Paul Robinson (1 Viewer)

spider_ricoh

Makes you wonder why the CT run this article with such a "hit the buffers" clause included that will make it more or less worthless. Filling up column inches?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/reports-link-coventry-city-swoop-7389463

Reports in South London have linked Millwall skipper Paul Robinson with interest from Coventry City.
Lions’ boss Ian Holloway will not stand in the 32-year-old centre-back’s way if he can secure a contract with another club.
But any possible move to join the Sky Blues appears to have hit the buffers after Steven Pressley signed Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson at the weekend.
The City manager is also looking for a left-back, a position that Johnson can play, which could leave the door open for Robinson although it’s unlikely given that the Millwall player is predominantly a right-sided centre-half and it appears that Pressley has been looking for a left-footed centre-back to partner Andy Webster.
Robinson did not travel with Millwall to Portugal for their training camp in the Algarve last week, with Holloway promising to give youth a chance this season.
The no-nonsense defender said: “Maybe I’m not in Millwall’s long-term plans so if someone else is interested, that might be an option.
“Ultimately my main focus is to be in the best possible shape for the start of the season and what happens in the meantime happens.”

Kingokings204

Yes does seen pointless. Agreed.

We need strikers anyway. Isn't one at the club as it stands

ccfc_Tom

Hope we do sign another centre back, from what shef wed fans have said johnson is much better at left back than centre back.

spider_ricoh

At least Waggott soudned like he know what he was talking about when telling the CT we need 5 more players, icnluding a full back, a centre mid and 3 strikers. On the basis of the above comment, let's hoe we sign a full back who can also play CB and who can interchange with Johnson.

Also let's hope the three strikers aren't a repeat of Platt, o'Donovan and Philiskirk !! That was a strike force to behold ... not

Hobo

At 32 too old for my liking anyway.

Kingokings204

At least Waggott soudned like he know what he was talking about when telling the CT we need 5 more players, icnluding a full back, a centre mid and 3 strikers. On the basis of the above comment, let's hoe we sign a full back who can also play CB and who can interchange with Johnson.

Also let's hope the three strikers aren't a repeat of Platt, o'Donovan and Philiskirk !! That was a strike force to behold ... not

Or eccleston, slager and Donnelly?

We are so blessed really

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Makes you wonder why the CT run this article with such a "hit the buffers" clause included that will make it more or less worthless. Filling up column inches?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/reports-link-coventry-city-swoop-7389463

Reports in South London have linked Millwall skipper Paul Robinson with interest from Coventry City.
Lions’ boss Ian Holloway will not stand in the 32-year-old centre-back’s way if he can secure a contract with another club.
But any possible move to join the Sky Blues appears to have hit the buffers after Steven Pressley signed Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson at the weekend.
The City manager is also looking for a left-back, a position that Johnson can play, which could leave the door open for Robinson although it’s unlikely given that the Millwall player is predominantly a right-sided centre-half and it appears that Pressley has been looking for a left-footed centre-back to partner Andy Webster.
Robinson did not travel with Millwall to Portugal for their training camp in the Algarve last week, with Holloway promising to give youth a chance this season.
The no-nonsense defender said: “Maybe I’m not in Millwall’s long-term plans so if someone else is interested, that might be an option.
“Ultimately my main focus is to be in the best possible shape for the start of the season and what happens in the meantime happens.”

Do you reckon Seaborne has fallen out of favour? He said he was looking for a centre back before Blair Adams left and we've signed Johnson, so means we're on the lookout for either a left back or centre back depending on where he views Johnson playing this season.

Gint11

Is it time for Willis to step up at centre half? Phillips at right back?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Is it time for Willis to step up at centre half? Phillips at right back?

Would say so, yeah. Imagine Jordan Clarke will be first choice RB this season with Phillips as his understudy. Really want Willis to kick on this year, hasn't impressed me all that much yet. Though he has been chucked in at the deep end as part of a young back 4 at times

shmmeee

Yes does seen pointless. Agreed.

We need strikers anyway. Isn't one at the club as it stands

More important we get the right players in than move quickly IMO. If Pressley knows the type of front two he's after, he can start working on tactics. Strikers can probably gel quicker than any other position. On the other side, they'll be by far our biggest acquisitions this summer so all the more important we bring the right ones in.

