Parting of the sea (2 Viewers)

Grendel

That's a pretty serious charge. How about some examples?

'Decimated' is a strong word, but yes, AT unquestionably had less to work with. No argument there. That doesn't mean that a historically low number of points is acceptable to all of us.

There are no examples. Some sound constructive comments regarding tactics, away form, proof the honeymoon period is no better than boothroyd is presented and the usual emotional bilge comes back.

Sick Boy

There are no examples. Some sound constructive comments regarding tactics, away form, proof the honeymoon period is no better than boothroyd is presented and the usual emotional bilge comes back.

I can't work out why there is such an emotional attachment to him from some people.

Nick

Administrator
Everyone was saying how good the squad was were they Nick? WERE THEY??

You see, this is the problem with the anti-Thorn people. They make up shit so they can have a go at him.

Non-league teams take the lead in the Cup against big clubs - it doesn't mean their squad is as good.

Seriously, I thought one thing City fans could agree on was that SISU had decimated the squad over the summer and recently with Juke.

I am pretty sure they were praising the players. I am not saying they were saying "Yes, our squad is jam packed with super stars and they are amazing" but I am pretty sure players were getting praise.

I am not making any shit up.

How many points has Thorn lost us with his bad tactics and decision making compared to the ones he has gained?

Was Blackpool, Palace and Ipswich really down to squad strength? I understand Blackpool brought on some decent players to which Thorn didn't react until it was 1-1 to even try and keep them out.

Ipswich didn't even have to make a sub against us so they didn't bring any super stars on.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am pretty sure they were praising the players. I am not saying they were saying "Yes, our squad is jam packed with super stars and they are amazing" but I am pretty sure players were getting praise.

I am not making any shit up.

How many points has Thorn lost us with his bad tactics and decision making compared to the ones he has gained?

Was Blackpool, Palace and Ipswich really down to squad strength? I understand Blackpool brought on some decent players to which Thorn didn't react until it was 1-1 to even try and keep them out.

Ipswich didn't even have to make a sub against us so they didn't bring any super stars on.

Chopra probably had £50k on himself to score the winner, we had no chance.

thorn is quoted himself as saying he awarded contracts to mcpake and bell because they were quality, if he thought 2 injury prone and unproven footballers at this level are quality then we should have heard the alarm bells ringing in august, 2 wages wasted already, he is given some precious money to go out and buy some goals/experience and he signs mcdonald, who after playing non league has a season in league 2 and thorn wastes his money on him, thats 3 wages, 1 transfer fee, not to mention strange tactical decisions during the season, it cant be easy under sisu but for people who claim thorn is blameless just think them 3 wasted wages could have brought 3 other players in and the wasted transfer money would add to a 4th wage

stupot07

hang on Rich87...

Are you suggesting Juke was our golden boy?

For me he was poor at best. As a striker his goals ratio was poor from open play. When we sold him I thought that was good business.
He was a player that was never going to be the difference between us being good or bad. I think most people on here would probably rate him 50/50. Certainly in my opinion no great loss. I would have Nimely over him any day.

Are you for real? He scored 9 in 26 games for us this season, which equates to 16 over an entire season.
The last person to score that many was misfud in 2007/08 and sheffers at his peak in 2005/06.

Oh and only 1 of his last 15 goals for us was a penalty.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Are you for real? He scored 9 in 26 games for us this season, which equates to 16 over an entire season.
The last person to score that many was misfud in 2007/08 and sheffers at his peak in 2005/06.

Oh and only 1 of his last 15 goals for us was a penalty.

People were saying we had a dreadful squad? Now Juke is a top Championship player??

stupot07

People were saying we had a dreadful squad? Now Juke is a top Championship player??

Never said he was a top championship player. Paxman said he was poor at best and his strike rate was shite. Anyway does having 1 half decent player mean that you have a good squad? Plus we don't have him anymore.

BackRoomRummermill

I cannot defend a man that has out stayed his welcome , yes a bit of a lucky run when he took over and has been totally found out by all the opposition Managers and many CCFC supporters.

Well he mIght as well hang around and complete a grandious fuck up and send us down, humiliate us and have a decent bank balance. he must be pissing himself laughing when he checks his account every week.

We on the other hand are left with the remains. i WOULD TAKE ANYONE TO MANAGE THE TEAM .... IT CANT GET ANY WORSE

I shall put it another way, if he gets sacked tommorrow it will say on the media ( Talk sport for insatnce) ' Andy Thorn has been sacked from the Post of Coventry, after the worst season for half a century'

SISU or NO SISU he is still the Manager, when the whistle blows he is in charge, when we are ahead it is his job to organise and hold the lead. It is his job all round. If you are seriously supporting a man that is uncapable of managing our beloved club then you seriously need to take a reality pill.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread