Paul on cwr (1 Viewer)

rob9872

We were only close because of Pompey's deduction and are actually completely buried by 6 or 7 points plus a potentially wider gap after tomorrow, thta's not falling just short.

Thorn has failed miserably, but then so have the rest of his backroom team, the players, the board and the owners. Everyone connected with the club has collectively under-achieved, but without the tools to do the job we never really had a chance. Thorn shouldn't escape blame he made some glaring errors, particularly early on in the season, but then had he been backed and had thequality available he would probably have got through those mistakes without being highlighted quite so much. That said, I wouldn't change him. He is now more experienced, makes less mistakes and has a more experienced squad in terms of the promoted teenagers now playing at a lower level.

I think if he is given a fair chance (and by that I mean a competing budget) then he deserves to be given a chance to succeed. It will offer the young players who do seem to respect him, some stability and lets face it, without real investment who are we going likely to attract to the job? Some journeyman on too much money that we can't afford, someone who will want more budget than he will be allowed or more raw inexperience. Stick with him until Christmas and then see where we are.

city old boy

Good on yer Paul
Iv'e got fed up of listening to the same bullshit week in week out from Thorn.
SISU's fault = No investment
THORN's fault = shit tactics , shit subs, shit away record, shit fitness levels, shit commitment, and lets not foget his shit mate Harrison

Skybluefaz

So what is the answer? Sack him and get a manager with experience and a track record of promotion in (Reid, Adams, Boothroyd, Dowie) the list goes on.

Too many people out there are deluded, yes he made wrong calls, but games where we lost leads late on were as much to do with having 4 or 5 18 year old kids in the team who do not posess the experience of how to close out a match.

That is SISU's fault, and at the minute there is not much point in worrying about who the manager is when we might not even have a fucking club next season.

Testing times
PUSB

theprince

Tell me the 4 or 5 18 year olds in th team ? generally our team featured, especially towards the last couple of months Murphy, Keogh, Cranie, Baker, Platt, McSheffrey, Bell, Clingan, Hussey, McDonald, Deegan, Norwood, Nimely, although youngsters were chosen by Thorn. Then there's Jordan Clarke how old is he ? Cameron now injured but was good enough for Boothroyd. The only "kids" to feature regularly but rarely together were Christie, Bigi and Thomas and he hasn't played for ages. So this team full of kids is a bit of a myth.

Astute

Tell me the 4 or 5 18 year olds in th team ? generally our team featured, especially towards the last couple of months Murphy, Keogh, Cranie, Baker, Platt, McSheffrey, Bell, Clingan, Hussey, McDonald, Deegan, Norwood, Nimely, although youngsters were chosen by Thorn. Then there's Jordan Clarke how old is he ? Cameron now injured but was good enough for Boothroyd. The only "kids" to feature regularly but rarely together were Christie, Bigi and Thomas and he hasn't played for ages. So this team full of kids is a bit of a myth.

Morning WUM

Grendel

Morning WUM

I believe the guy who says we regularly play 5 18 year old kids is the WUM. Unless he is counting young Clive platt twice.

Users who are viewing this thread