Paul dickov (1 Viewer)

BurbageSkyBlues

Makes no sense at all, given Fisher's reasons for sacking AT. He MUST be looking for someone to inspire, galvanise and be effective. If it were to be another cheap gamble, then we may as well not sacked AT ?

skybluedaze

Dickov opted to build a youthful side at Oldhham and made controversial decisions at the start of the season to offload 2009–10 player of the year and club captain Sean Gregan as well as top scorer Paweł Abbott amongst other first team players.

The team went into the New Year in ninth position, with games in hand on the teams above them, and being unbeaten at home in the league. Results in the second half of the season were less consistent and the team finished the season in the bottom half of the table.

On 9 June 2012, Dickov celebrated two years in charge of the Latics. They finished the 2011-12 Season in 16th position in the npower League One, one place higher than the previous season.

Win ratio of 29%

Mouthwatering. :thinking about:

My gut feeling is NO. My head says Maybe? My heart says, definately someone else. The stats above confirm it's a big fat NO from me. Hopefully he was just on a scouting mission Tuesday night.

The Reverend Skyblue

In Waggotts description for the credentials the new manager must have is " a high grade CV ", well thats Dickov out.

If he sticks by his word, Yea i know what your thinking, it must be a proven winner with winning mentality, (no doubt at Championship and below level), but if he stands by what he said we can close this thread now

The Rev

Tomh111

He also played alongside Paul Williams.

Not suggesting that he will be manager, but coincidentally Williams was there on Tuesday. We sat next to him in Pizza Hut. I imagine he was there to support Shaw in his first match.

Astute

Just a bit of bullshit.

Same amount of chance of him being our next manager as me changing clubs.

Guess I could be looking for a new club to support soon :(

Grendel

I can't see it - he may be having an interview - nothing wrong with being part of the process but on face value he seems the unlikeliest of the listed candidates.

jassie78

I just seen on sky sport news to that coventry have approached dickov. What type of game does dickov player? Long ball , passing or bit of both

skyblueman

Can everyone PLEASE STOP talking about Paul Dickov!!!!

It's really getting unsettling seeing his name over and over linked to the manager's job :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

jassie78

No f**king way to who is the joker 3 games 1 point in this league . We best not get him otherwise I would be very annoyed.

Chipfat

Why would SISU be looking to pay compo for a manager who is no better than the one we have now, this name doesn't make sense and 'im not sure he would even be that welcomed.. I really hope that this in not something TF is even considering never mind following up, a massive NO for me...

brinner

if we appont that lille ex lester rat i will be fuming.

i dont like him, his record isnt great, certainly not the "winner" thats been talked about.

il be taking me season ticket back if he is appointed and will go back to just doing away days like last season and just go the home games if i get freebies.

fuck em.

CovLis86

Really hope there's nothing to this. Can't stand the guy, and don't think he's the guy to take us forward. Don't do it Sisu. How stupid dare you be...

Otis

Maybe they are putting it out there that's it's Dickov knowing we'll all be so pee'd off that when they announce Gary Megson as the new manager we will all hold street parties.

Grendel

if we appont that lille ex lester rat i will be fuming.

i dont like him, his record isnt great, certainly not the "winner" thats been talked about.

il be taking me season ticket back if he is appointed and will go back to just doing away days like last season and just go the home games if i get freebies.

feck em.

Regardless of his managerial ability your comment about Leicester is purile and pathetic.

If Martin Oniel joined us I assume you would be in a tailspin- villa Leicester and Sunderland.

brinner

Maybe they are putting it out there that's it's Dickov knowing we'll all be so pee'd off that when they announce Gary Megson as the new manager we will all hold street parties.
Megson is a c**t aswell, done fuck all since west brom, not stayed in a job longer than 2 years!!

still never forgave the wanker for ruining Emersons career.

brinner

Regardless of his managerial ability your comment about Leicester is purile and pathetic.

If Martin Oniel joined us I assume you would be in a tailspin- villa Leicester and Sunderland.
we have no chance of getting him so thats irellivant!

u a lester fan in disguise or sumet?

mong.

Grendel

we have no chance of getting him so thats irellivant!

u a lester fan in disguise or sumet?

mong.

It is highly relevant.

As for your "put down" at the end I would assume, given your curious grasp of the English language you are being ironic.

1nilandwe...

its a message board kid, not an english exam.

But you'll find people take you far more seriously if you can string together coherent sentences.

BBC Sportsday:

Oldham chairman Simon Corney rubbishes reports that Coventry City have expressed an interest in speaking to Latics manager Paul Dickov. Speaking to the Manchester Evening News he said: "It's absolute nonsense. There is not a grain of truth to it and I don't know where it has come from."

Otis

But you'll find people take you far more seriously if you can string together coherent sentences.

BBC Sportsday:

Oldham chairman Simon Corney rubbishes reports that Coventry City have expressed an interest in speaking to Latics manager Paul Dickov. Speaking to the Manchester Evening News he said: "It's absolute nonsense. There is not a grain of truth to it and I don't know where it has come from."

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

1nilandwe...

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Pleased eh?

Users who are viewing this thread