Pathetic turnout (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I was at the protest today.......

4 CCFC supporters
1 CRFC Supporter and Dave Nellist...

10 reporters fighting to get anyone to speak to.
Quite embarrassing obviously everyone is happy with the deal,

Otis

Yep, me too.

Talk was now they had agreed to vote yes to concentrate on the meeting itself.

Thought it was 6 p.m.

Otis

Well B HSB booked half a day and made it.

The goalposts kept moving. Originally it was said about meeting at 1 p.m. but that was to lobby councillors. Then the talk was of an open meeting. Thought it was siad that was at 6.

I'm sure lots more could have turned up if it was clarified. I said I could make it for 1 and was actually in town at the time.

SkyBlueCharlie

4 CCFC supporters

I think it was always going to be difficult to get any real numbers there due to (1) the short notice and (2) the time of the meeting.
I think that any representation was a positive step and well done to those that made it.
From the many comments at last night's meeting and on this forum I think that it's fair to say that most do not agree with or support what has and is happening to our club so don't be too disheartened by the turnout. This is not intended as a dig but did anyone represnting either CCFC or CRFC turn up?

TheUKGryphon

It's the middle of the day on a Tuesday mate. Can I ask what the hell you expected? 5000 People all waving anti council/SISU banners?
Just because we can't all drop everything at a moments notice to attend doesn't mean we don't care any less.

Comments like yours get me really bloody angry. Please Refrain from making them and look at the broader picture.

letsallsingtogether

I will say what I want expected at least 20 and comments like yours are irrelevant.
It's the middle of the day on a Tuesday mate. Can I ask what the hell you expected? 5000 People all waving anti council/SISU banners?
Just because we can't all drop everything at a moments notice to attend doesn't mean we don't care any less.

Comments like yours get me really bloody angry. Please Refrain from making them and look at the broader picture.

skyblue1991

4 CCFC supporters

No, the only people that can make it either booked it off work, aren't at work today or are dole dossers.

letsallsingtogether

So yes I am out of work doesn't make me a dole dosser!!
just more excesses from people who really can't be bothered to make the extra effort.[

QUOTE=skyblue1991;788199]No, the only people that can make it either booked it off work, aren't at work today or are dole dossers.[/QUOTE]

MichaelCCFC

4 CCFC supporters

A big thank you to you and the others who were there and were representing all of us who couldn't make it today. The Trust's letter is excellent and with a bit more time and the Trust leading the next one should be a lot bigger!

hill83

What protest?
Who arranged it?
What was it for?

1pm on a Tuesday afternoon for fuck sake!

Sky Blue Dal

Sorry to hear about the turn out LAST.

To be honest I was expecting some Wasps fans to be at the protest too. Were they not informed??

LB87ccfc

I thought it was 6pm tonight as originally posted by someone on here? then all a sudden it was 1pm, didnt the CET mention a 7pm meeting tonight resulting in a 6pm demo by fans this evening, then the council moved the goal posts as most likely didnt want people outside the council house baying for blood?

TheUKGryphon

To say that we're all happy with the deal because we have other things to do on a working day rather than attend was as pathetic as the turn out.

My post was not irrelevant as it was relevant to yours in the hopes it would add some levity to your scorn of us All. If I had posted a comment about my holiday last year, then that would have been irrelevant.

True, can say what you want, providing you're willing to accept the backlash.

Ashdown

Wasps fans themselves have not been consulted on any of this it appears. It has been done behind their backs and they are only just waking up to the gravity of this situation. The 'Telegraph' comment feed shows a lot of disgruntlement from them. Their man Mr Breed has convinced himself that they will pull admirable support from the local area as a franchise operation. I for one cannot believe the comments of Cov Rugby Chairman Rossborough who it seems is perfectly happy for CRFC to roll over and become an affiliate to this abomination.

GingerSimon

Sky TV

[video=youtube_share;9WDOWDHA970]http://youtu.be/9WDOWDHA970[/video]

Outside the Council House earlier today.

matesx

fuck that

if i was a dosser i would have gone

fuck all on telly

Nick

Administrator
Anything going on before the game tonight? I reckon as many people as possible should get to there to support the team.

hill83

At least you've got the chance to be the big I am again for a bit. Bet you are loving it.

Ashdown

It's like fucking groundhog day all over again. I'm going to the match to watch some football. I'm a firm believer that in this shitty world right now, the only thing that matters is the right deal for the big money movers. People are expected to act like sheep and many will. Protesting only works when it affects these cretins income and turnover, therefore the biggest protest would be a total boycott of this Wasps franchise bullshit at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to the people who went who backed their word up with actions, bit harsh to have a go at others who couldn't make it or didn't know about it :(

matesx

99.999% of Cov fans are utter c-units for not attending the protest

Users who are viewing this thread