Passport Control (1 Viewer)

For or Against Vaccine Passports?

• For

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Against

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Grendel

It’s a global pandemic, it’s hardly comparable to something like obesity or smoking.

I don’t see what that has to do with an argument regarding having a passport which will be skewed towards vaccines. Perhaps 12 year olds should have to have them

Grendel

IMO, if the UK carries on as it is, it’ll end up back in lockdown.

Why? We have high cases but not massive increase in hospitalisation. France I think has a similar number in hospital I think?

jimmyhillsfanclub

you just can’t travel around and go to mass gatherings and do whatever you want putting other people’s lives in danger if you choose not to have it

As @jordan210 rightly points out, a passport doesn't magically make the vaccinated non-contagious....so its the non-vacinated that remain at a higher risk....so if they wanna go clubbing (at greater risk) let them.....its their lookout...

I'm still hopeful the constant talk of passports is just nudging a few more to take up the vaccine........

Sick Boy

As @jordan210 rightly points out, a passport doesn't magically make the vaccinated non-contagious....so its the non-vacinated that remain at a higher risk....so if they wanna go clubbing (at greater risk) let them.....its their lookout...

I'm still hopeful the constant talk of passports is just nudging a few more to take up the vaccine........
And then what happens if the vaccinated person is carrying the virus and then goes to see an elderly relative before they’ve been offered a booster?

PVA

If we ban obese people from things until they lose weight then the strain on the NHS will be massively lifted.

I admire your persistence at trying to push this obesity angle still despite it being shot down every time.

It's not remotely comparable. Last time I checked obesity still isn't contagious.

skybluetony176

I can’t believe I’m not allowed entry into (enter several destinations here) without a yellow fever vaccination certificate. My liberties grrr.

jimmyhillsfanclub

.....On the plus side....vaccine passports would be a great shot in the arm for the illegal rave scene.:cool:

skybluetony176

I can’t believe that I’m not allowed to work with children and vulnerable people without a background check. My liberties grrr.

skybluetony176

Anyhow. The majority of people on here are in favour of them and by about the same amount as the country as a whole. It’s a minority issue but as always the government pander to a minority of mostly fruit loops amongst their own ranks.

COV

People keep talking about liberties, what about the liberties of the much larger group, ie those who've been vaccinated and don't want to share a room with someone who isn't vaccinated? If they want us to carry around a bit of paper/ email to show we've been vaccinated then who gives a toss, maybe its my ignorance but don't see what the big deal is

Sick Boy

. We have plenty of restrictions on what we can do anyway (I can't go in certain clubs if I wear trainers, for a facetious example, but my trainers don't inflict harm on others, however horrible they may be...) but they're taken for granted as restrictions, as they're set into a societal norm. There are certain clubs, for that matter, I can't go to because I'm either not a member, not elected a member, and / oram the wrong gender...
Ha! Good point

Grendel

People keep talking about liberties, what about the liberties of the much larger group, ie those who've been vaccinated and don't want to share a room with someone who isn't vaccinated? If they want us to carry around a bit of paper/ email to show we've been vaccinated then who gives a toss, maybe its my ignorance but don't see what the big deal is

Why wouldn’t you want to share a room with someone not vaccinated?

JAM See

Can we ban obese people now? After all the hundreds of thousands of obesity-related NHS admissions every year will be crippling the NHS.
8,000 phase one elites.
3,000 shirts sent out (medium and large only)

Be careful what you wish for...

jordan210

There is no scientific proof for vaccine passports work.

If you look what highly regarded professional body

Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee

No justification for Covid passports, say Committee

"Government has so far failed to make the scientific case"

"Overall, we found that the Government has not established a clear scientific case, nor a good overriding public interest case for the introduction of a Covid-status certification system. There remain a large number of uncertainties about the rationale for an operation of such a system, as well as serious ethical concerns in regards to discrimination and infringement of individual rights and significant data protection concerns. When we consider that the Government’s own assessment that the case for introduction is “finely balanced”, it is our clear recommendation that the Government abandon the idea of using a Covid-status certification system domestically."

As I said its a complete false sense of security.

Last edited:

PVA

There is no scientific proof for vaccine passports work.

If you look what highly regarded professional body say such as the BMJ

COVID-19 vaccine passports are not evidence-based and violate people’s freedom of choice

That is not an article or paper by the BMJ, it is a letter in response to a BMJ article.

Edit: and it appears to have been written by an Australian reporter who got stood down from her TV program for inaccurate stories about WiFi frying kids brains.

JAM See

Has anybody actually clarified what the "agenda" is, its a very common word thrown around but nobody can explain what it actually is
The 'agenda' is buried in Area 51. Everybody should know that.

Do Your Own Research sheeple!

Reactions: COV

jordan210

I can’t believe I’m not allowed entry into (enter several destinations here) without a yellow fever vaccination certificate. My liberties grrr.

A couple of points why this analogy is completely ridiculous.

Vaccine for yellow fever prevents illness not spread. As yellow fever isn't spread by close contact. Its spread by Mosquitoes. Who amazingly have not been vaccinated.

Also when have you ever shown your yellow fever certificate to go to the football or a pint down your local ?

Answer you havent as its not a domestic passport. Its a condition to travel to certain places.

Last edited:

jordan210

That is not an article or paper by the BMJ, it is a letter in response to a BMJ article.

Edit: and it appears to have been written by an Australian reporter who got stood down from her TV program for inaccurate stories about WiFi frying kids brains.

Have edited. accordingly.

Marty

Has anybody actually clarified what the "agenda" is, its a very common word thrown around but nobody can explain what it actually is

Hardly anyone goes on like this though.

hill83

I can’t decide if I’m for them or not to be honest. Can we have a not sure option?

Sick Boy

Presumably those vehemently against also oppose UK and non-UK residents having to provide their vaccination status when entering the country and would like to see this requirement removed?

Grendel

Presumably those vehemently against also oppose UK and non-UK residents having to provide their vaccination status when entering the country and would like to see this requirement removed?

no as some countries have low vaccine rates and the risk of new variant transmission is higher. That’s also an entry to a country not a restriction within the country

Grendel

So you don’t agree with British citizens having to quarantine once they enter the country then?

Again an absurd comparison if coming from a high risk country then clearly they will have to and it’s a 10 day restriction not one for an unspecified time period.

I actually think if it’s high risk and someone elects to travel they should be regardless of vaccine status

Users who are viewing this thread