For or Against Vaccine Passports?

• For

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Against

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

NorthernWisdom

though the unvaccinated should stop being twats
That's the problem isn't it, in an ideal utopian world everybody does the right thing for society. In this world there are some self-centred egocentric narcissists who are happy to do what the hell they want, and fuck the consequences.

As a result of that... *they* restrict others' liberties, and put like that, restricting *their* liberties in order to allow the majority to live more freely ain't so bad, is it. We have plenty of restrictions on what we can do anyway (I can't go in certain clubs if I wear trainers, for a facetious example, but my trainers don't inflict harm on others, however horrible they may be...) but they're taken for granted as restrictions, as they're set into a societal norm. There are certain clubs, for that matter, I can't go to because I'm either not a member, not elected a member, and / oram the wrong gender...

Anyway, we've already got one monster thread on this in general, so I ain't saying no more as it's a poll, and nothing but a poll, with no Graham in sight.

SBT

Hard to say I'm against something that already exists in various forms, before COVID-19 even existed.

I'm not jonesing for a society-wide scheme (the system in Abu Dhabi, for example, goes too far for me) but in principle, I don't see a problem with temporarily restricting certain high-risk activities to the vaccinated during a public health emergency, especially if the alternative is a lockdown.

JAM See

Totally opposed!

What's wrong with the system we had in place from the late 16th century up until the early 18th century?

Get in, take over, exploit the natives and their resources, move on (No vaccine passports then was there?).

Rinse and repeat.

We need to take back control!

Last edited:

jordan210

Does the vaccine stop transmission. Nope so a vaccine passport is a complete waste of time. Its a will give a false sense of security for a few.

They will destroy hospitality and other industries. Also a slippery slope in to digital ID.

rob9872

For - gives the kids an extra option for fake ID to get into Jacks.

JAM See

What's happened?
Well, there was this big bang
Then it went quiet for a bit
Then a fish came out of the sea
Then there was some dinosaurs
Then the dinosaurs all died (poor dinosaurs)
Then there was a bit after that
Then it was a bit quiet
Then football was invented

That's it really.

shmmeee

For - they’ve existed for ages for jobs and travel so this is no different.

Nightclubs I can kind of see as a new imposition but if it’s a choice between closing down nightclubs again and passports then I don’t see how that’s not the most pro-freedom option.

More bothered by restricting basic stuff like voting with ID measures which the anti-vaccine passport people seem to have to issue with.

Generally I’d be all for ID cards after being heavily against. The “muh privacy from the state” horse bolted with the invention of the internet and GCHQ being given free reign. Now if people want to start by campaigning against *that* then I’m all for it. But whining the government have ID when they’ve literally got everything from your daily movements to your wank habits stored against you name photo email and phone number seems a little ridiculous.

We’ve currently got all of the drawbacks of lack of data privacy and none of the positives.

JAM See

For - they’ve existed for ages for jobs and travel so this is no different.

Nightclubs I can kind of see as a new imposition but if it’s a choice between closing down nightclubs again and passports then I don’t see how that’s not the most pro-freedom option.

More bothered by restricting basic stuff like voting with ID measures which the anti-vaccine passport people seem to have to issue with.

Generally I’d be all for ID cards after being heavily against. The “muh privacy from the state” horse bolted with the invention of the internet and GCHQ being given free reign. Now if people want to start by campaigning against *that* then I’m all for it. But whining the government have ID when they’ve literally got everything from your daily movements to your wank habits stored against you name photo email and phone number seems a little ridiculous.

We’ve currently got all of the drawbacks of lack of data privacy and none of the positives.
This is the real thin end of the wedge, that and gerrymandering.

shmmeee

This is the real thin end of the wedge, that and gerrymandering.

Don’t think you’ll see gerrymandering here thanks to the electoral commissions role, but yeah it’s straight out of the Republican playbook.

skybluetony176

The truth is we shouldn’t need them but we’re a very selfish nation full off arseholes who think it’s clever to take a woman with a face full of Botox seriously when she tells them not get the vaccine because it’s toxic or they’re part of the I’m all right jack brigade because I’m young, I’m fit I won’t die if I get it, I have no underlining health issues etc.