Far better a David McGoldrick as the seasons getting going than a Manset in for pre-season.

ccfc_Tom

Would say so, yeah. Imagine Jordan Clarke will be first choice RB this season with Phillips as his understudy. Really want Willis to kick on this year, hasn't impressed me all that much yet. Though he has been chucked in at the deep end as part of a young back 4 at times
I hope not, i rate phillips much more than clarke.

sky blue john

32 is nothing in terms of age for a centre half. It all depends on this years tactics though. If we continue to play a high pressing line, then we need to make sure we have enough covering pace.

SlowerThanPlatt

From a Milwall forum:

Can't say I'm surprised either. Robbo has been a loyal servant to the club and been part of some of our great moments, but being left out of the Portugal trip was clearly another nail in the coffin. Clearly not part of Holloway's long term vision.

Must be pretty high up our all time appearance list and would have had a lot more if not for some serious injuries.

Think he'll do a good job for someone if he drops a division.

Always gave his all for this club so will never be knocked by me. He will still cut it in League 1

Gave his all to club and by his own admission not the greatest player in the world. A credit to his profession when the likes of Suarez and others bring disgrace to this great game.

skybluepm2

Exciting times, season tickets arrived last week. PUSB

Can imagine how excited you've been, sounds orgasmic!! What's it been like in the RFC household since then? Macarena on loop? Multiple wanks over the only pic of Tim Fisher the Telegraph seem to possess?

You are Scott Landyard off the Telegraph forum, surely the only person in the world to be 'excited' about the coming season when we don't have a striker on the books?

wingy

Can imagine how excited you've been, sounds orgasmic!! What's it been like in the RFC household since then? Macarena on loop? Multiple wanks over the only pic of Tim Fisher the Telegraph seem to possess?

You are Scott Landyard off the Telegraph forum, surely the only person in the world to be 'excited' about the coming season when we don't have a striker on the books?
Mobile like :)

Nick

Administrator

Has the season started now and we don't have a striker signed? I think that is the time to worry!

6 Generations

You've just made me spit out half a pint of Becks Vier. 'Macarena on loop' is the funniest genious line ever.Whereas, £3.35 for a pint of Becks Vier half spat out has absolutely zero comic value.

skybluepm2

Has the season started now and we don't have a striker signed? I think that is the time to worry!

I'm not for one second suggesting that we won't have at least 2 strikers in by the start of the season but should a professional club have NO senior strikers on their books at any time? In my opinion no. I look forward to who we bring in with interest but to use the term 'excited' is the biggest pile of shit since Arjen De Zeeuw

skybluepm2

You've just made me spit out half a pint of Becks Vier. 'Macarena on loop' is the funniest genious line ever.Whereas, £3.35 for a pint of Becks Vier half spat out has absolutely zero comic value.

Apologies for the lost beer 6 :( pm me your bank details and I will happily transfer the £1.68 to enable you to top up your pint ;)

6 Generations

Ok thanks,

My bank details will follow once you respond to the following;

Please forward your full bank details

Mr Olewede Mbeneke
Po Box 2457
Lagos
Nigeria

I very much look forward to hearing from you especially regarding my exiled Great uncle and his monetary dilmnas.

Humble regards

Olly

Hobo

Ok thanks,

Mr Olewede Mbeneke
Po Box 2457
Lagos
Nigeria

I very much look forward to hearing from you especially regarding my exiled Great uncle and his monetary dilmnas.

Humble regards

Olly

Ah the source a certain Hedge Fund's funds?

skybluepm2

Ok thanks,

Mr Olewede Mbeneke
Po Box 2457
Lagos
Nigeria

Humble regards

Olly

I thought Onye was from Sweden? I'm afraid I can't wire you the monies after what you said about Sky Blue Sam..he's fine just the way he is!

skybluegod

Willis was very solid this year IMO, I don't know if you went to many matches? But he was much better than Christie, and I wouldn't mind him at CB or RB as I believe he has massive potential and is probably better than Webster IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread