Parking options for CBS? (1 Viewer)

Somerset Sky Blue

Hi all,
Just wondering what parking options are available this year for people who drive up from outside the area?
I've used a car park in a field nearer the motorway junction and the official car parks before - simply because I arrive and leave via motorway rather than through Coventry.
Any ideas (within reason Otis!) are welcome.

Grendel

Hi all,
Just wondering what parking options are available this year for people who drive up from outside the area?
I've used a car park in a field nearer the motorway junction and the official car parks before - simply because I arrive and leave via motorway rather than through Coventry.

The field near the motorway junction sold out to wasps a few years ago

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

After similar advice actually. Used to park in the car garage on Rowley Green Lane and used to be a fiver but today it was full over an hour before kick off so ended up paying 15 (fifteen!!!) quid to park in the stadium for it then to take an age to get away. Heading out A444 towards the A46, anyone with experience or from the area with any tips much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somerset Sky Blue

I park in the three horseshoes pub by the fire station it was a fiver when last in there.
I find that easy to get in and out of and I live 100+ miles away.
Just looked - now called new horseshoe and an Indian restaurant, no mention of match day parking.
Think we will all be looking for new places in the next few weeks.

SAJ

Hi all,
Go on JustPark, YourParkingSpace or park my drive, book you first parking via their website if it’s ok approach the owner direct and arrange to book for all the matches you want. I’ve parked in Hen Lane for years, did the same at Birmingham. If you offer 80% of what it’s on the website for they will agree ad they have to pay 25% commission. Win win for both you and them.

SAJ

Go on JustPark, YourParkingSpace or park my drive, book you first parking via their website if it’s ok approach the owner direct and arrange to book for all the matches you want. I’ve parked in Hen Lane for years, did the same at Birmingham. If you offer 80% of what it’s on the website for they will agree ad they have to pay 25% commission. Win win for both you and them.
Just had a look there is one in Masser Rd about a 7 minute walk from the ground at 4.50

Somerset Sky Blue

Good suggestion - just looked, plenty of options available, so will try this.

Tile Hill Phil

Hi all,
I used to park at Cov Welsh Rugby club in Burbages Lane. 10 minute walk to the ground from there,used to charge a fiver and reasonable price beer 👍

skybluejelly

just splatter mud over one letter of your number plate so the anpr cant read it ,and park in tesco , just remember to clean it off after you have left

fernandopartridge

Other option is to try the Blackburn Rd industrial estate as that is outside of the parking restrictions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rob9872

After similar advice actually. Used to park in the car garage on Rowley Green Lane and used to be a fiver but today it was full over an hour before kick off so ended up paying 15 (fifteen!!!) quid to park in the stadium for it then to take an age to get away. Heading out A444 towards the A46, anyone with experience or from the area with any tips much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We usually do exactly the same and so took a chance and abandoned it for free down by dhillons. Suggests fines and clamping in operation but don't know if they do or not. Was ok or lucky I guess, but will hopefully be back to normal for other games. I assume the Rowley auto must have filled with Wolves cars as not that many there and certainly not that early.

Clarrie Bourton 87

Great recommendation, thanks, got a spot 10minutes walk for a fiver.

Greggs

Other option is to try the Blackburn Rd industrial estate as that is outside of the parking restrictions

This i think, get there nice and early. Is there a quick way of getting through to the canal like there used to be years back.

fernandopartridge

This i think, get there nice and early. Is there a quick way of getting through to the canal like there used to be years back.
Yea there is a sort of path through the green, not ideal in winter but sound this time of year

fernandopartridge

Yea there is a sort of path through the green, not ideal in winter but sound this time of year

fernandopartridge

Poor Iggy

Reviewing his own car park
39e4eddf0a112bd34f2b72a6f8358133.jpg

slowpoke

Park in Tesco, think if you spend something like £25 minimum you are okay, do a bit of shopping or better still buy a pair of shoes or something for £30 or so from Tesco, Next or M&S and take them back later saying they are too big or something and get a refund.

Grendel

Park in Tesco, think if you spend something like £25 minimum you are okay, do a bit of shopping or better still buy a pair of shoes or something for £30 or so from Tesco, Next or M&S and take them back later saying they are too big or something and get a refund.

You have to scan receipts every time and send them to the company if you are zapped. Is it really worth the hassle?

Greggs

I can picture it. Just spunked £42 on some plastic shoes from tesco, city lose 3-0, they are getting fucked in the canal and i'm walking home bare foot.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

SlowerThanPlatt

And after attempting to do this 23 times over a year on the same days they’re not going to suspect something might be up?

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

AOM

And after attempting to do this 23 times over a year on the same days they’re not going to suspect something might be up?

Would get to the point where the staff in Tesco would be doing wagers for when the strange guy who buys the same loafers every other Saturday and then returns them the next day will come in

ceetee

I had a problem with an ANPR car park after I checked in at a restaurant and obviously their system did not recognise this.
I finally resolved it but they weren't interested in my appeal clearly showing I had spent money.
In the end they more or less said "send us £20 and we'll forget about it"
I contacted the restaurant and they told the parking company to back off.
I had the impression that the parking company's business was more based on "fines" than legitimate payments

Users who are viewing this thread