Passport Control (1 Viewer)

For or Against Vaccine Passports?

• For

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Against

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Sick Boy

Might be brought on by the depression and anxiety caused by anempathetic people...
Yeah, IMO a lot of obesity is linked to mental health problems. I don’t think anyone would actually happily choose to be obese.

Reactions: COV

PVA

How is it ridiculous?

The risk of COVID hospitalisation / death / severe illness from it increases massively with obesity. Obesity is a choice for some people.

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated. Obesity is not contagious. Neither is lung cancer. Or car crashes.

Lots of measures are in place to try and prevent deaths from those causes. Lots of measures are in place to try and prevent deaths from COVID, ie the vaccine and potentially a vaccine passport.

jordan210

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated. Obesity is not contagious. Neither is lung cancer. Or car crashes.

Lots of measures are in place to try and prevent deaths from those causes. Lots of measures are in place to try and prevent deaths from COVID, ie the vaccine and potentially a vaccine passport.

How does a vaccine passport prevent death from Covid if a vaccinated person can still transmit the virus to another vaccinated person ?

fernandopartridge

I’m sorry, I genuinely can’t understand what you’ve written here (changing what status?)

If the government can legally imprison me for 10 days regardless of my health status, and won’t let me out until I prove I likely don’t have Covid, isn’t the vaccine passport question already settled in principle?

Those regulations expire on 27 September 2021.

jimmyhillsfanclub

How does a vaccine passport prevent death from Covid if a vaccinated person can still transmit the virus to another vaccinated person ?

...maybe the virus only transmits in premises not covered by the passport.:p

1001 in this club.....but they've got a passport.....safe as houses.
999 in this club.....no passport....they're all gonna die.

clint van damme

We have the most incompetent government in charge at 5he worse possible time. They spunked an eye watering amount on the total failure that was track and trace.
I wouldn't want any government to try and introduce a vacinne passport but the last one I'd want doing it is this mob.

A licence to siphon public money into there own pockets before we even start talking about the civil liberty arguments.

skybluetony176

A couple of points why this analogy is completely ridiculous.

Vaccine for yellow fever prevents illness not spread. As yellow fever isn't spread by close contact. Its spread by Mosquitoes. Who amazingly have not been vaccinated.

Also when have you ever shown your yellow fever certificate to go to the football or a pint down your local ?

Answer you havent as its not a domestic passport. Its a condition to travel to certain places.
Yellow Fever is one example of dozens illnesses and viruses you have to be vaccinated for to travel to many countries. It was just the first one that came to my head from personal experience. Meningitis is another of the top of my head and meningitis is spread by coughing and sneezing. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure there’s plenty of others also. Not the gotcha you think it is. The point is completely relevant.

jordan210

It does slow the spread, if not eliminate it. It also reduces the possibility of catching Covid, and spreading it to somebody else, along with decreasing the viral load.
The vaccine does not eradicate transmission but it reduces it significantly.

Israel who are on 3 jabs and have vaccine passports for quite a lot of normal life have yet cases are at a record high.

clint van damme

Yellow Fever is one example of dozens illnesses and viruses you have to be vaccinated for to travel to many countries. It was just the first one that came to my head from personal experience. Meningitis is another of the top of my head and meningitis is spread by coughing and sneezing. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure there’s plenty of others also. Not the gotcha you think it is. The point is completely relevant.

That different to an arbitrary national passport just to go about your daily business though.

jordan210

Have you shown your meningitis certificate to go in to the Ricoh ?

jordan210

So just think how bad it'd be without any measures.

Like Sweden ?

Anyway back on the main topic.

Domestic passports are not only useless but discriminatory and give a false sense of security.

Showing you have been jabbed for to go to a foreign country as a condition of entry I'm fine with.

Sick Boy

We have the most incompetent government in charge at 5he worse possible time. They spunked an eye watering amount on the total failure that was track and trace.
I wouldn't want any government to try and introduce a vacinne passport but the last one I'd want doing it is this mob.

