Passport Control (1 Viewer)

For or Against Vaccine Passports?

• For

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Against

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Sick Boy

Again an absurd comparison if coming from a high risk country then clearly they will have to and it’s a 10 day restriction not one for an unspecified time period.

I actually think if it’s high risk and someone elects to travel they should be regardless of vaccine status
Would you say the amber list countries in Europe are ‘high risk’ considering comparable rates of vaccination and lower case numbers?

Grendel

Not a big fan of them but been using them for a few weeks now and cases in Italy are at around 2500 cases a day and decreasing - if it avoids a lockdown then it’s better all round for the country.
Those who are too scared to get the vaccine pay €15 to be tested and that gives them a ‘Green Pass’ for 48 hours.

The daily cases are a misnomer really and is skewed by the number of tests each country does. The U.K. reported test figures are much higher

SBT

Again an absurd comparison if coming from a high risk country then clearly they will have to and it’s a 10 day restriction not one for an unspecified time period.

I actually think if it’s high risk and someone elects to travel they should be regardless of vaccine status

So why isn’t forcibly keeping people in their homes irrespective of whether they have the virus a slippery slope? I assume you think they should be allowed out to live freely once they produce the proper paperwork to show they likely don’t have Covid?

Grendel

Would you say the amber list countries in Europe are ‘high risk’ considering comparable rates of vaccination and lower case numbers?

The lower case numbers are a misnomer as I’ve stated we have far higher test stats for some reason also as I’ve said vaccination figures aren’t that relevant either as it’s transmitted anyway and many people of vulnerable age groups are not vaccinated

Grendel

So why isn’t forcibly keeping people in their homes irrespective of whether they have the virus a slippery slope? I assume you think they should be allowed out to live freely once they produce the proper paperwork to show they likely don’t have Covid?

It’s a 10 day process which is not discriminatory

Grendel

It’s only 10 days if you’re not vaccinated from Amber.

Even then it’s a situation which is a short time frame and a consequence of leaving a country. It’s not a restriction that will apply potentially for years to come is it?

Sick Boy

Even then it’s a situation which is a short time frame and a consequence of leaving a country. It’s not a restriction that will apply potentially for years to come is it?
In that case there’s no evidence to suggest that vaccine passports would be required for years to come either.

Reactions: PVA

Nick

Administrator
I admire your persistence at trying to push this obesity angle still despite it being shot down every time.

It's not remotely comparable. Last time I checked obesity still isn't contagious.

OK, so obesity isn't a factor with COVID hospitalisations / deaths?

Would a decrease in obesity make a difference in hospitalisations / deaths from COVID?

Grendel

In that case there’s no evidence to suggest that vaccine passports would be required for years to come either.

You miss the point. An isolation period is 10 days a vaccine passport is not invalid in 10 days is it?

clint van damme

It's about halfway down the list of underlying health conditions which exacerbate covid.
Can't remember what was top, diabetes is second though they'll be a certain amount of crossover with obesity, and it wasn't broken down into types 1and 2.

PVA

Would a decrease in obesity make a difference in hospitalisations / deaths from COVID?

Nobody has said it isn't a factor.

But what's a quicker way out of this - getting everyone jabbed or getting all obese people to lose weight?

SBT

It’s a 10 day process which is not discriminatory

???

The quarantine rules have got progressively more restrictive, including forcing people to stay in government-approved hotels rather than their own homes. But no slippery slope there I take it?

And again - presumably you think people should be allowed out of quarantine once they produce the paperwork that shows they likely don’t have Covid?

Nick

Administrator
It's about halfway down the list of underlying health conditions which exacerbate covid.
Can't remember what was top, diabetes is second though they'll be a certain amount of crossover with obesity, and it wasn't broken down into types 1and 2.

One study found that for people with a BMI of 35 to 40, risk of death from COVID-19 increases by 40% and with a BMI over 40 by 90%, compared to those not living with obesity. Other data found that in intensive care units, 7.9% of critically ill patients with COVID-19 had a BMI over 40 compared with 2.9% of the general population.

Obesity is a choice for some people. So when can we expect obese passports for them?

Grendel

???

The quarantine rules have got progressively more restrictive, including forcing people to stay in government-approved hotels rather than their own homes. But no slippery slope there I take it?

And again - presumably you think people should be allowed out of quarantine once they produce the paperwork that shows they likely don’t have Covid?

And again it’s for 10 days - so if you agree or not with it it’s 10 days. I don’t agree with changing status without 14 days so it doesn’t impact those in travel but it’s nowhere near the same issue

Nick

Administrator
Nobody has said it isn't a factor.

But what's a quicker way out of this - getting everyone jabbed or getting all obese people to lose weight?

It isn't ever going to go away, we need to live with it.

If we don't want the NHS to be crippled, ban people who choose to be obese from doing stuff. Where does it end? Smokers, drinkers, people who drive cars etc?

clint van damme

Obesity is a choice for some people. So when can we expect obese passports for them?

That doesn't make sense?
You can see if someone's obese andobese can and are refused certain treatments on the NHS.
I'm against vacinne passports but I don't see your argument as avalid comparison. It's not the same.

Nick

Administrator
That doesn't make sense?
You can see if someone's obese andobese can and are refused certain treatments on the NHS.
I'm against vacinne passports but I don't see your argument as avalid comparison. It's not the same.

I thought it was about not crippling the NHS though?

PVA

It isn't ever going to go away, we need to live with it.

If we don't want the NHS to be crippled, ban people who choose to be obese from doing stuff. Where does it end? Smokers, drinkers, people who drive cars etc?

It's just a ridiculous argument and I can't see why you persist with it.

Lots is already done to prevent the things you mention. Smoking ban. Driving tests. Etc etc

Grendel

Vaccine passports can ultimately be used for lifestyle and employment restrictions, insurance policy terms it’s hardly the same as isolating in an Ibis after a jaunt to a red zone country

Nick

Administrator
It's just a ridiculous argument and I can't see why you persist with it.

How is it ridiculous?

The risk of COVID hospitalisation / death / severe illness from it increases massively with obesity. Obesity is a choice for some people.

clint van damme

I thought it was about not crippling the NHS though?

By stopping the spread.
You don't spread Obesity, or lung cancer or other mainly lifestyle diseases.
I just think there has to be a better way of containing it and that vacinne passports will be a gateway to fuck knows what else.

Grendel

Probably an insignificant number compared to those who are vaccinated.

She did stage her own event in her town in Sussex - around 20 attended

Anti Vax brigade are rabble rousing anarchists no different to lunatics who think saving the planet is sitting on the M25 on a Monday morning

Sick Boy

By stopping the spread.
You don't spread Obesity, or lung cancer or other mainly lifestyle diseases.
I just think there has to be a better way of containing it and that vacinne passports will be a gateway to fuck knows what else.
Apart from smoking 😉
It’s amazing so many get outraged about being tracked and their personal data yet happily have Facebook, Instagram etc accounts.

Reactions: COV

Grendel

Apart from smoking 😉
It’s amazing so many get outraged about being tracked and their personal data yet happily have Facebook, Instagram etc accounts.

its nothing to do with personal data

SBT

And again it’s for 10 days - so if you agree or not with it it’s 10 days. I don’t agree with changing status without 14 days so it doesn’t impact those in travel but it’s nowhere near the same issue

I’m sorry, I genuinely can’t understand what you’ve written here (changing what status?)

If the government can legally imprison me for 10 days regardless of my health status, and won’t let me out until I prove I likely don’t have Covid, isn’t the vaccine passport question already settled in principle?

Users who are viewing this thread