrey is on 8k a week, and has been asked to drop to 1.5k

This whifs more than a bit. I find it incredibly unlikley that he is on that much, but more to the point: if they were going to ask him to take a pay cut to 1.5k p/w, why on earth did they extend his supposed 8k p/w deal only a few months ago? Surely they'd have rather just released him?

WillieStanley

McSheffrey's extention was a clause in his contract that was triggered after a certain number of starts. It wasn't a renegotioation so he would be on the same amount as when he intitially came back. In the same season it took the board and SISU 6 months to work out whether we could pay Marlon King £10k a week. Given that fact, I find it hard to believe he is any where near close to being of £8K a week.

skyblueman

All smoke and mirrors these extended contracts propping up the balance sheet ... the ongoing wages liability however is a BIG downside of this suicidal financial management - no way they are going to take a pay cut of that magnitude... best we can hope for is a quick sale

wingy

All smoke and mirrors these extended contracts propping up the balance sheet ... the ongoing wages liability however is a BIG downside of this suicidal financial management - no way they are going to take a pay cut of that magnitude... best we can hope for is a quick sale

Not really any value there is there SBM,Probs have to give away like mcpake ,Any others etc ,all takers know our situation .

Diehard Si

Just when we seemed to be having a day of transfer rumours and potential good news.

Will treat as all other rumours tho... Assume bollocks until proven otherwise.

Moff

not wanting to pour scorn on the rumour of pay cuts, which could be true, but the rumour of MCSheffrey being on 8k per week, is about as likely as the lads putting in 210% (wtf) next season as Thorn suggested :pointlaugh:

Disorganised1

Apparently, in an effort to assist the club during this desperate period, several of the players have agreed to work on Saturdays, without any pay increase.

skyblue025

It was stated before that those who signed extended contracts last season - Baker, Bell and McSheffrey - were paid £8k a week.

So, perhaps this is true...and provides ANOTHER reason why we are financially up shit creek.

Where did it state that?

I find it unbelievable that 2 out of 3 of them are on that. Sheff possibly if you add appearance fee, win bonus, goal bonus, if we won and Sheff got a hat trick.

grego_gee

Why would you expect them to take a pay cut with relegation?
they wouldn't expect a rise with promotion would they?....

:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread