Paul dickov (1 Viewer)

Grendel

But you'll find people take you far more seriously if you can string together coherent sentences.

BBC Sportsday:

Oldham chairman Simon Corney rubbishes reports that Coventry City have expressed an interest in speaking to Latics manager Paul Dickov. Speaking to the Manchester Evening News he said: "It's absolute nonsense. There is not a grain of truth to it and I don't know where it has come from."

Brinner can sleep easily. The crises is over.

torchomatic

Yep, that's my main reason for disliking the twat. I was there that snowy day when he crocked DE.

still never forgave the wanker for ruining Emersons career.

Gint11

Paul Dickov was an irritating player. I would not want him managing us.

Otis

Pleased eh?

Only a tad.

If I was really delighted I would have put

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:
:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

this many.

The CableGuy

Chillax lads:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...etic-chairman-rubbishes-coventry-city-rumours

Oldham Athletic chairman Simon Corney has rubbished claims that Coventry City have expressed an interest in speaking to Latics manager Paul Dickov.

Earlier today Sky Sports News reported that the managerless Midlands club wanted to speak to the former City ace about the vacant post at the Ricoh Arena.

But Corney, who earlier this week launched an attack on players and staff at Boundary Park after a poor start to the season, says their is "not a grain of truth" to the rumours.

Speaking to M.E.N. Sport from New York the club's owner denied an approach had been made.

"It's absolute nonsense," he said.

"There is not a grain of truth to it and I don't know where it has come from."

Corney, who is in the US on business, launched his attack after an opening week that saw Latics take just one point from three matches.

1nilandwe.. beat me to it.

ccfctommy

I post on a different board and this is what some Oldham fans said...

that sums up the point when I mention that fans of other clubs don't see his potential because they don't know about the constraints he has to work with for example the money towards Shefki Kuqi's wages came from a trust fund put together by supporters. Plus of the 29 players in the matchday squad all but 12 of them came through the youth ranks and most of them are under the age of 22. Plus we're Oldham Athletic, whether we like it or not everyone just assumes we're a pointless Football club because we're on the doorstep of City and Utd.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. He is a good manager trys to play attacking football. He is inexperienced in managing. Be interested what he does with money.

Astute

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. He is a good manager trys to play attacking football. He is inexperienced in managing. Be interested what he does with money.

Money? No good him coming here then

oafc

Oafc fan here. Some people seem to be under the impression dickov has had a tiny budget when here. I thought this as well until our chairman informed us in an interview we were in the top ten budgets (roughly) in the league last year. Him being on a shoe string budget is BS.

Otis

Cheers for that.

As you can gauge on here, we don't want him here as our next manager.

Diehard Si

Hope its not true as my mate who works at City seems to think we are after him. I'm hoping he's just picked up idle gossip though or even heard it from people who got it from SSN.

Last edited:

craigSKYBLUE

Oafc fan here. Some people seem to be under the impression dickov has had a tiny budget when here. I thought this as well until our chairman informed us in an interview we were in the top ten budgets (roughly) in the league last year. Him being on a shoe string budget is BS.
To be honest if we appoint him it won't be a step forward and quite possibly a step backwards for us.dreadful appointment if happens

Steve.B50

WE DO NOT WANT DICKOV.
He has done nothing, no more experince than Shaw.
Much better options out there.

NO NO NO

covcity4life

my oldham supporting mate thinks this is a goer,thats what local news is reporting anyway

could just be local media panic though

skybluedaze

In fairness to Dickov, i think he does actually have the potential to become a good manager. Just not sure if this is the right move for everyone. He'd surely give the team a kick up the backside.

Users who are viewing this thread