Parcel Bombs sent to Neil Lennon and high Profile Celtic Fans (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueUkeman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13129139

Parcel bombs sent to Neil Lennon, Paul McBride and MSP
Parcel bombs have been sent to Celtic manager Neil Lennon and two high-profile fans of the Glasgow club.

Sources said the liquid-based devices had been "viable" and appeared to have been intended to "kill or maim".

Mr Lennon's lawyer, Paul McBride QC, and former deputy presiding officer of the Scottish Parliament, Trish Godman, were also targeted.

The devices were found at various locations in the west of Scotland in the past month.

The devices are said to be rudimentary and do not appear to have been made by someone with paramilitary training in bomb-making, sources close to the investigation indicated.

Read the media and It seems to be an "Old Firm", Rangers and Celtic football related problem, but no real football fan, either side of the divide could condone any of this sick and twisted behavior.

May they find the perpetrators and deal the maximum penalty before they do something else which could be fatal...

As a Celtic Fan as well as a Coventry City fan, I say a Human life is worth so much more than a piece of silverware. Pull out of the league this season. Its just not worth it. Not only Lennon could be Killed, but any number of people including his children. For football to reach this level of danger and Idiocy is a seriously sad time.

Things need to change.

Fast.

Coventry La La La

Only in Scotland.......... :facepalm:

The Scottish league's a complete joke anyway and how it's got to this level of stupidity and violence is beyond me.

Last edited:

SkyBlueUkeman

I've reached the end of my tether to be honest. Its gone way past the point of madness and now BOMBS are involved. :facepalm:

fellatio_Martinez

Typical thick headed loyalists. I've lost count of how many bullets, threats and bombs Celtic players and associates have been sent now.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured, for what? a bloody game :confused:

rob9872

When will these extremist Celtic and rangers 'fans' realise that they are SCOTTISH FOOTBALL TEAMS?

Religion
Women
Money

Ban em all and the world would be a happier place - the sex might hurt a bit for a while though :D

LastGarrison

Typical thick headed loyalists. I've lost count of how many bullets, threats and bombs Celtic players and associates have been sent now.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured, for what? a bloody game :confused:

Surely that should read typical thick headed terrorists?

As both sides are as bad as each other.

Sky_Blue_Daz

More important things in life then football,

Stoppercurtis

This hasn't got much if anything to do with football. Football is just the excuse. I was very involved in Ulster for many years it's deeply historic and goes all the way to Cromwell and King Billy . It's now a badge of honour a tribal thing. If you think its all over in Ulster think again. It is better but it hasn't gone away! In Glasgow it's always been there it just never boiled over into civil war.

What do you do about it? Its the children of today whose attitdudes and behavior have to change if we are going to move on. Women made thea big difference in Ulster maybe they can do the same in Scotland.

Stopper

WeegieSkyBlue

Neil Lennons wife and kid come into my work regularly, and she is not a typical footballers wife. Maybe by looks she is, but she is a a really nice humble person and really doesnt deserve to be living in fear just because her man is a manager of a football team. I hope they find these people and deal with them appropriately, there is no space for bigotry of any kind in football.

TheRoyalScam

Covstu

its so wrong, this isnt football, its mindless violence. Most of my family are Govan born and bred, literally yards away from Ibrox and i hate some of the shit they spout about catholics etc. Concentrate on the football, be proud of your team but dont use religion as a tool to batter them with.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think he has been treated very Harshly by the SFA, Mc Coist instigated the Tussle and got fined Lennon got a touchline ban.
Dont forget Bougherra snatched the card from the Refs hand got a fine should have been banned

Sky_Blue_Daz

Fancy Celtic for a point today, that will put them level and they have a game in hand

Users who are viewing this thread