Pask is better than Hyam (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

The criticism of the defence is way over the top, we've had more clean sheets already this season (12) than 2005/06 where we finished 8th (11). I think our best at this level post 2001 was 16 in the first season down.

Our biggest problem is goals, particularly not putting teams away which has exacerbated any defensive mistakes. The fact that Ben Wilson has got 8 clean sheets tells its own story as he's a rubbish goalkeeper.

Ccfcisparks

The criticism of the defence is way over the top, we've had more clean sheets already this season (12) than 2005/06 where we finished 8th (11). I think our best at this level post 2001 was 16 in the first season down.

Our biggest problem is goals, particularly not putting teams away which has exacerbated any defensive mistakes. The fact that Ben Wilson has got 8 clean sheets tells its own story as he's a rubbish goalkeeper.
This is the first season where we have primarily played 5 at the back, is it not to be expected to ship less goals when you have 5 defenders?

Last edited:

shmmeee

But that’s because we’ve gone from 3421 to 5311, because the defence/GK is poor and can’t be left alone to handle the defence so they need another five players helping out.

DannyThomas_1981

The atmosphere here is a bit like being in the Colosseum but with at least 2 or 3 emperors deciding the fate of Dom Hyam

Lions of course replaced by keyboard warriors (who despite claiming incredible expertise and better knowledge than Robins/Viveash never made it even into the Dog and Duck 2nds on a Sunday morning in their youth).

Grendel

The atmosphere here is a bit like being in the Colosseum but with at least 2 or 3 emperors deciding the fate of Dom Hyam

When robins was first here he once said Cyrus Christie ran “like a 65 year old grannie” trying to get back from one opposition attack. He’s now got someone who an octogenarian would beat in a sprint.

Brighton Sky Blue

When robins was first here he once said Cyrus Christie ran “like a 65 year old grannie” trying to get back from one opposition attack. He’s now got someone who an octogenarian would beat in a sprint.

What sticks out to me is Teem 'Usain' Pukki beating both McF and Hyam for pace despite both of them having a headstart followed by Wilson offering 90% of the goal for him to aim at

Grendel

What sticks out to me is Teem 'Usain' Pukki beating both McF and Hyam for pace despite both of them having a headstart followed by Wilson offering 90% of the goal for him to aim at

Perhaps would should play selfie boy at the back after all “he’s the best athlete at the club”

Brighton Sky Blue

Perhaps would should play selfie boy at the back after all “he’s the best athlete at the club”

Did Robins not say that we picked him for certain games because he was good at winning defensive headers? Perhaps he could swap with Mr Own Goal and between them we could score sitters at one end and keep them out at the other

rhino1002

i agree totally
if you look at the performances in all of our "poor seasons" (ie relegation) we have generally played good football (the coventry way) but failed to score enough goals and it is the same this season
Defences don't win games GOALS DO

fernandopartridge

I think that was about effort rather than capability though tbf

Users who are viewing this thread