Paris (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Fucking hell. How's he walking the streets?

Again though, they are always known when it comes to terrorism. Should just put them down before they get chance to do this

shmmeee

Fucking hell. How's he walking the streets?

Again though, they are always known when it comes to terrorism. Should just put them down before they get chance to do this
emoji17.png

“known”

hasnt the watchlist got some stupid amount of people on it?

shmmeee

Latest figure is 43k, but that includes people they decided aren’t immediate threats. Estimates is about 14% RW, 5% Other, 81% Islamic.

skybluetony176

Who the fuck constitutes the other?
Animal right and climate activists perhaps?
It will be people like that. Ricky Tomlinson was once on a watch list for being a union representative and organising strikes, even went to jail on what he always believed were jumped up charges relating to his “activists” activities. Based on that and in the current climate I wouldn’t be surprised if union activists are on the list.

skybluetony176

I like the way the perpetrator describes himself as racist - even most of the racists I've encountered don't like being defined as such.
It harks back to the good old days when racists would wear the term as a badge of honour. They’ve gone all snowflake these days and you’re not allowed to call them racists anymore in case you hurt their feelings.

skybluetony176

Wasn’t Bob Marley once on a British government watchlist because he dared sing about the activities of British imperialism while also singing about forgiveness and bringing people together? Or was that just an urban myth?

I guess the real point I’m making is that inevitably these watch lists although clearly useful and necessary do have a habit of being abused by governments and the scope can go too far making them stretched thin and inefficient. Not sure if this has happened in France but personally I struggle to see how this guy wasn’t either in prison or under some sort intervention that should have stopped him mixing with people who could have provided him with a gun.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like its shits and giggles over there.

Imagine taking the wife for a romantic Christmas break

OffenhamSkyBlue

I understand from people in the know (via my work) that irrespective of the proportion on the watchlist, the number of foiled "immediate threat" plots in the past few years has been about 50:50 right wing to Islamic fundamentalists.
"other" will definitely include animal rights and random anarchists.

rob9872

The groups are easier to monitor or infiltrate. It's the lone wolves that are a greater threat.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I understand from people in the know (via my work) that irrespective of the proportion on the watchlist, the number of foiled "immediate threat" plots in the past few years has been about 50:50 right wing to Islamic fundamentalists.
"other" will definitely include animal rights and random anarchists.
Islamic fundamentalists are effectively right wing.

Users who are viewing this thread