We’ll need them for the same reason we have to vaccinate 12-15 year olds. Not enough people are getting it for us to achieve herd immunity.

If you want to get upset at anyone for the mere mention of vaccine passports get upset with the Covididiots. It’s on them.

TomRad85

The truth is we shouldn’t need them but we’re a very selfish nation full off arseholes who think it’s clever to take a woman with a face full of Botox seriously when she tells them not get the vaccine because it’s toxic or they’re part of the I’m all right jack brigade because I’m young, I’m fit I won’t die if I get it, I have no underlining health issues etc.

We’ll need them for the same reason we have to vaccinate 12-15 year olds. Not enough people are getting it for us to achieve herd immunity.

If you want to get upset at anyone for the mere mention of vaccine passports get upset with the Covididiots. It’s on them.
How is our nation any more selfish than a whole pile of others? It's actually not that bad at all.
c537cc7fd69410e27c15b69e09694f5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

But we're not that selfish at all. A few social media idiots make it seem worse than it is, as they do for literally everything.

We can’t achieve herd immunity because too many grown ups refuse to the vaccine. Because of this we face the decision to vaccinate our children when it could be avoidable and leaving the possibility of vaccine passports on the table when they could be avoidable. That’s selfish and it takes more than a few social media idiots to get to this point.

JAM See

We can’t achieve herd immunity because too many grown ups refuse to the vaccine. Because of this we face the decision to vaccinate our children when it could be avoidable and leaving the possibility of vaccine passports on the table when they could be avoidable. That’s selfish and it takes more than a few social media idiots to get to this point.
That fuckwit Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for.

Absolute tool.

wingy

How is our nation any more selfish than a whole pile of others? It's actually not that bad at all.

I'm not sure it's to do with safety Tom.
Think the resistance is more attitudinal.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Japan surprised me at how low they are.

Generally the numbers of people that don't think it is safe across the board is really low. They aren't all lunatics.

TomRad85

Japan surprised me at how low they are.

Generally the numbers of people that don't think it is safe across the board is really low. They aren't all lunatics.
Japan took me by surprise too. I always thought, wrongly it seems, the Japanese were super compliant with this sort of thing.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Good article on why Japan has a problem with vaccine skepticism here:

Good read that.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier, your average person in those categories aren't your run of the mill Piers Corbyn or whatever.

SBT

Good read that.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier, your average person in those categories aren't your run of the mill Piers Corbyn or whatever.

It also shows that regardless of whether you're a conspiracy-spouting lunatic, not taking vaccines (or undermining them if you're in a position of authority) because you're worried about extremely rare or non-existent side effects can lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths.

robbiekeane

Me totally opposed - this is a slippery slope we will do but never should
Slippery slope is bullshit. Not a problem is it if you just get the vaccine. You can have exemptions if you have genuine reasons. No ones forcing you to have the vaccine, you just can’t travel around and go to mass gatherings and do whatever you want putting other people’s lives in danger if you choose not to have it, until the thing is under control which will take longer. Simple.

Just get the fucking vaccine and get on with life

Grendel

Slippery slope is bullshit. Not a problem is it if you just get the vaccine. You can have exemptions if you have genuine reasons. No ones forcing you to have the vaccine, you just can’t travel around and go to mass gatherings and do whatever you want putting other people’s lives in danger if you choose not to have it, until the thing is under control which will take longer. Simple.

Just get the fucking vaccine and get on with life

I have the vaccine thanks

Nick

Administrator
Can we ban obese people now? After all the hundreds of thousands of obesity-related NHS admissions every year will be crippling the NHS.

Sick Boy

Not a big fan of them but been using them for a few weeks now and cases in Italy are at around 2500 cases a day and decreasing - if it avoids a lockdown then it’s better all round for the country.
Those who are too scared to get the vaccine pay €15 to be tested and that gives them a ‘Green Pass’ for 48 hours.

Grendel

Can we ban obese people now? After all the hundreds of thousands of obesity-related NHS admissions every year will be crippling the NHS.

There are a lot of illnesses that are self inflicted. It’s a strange thought process that people are in favour of two tiered lifestyles based on a personal choice

Users who are viewing this thread