Paul Gascoigne - Leicester City? (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't been past for a while. When Madge died in the eighties it was sold to a bloke who was a falconer, and he changed its name to... The Falconer. He sold it on some years later and again changed its name, to The Sharnford Arms.
All imaginative stuff.
I probably haven't been in for 20 years
The Countryman has also changed hands and name, and is now run by the Edge family who we lived a few doors from on Henson Way. Haven't been in there for quite a while either, but they say the snap is good.

Off topic, but related to your 'Over There' location, made me recall (with a juvenile smile), a long lost chant from the '70s aimed at the away fans 'and do they smell, like f***ng hell, over there, over there' Apologies, but it's one that was present at most games but is now never heard. Back to topic....!

Kneeza

Off topic, but related to your 'Over There' location, made me recall (with a juvenile smile), a long lost chant from the '70s aimed at the away fans 'and do they smell, like f***ng hell, over there, over there' Apologies, but it's one that was present at most games but is now never heard. Back to topic....!
Somebody got it! :)

AStonesThrow

Last I heard, Gazza was living in Poole. My parents live in a town called Swanage down that way and he was frequently seen in Swanage, Poole and the area, even once nearly crashing into the chain ferry with the boat he was on.
Could well have relocated since then though

Sky Blue Harry H

Last I heard, Gazza was living in Poole. My parents live in a town called Swanage down that way and he was frequently seen in Swanage, Poole and the area, even once nearly crashing into the chain ferry with the boat he was on.
Could well have relocated since then though

Hope so - don't want him stuck on that boat.

Kneeza

Just realised I used to use the Bulls Head in Stanton (had confused it in my head with the Blue Bell which is further down the road), with a workmate. Didn't ever see Gazza in there either, but perhaps he frequented it some years later.

Users who are viewing this thread