A licence to siphon public money into there own pockets before we even start talking about the civil liberty arguments.
Hear hear!

SBT

Those regulations expire on 27 September 2021.

So if ‘vaccine passports’ also have a fixed end date, it’s no longer a slippery slope?

Just trying to understand the rigid ideological opposition to something we’ve already decided makes sense elsewhere.

NorthernWisdom

Sweden's death rate is about 10 times that of it's Nordic neighbours
Yeah it's a country with a far higher cumulative deaths per 100,000. It's also a country where the projection would be decreased from present estimates if they introduced some measures (masks!). It's pointless comparing each country's immediate figures as we're all on different paths, and is why 'would you rather be in Italy?' has had negative, positive, negative connotations depending on whenever it's been uttered.

But the evidence is out there that a vaccine slows transmission, reduces the chances of catching Covid, and drastically reduces the chances of falling seriously ill with Covid.

skybluetony176

That doesn't mean jabs and restrictions don't work though.
Exactly. It’s like saying seatbelts don’t work because two thirds of of people who die in car crashes are wearing them. Over 90% of the public do wear them so the tiny minority of people who don’t wear them are responsible for a third of deaths in car accidents. It’s all about how you present the facts, or ignore.

jordan210

We don’t have a meningitis pandemic in this country so no. You can see the difference I’m sure.

You brought up meningitis.

If you want to sit behind a comfort blanket of a vaccine passport to go ahead your every day life. Fine. But currently there is no scientific justification for one.

So you pointless analogies off seatbelts and other diseases are as much use as a domestic passport.

chiefdave

Israel who are on 3 jabs and have vaccine passports for quite a lot of normal life have yet cases are at a record high.
Didn't Israel get rid of vaccine passports and masks due to a high vaccination rate only to see cases shoot up followed by hospitalisations and deaths which led to vaccine passports and masks being reintroduced?

skybluetony176

You brought up meningitis.

If you want to sit behind a comfort blanket of a vaccine passport to go ahead your every day life. Fine. But currently there is no scientific justification for one.

So you pointless analogies off seatbelts and other diseases are as much use as a domestic passport.
I brought it up as an example of things that you have to do to live free in certain circumstances. The liberty argument is BS. This government want to make it harder to enter a polling station because of one case of voter fraud in a decade and no one says boo to a ghost. Make it harder (and it isn’t hard, just grow up and get the vaccine) to enter a nightclub in an effort to stop people dying needlessly in huge numbers. Wah wah wah, my liberties.
And the no scientific justification nonsense. We’re in uncharted territory, we’re writing the scientific evidence. We won’t know for a year at least of there’s scientific justification. Unfortunately we’re the canaries down the mineshaft. The no scientific justification argument is about as clever as the would you rather live in Italy one at the start of the pandemic. We’re dealing in unknowns.

skybluetony176

Didn't Israel get rid of vaccine passports and masks due to a high vaccination rate only to see cases shoot up followed by hospitalisations and deaths which led to vaccine passports and masks being reintroduced?
They did. They lasted 4 whole weeks without them before they backtracked.

Sick Boy

Yeah and it shows the importance of learning lessons and not thinking the pandemic is suddenly over.

hill83

I had meningitis and meningococcal septicaemia when I was 4 not long after having the vaccine since we are talking about it. Should have died and got away with not losing any limbs.

skybluetony176

Yeah it was a bad one. I can’t remember much about it obviously. My mum says she was told whatever they were doing wasn’t working and to prepare for the worst then I pulled my finger out and got better. 4 weeks in Cov and Warwick hospital.
I thought I had it bad at 4 because I had to spend a day in hospital as I was being circumcised. Didn’t know I was born. WTF my mum was crying about as they wheeled me out of the ward to go to the operating theatre god only knows.

Users who are viewing this thread