Passion, Aggression and Fight (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What is going on with it?

I don't expect our players to go out and have a scrap every game but where is the fight? We brought in players like Henderson and Hunt and it seemed like they would be from the Robbie Savage, Michael Brown mould but as a team we are so soft. I think the last time there was any argy bargy was when somebody pushed Maddison and Stokes steamed in. It is like our opposition just need to be a bit rough and players like Murphy and Maddison are taken out of the game. I am not saying we should go all out like Sheffield United, but we need to get a bit of fire. If we are losing then the players need to be hurting, they need to be gutted every time the lose the ball and do everything they can to win it back.

JOB may have been a "bad egg" but from what it sounds like it sounds like he wanted to always win and was unhappy when we lost.

As for passion, they need to have a look at the youth team and how much it meant to them when they scored.

No team is scared of us, in fact they all seem to have a game plan that usually works.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There are players out there who go hiding once we go a goal down. We know who they are, and I'm sure they do, given the fans' vocal reaction at home matches . If you change nothing then nothing will change.

Nick

Administrator
Even players like Fleck and Vincelot, Vincelot started the season like some sort of bearded warrior. He was going into tackles, a bit of an enforcer in midfield but he has turned into a bit of a wuss.

I'd much rather see somebody getting a yellow out of frustration because we are losing than just being soft and giving too much respect to the opposition.

steve82

Fleck and vincelot gone off the boil lately. Vincelot not quite the warrior he was and flecks passing has gone again. Ricketts ain't interested as a captain, if he's no fight that filters down

Alan Dugdales Moustache

.. i recall he scored at the Ricoh and came over raising his fists to the fans like a berserker viking nut case. Fantastic. No one seems that passionate any more.

Nick

Administrator
.. i recall he scored at the Ricoh and came over raising his fists to the fans like a berserker viking nut case. Fantastic. No one seems that passionate any more.

I remember against Bury, it was kind of surreal as it didn't seem like we had won 6-0.

I think that one was like the overhead flying kick one wasn't it, I remember that.

I honestly can't remember the last decent / crunching tackle I saw.

steve82

I remember against Bury, it was kind of surreal as it didn't seem like we had won 6-0.

I think that one was like the overhead flying kick one wasn't it, I remember that.

Yes I remember thinking we won 6-0 without testing there keeper much. Just bury were so poor notably the keeper.

Hobo

Playing against Crewe was like playing against training cones.

chiefdave

There seems to be no fight in the team at all. Like they are just going through the motions.

Not sure how professional sportsmen can put in a performance like they did at the weekend and then do the same thing days later. Any other team you'd expect to see a reaction from.

Otis

Burton have shown what can be achieved with team spirit and desire and a never say die attitude.

Hcut PUSB

I was deeply disappointed with our lacklustre performance on Saturday and what I hear from last night it was as bad. I think had it not been so shocking Saturday we maybe have forgiven last nights shenanigans as Barnsley are one of the form teams in league 1 as it stands.

I do not ever envisage not going to watch the City but I wish the twats that booed them off on Saturday would.

This Call Sign Out

dadgad

Burton have shown what can be achieved with team spirit and desire and a never say die attitude.

This is true. This has also been evident among our club at odd times in its history, 1967 and again twenty years later.
Off hand would you happen to know if Burton owners spend more time in court than watching football?

Nick

Administrator
This is true. This has also been evident among our club at odd times in its history, 1967 and again twenty years later.
Off hand would you happen to know if Burton owners spend more time in court than watching football?

I wonder what the Burton wage bill is compared to ours?

Should a court case really bother footballers? I doubt it.

stupot07

And some continuity. 8 of their players that started in the win against us at the Ricoh played in burton's final game of the 2014/15 season (7 start, 1 sub app). They added some quality (e.g Duffy) to a core group of good players who know their system, unlike us who will have to entirely rebuild the squad again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Sign a few of these women:

[video=youtube;AO24DZ9-xfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO24DZ9-xfk[/video]

Otis

That first flying tackle is the worst! That's worth 3 red cards in 1.

I bet they ended up with no men left on the pitch! ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

The first one is a horror challenge, but I did like they way they dealt with the player shielding the ball out of play just boot them up in the air, Fifa should bring that rule in to stop the shielding happening

lifeskyblue

Norman hunter, nobby stiles and chopper Harris could have learnt a few things from those 'ladies'. I'm surprised anyone is left on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

How many players have to get sent off before a match is abandoned? Surprised they managed to finish.

Otis

It's that very first one that gets me and also proves the argument about refs letting stuff go early on.

That first tackle was a horror challenge and a straight red any day of the week.

You look later one and yellow cards are being brandished for a lot less poor tackles.

That tackle anything after about 15 mins in the game and it would have been a red card.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread