Paul on cwr (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

Please dont call in again. Utter tripe spoken and a 5 year would of constructed a better argument.

CovFan

Was he the one who thought that Andy Thorn was the worst manager ever and he hasn't had any mitigating circumstances at all?

Nonleagueherewecome

Was he the one who thought that Andy Thorn was the worst manager ever and he hasn't had any mitigating circumstances at all?

That's the one. He's worse than Iain in the "stuck record" stakes. And at least Iain's usually had a few and is sometimes slightly jocular in his despair: Paul just makes me want to top myself...he was the same when he was on the BBC footy thing. I pity his kids! He thinks that statistics are all that matter and "knows some ex-players", so knows Thorn is rubbish.

theprince

Had an anti Thorn opinion but was soon jumped on by Clive Eakin. Whether agree or not he is entitled to an opinion without having to put up with Eakin interferring

Nonleagueherewecome

sylus

i aint paul.....sorry to spoil your illusions here.. we are all not thorn lovers ya know..

Grendel

Ok ....erm......he hasn't the backing of sisu

But that doesn't make him any good. Thorn is the worst manager we have ever had. Paul stood his ground well. I wish thorns best new friend linnel was on just for the entertainment.

Didge76

Agree with everything Paul said. You can't ignore all the stats, Thorn is the worst manager in our history end of. Yes you can all argue that he had his hands tied but I think a fresh start is what is needed now and that Thorn is totally inept as a manager.

percy

i think if he had managed to keep the spine of the team we had last season plus a few more signings, it might have gave us a more realistic guage of his ability. i think to judge the bloke on this, his first season in charge with everything he has had to put up with both on and off the pitch is a bit unfair.

sylus

fuckin right i could...the team would of had my boot up there arse,if they came off the pitch NOT..giving 110% effort....thorns tactics...were shit...defend..defend...defend...oh...slight attack..

superskyblue

agree with Percy, next season will be a more realistic gauge of how good a manager is.. let's face it our squad was by far and away the weakest in the Championship so we'll see what next year brings.

dongonzalos

Even SISU admitted it was their fault, the only truthful words they have ever spoken and some people are still blaming Thorn?

However in all honesty who gives a shit, lets try and focus on the fact they have taken the first step, that mirrors the action they have taken on two previous ocassions when they have put companies into liquidation.

If someone is going to bother their arse to phone a radio show can they mention this next time please.

IMO having a club or not is a bit more important at the moment than whether people think they personally are a better manager than Thorn or not!

I missed the show and should have listened in and had the balls to phone myself

Sisu_Cockroaches

Sisu have admitted it was their fault so we dont all call for thorns head, they want to keep their puppet on a string in the job for as long as possible on peanut wages.

dongonzalos

Sisu have admitted it was their fault so we dont all call for thorns head, they want to keep their puppet on a string in the job for as long as possible on peanut wages.

Yes because they always admit when they get things wrong don't they. This is the first and only time they have ever admitted about fucking up about anything. I think that tells you all you need to know.

However I am getting sidetracked again. AVRO have taken a charge against all our assets in March 2012. The two times they previously did this with SISU the companies they did it to were liquidated.

We wont get to see if AT is up to the job next season or not!!!!!!!!!

Sisu_Cockroaches

Yes because they always admit when they get things wrong don't they. This is the first and only time they have ever admitted about fucking up about anything. I think that tells you all you need to know.

However I am getting sidetracked again. AVRO have taken a charge against all our assets in March 2012. The two times they previously did this with SISU the companies they did it to were liquidated.

Personally i would prefer to be liquidated and i dont care what level we play at just as long as these leeches dont own our club. Thats how bad it has got. Someone will reform the club within weeks if it happens and we will have to take the afc wimbledon route. So be it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sconset will be liquidated since that's the company where the debts are now held; and as Sconset holds companies which ultimately hold CCFC, it means that the club will also cease to exist. SISU's top dogs have done this charge very quietly in the hope nobody spots it and they can spring liquidation on people out of the blue-well tough luck folks, we have, and we won't stay quiet about it either.

Grendel

Delboycov

Sconset will be liquidated since that's the company where the debts are now held; and as Sconset holds companies which ultimately hold CCFC, it means that the club will also cease to exist. SISU's top dogs have done this charge very quietly in the hope nobody spots it and they can spring liquidation on people out of the blue-well tough luck folks, we have, and we won't stay quiet about it either.

Exactly and all the more reason why the thread about it shouldn't be hidden away where no one will see it. We could be jumping to the wrong conclusions but if no one knows about it how are we ever going to get to find out what they're up to before it's too late?

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU's silence forces people to speculate and go digging for information themselves as the likes of OSB have done-and their silence speaks volumes when you look at what they're up to behind the scenes.

skybluegod

how can he be the worst manager ever we don't actually know he hasn't had any backing he could either be the best manager or the worst we don't know

Paxman II

Oh dear. I cba for a fight.
Thorn is the worst manager, the stats say so.

He was given very little assistance from owners and suffered because of it.
I could not say hand on heart it's THE reason we went down. It certainly was a major conributing factor.

Thorn had a really good run more recently and that only proved just where he fell short earlier in the season when just a point here and a point there ended up costing us dearly in the end. His tactical mistakes were pure negligence at times, decisions he made, lack of a plan B and substitutions. No doubt about that he failed time and again when games looked winable at best and drawable at least and we got nothing again and again.

Though it's easy to hump the blame ultimately on SISU's decisions it just can't be defended that Thorn should have got that handful more points than we did and we would still be in the championship. He was a failure unfortunately where I truly beleive a more experienced guy would have got us over the line. That stood out for me as the main reason we ended up going down.

Should he take the blame? No absolutely not.
SISU must shoulder the blame. They appointed him, they failed to support him properly and the buck stops there.
Had we survived nothing in my mind would be any different.

The manager was very poor and the owners complicit in all that has happened the last few seasons.

Looking forward to promotion! PUSB - oh can we still say that...or is there an image change coming...;)

percy

fair enough the stats may not look good but even the bookies had us down as one of the favourites to go down. the fact that we got so close to the end of the season still having a chance of staying up with this squad werent that bad.
there has been a few managers down the years that have done worse than thorn with much better resourses.
the bloke was onto a loser staright away

Users who are viewing this thread