Palmer's back heel flick (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not a dig at Simms but if Wright was running onto it you’d fancy a goal. And worldwide social media attention.

And for the Wright goal, when the corner came in he didn't just stand still, by pulling away gave him the space to score the goal 💪

Grendel

Absolutely world class. He’s going to be some player this season. Robins & Viveash have reignited his career.

World class

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Gibbo

That back flick is his party piece. He set up Hamer's goal v Stoke away last season with exactly the same flick

Johhny Blue

He's got some bits of real quality definitely but he needs to get the bread and butter stuff right.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Really talented players often feel a need (instinct) to challange themselves. Let’s hope he finds the right balance and when he does fuck one up remember how good it felt to watch this.

Jamesimus

He's got some bits of real quality definitely but he needs to get the bread and butter stuff right.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I think that's a fair assessment. He does look like he is trying though, which I think the fans appreciate. Maybe because he looks knackered after 45 minutes, but still!

Hobo

Someone behind me was saying "The trouble with Palmer, is he tries to be too flash. He needs to keep it simple."

The next time Palmer touched the ball he did that back heel. It did make me chuckle 😊

Brighton Sky Blue

Someone behind me was saying "The trouble with Palmer, is he tries to be too flash. He needs to keep it simple."

The next time Palmer touched the ball he did that back heel. It did make me chuckle 😊
I mean we have fans who awkwardly think Sakamoto is Chinese or South Korean

tom88

I don't agree that Palmer is sloppy. He tries to make the defence splitting passes and they are harder. So out of every 10 maybe he nails 6-7. That doesn't mean 3-4 were sloppy they were just hard passes to make but worth the try.

Agree 100%.

Rather he does what he does than have a 100% successful pass rate for passing backwards or sideways

covcity4life

Agree 100%.

Rather he does what he does than have a 100% successful pass rate for passing backwards or sideways
Alot of English football fans don't like flair though. See it as a fancy foreigners thing.

442 mike basset and all that. Would rather cheer a hard tackle than a rainbow flick etc

Not all fans obviously but alot of the older generation imo

Brighton Sky Blue

Alot of English football fans don't like flair though. See it as a fancy foreigners thing.

442 mike basset and all that. Would rather cheer a hard tackle than a rainbow flick etc

Not all fans obviously but alot of the older generation imo
Come to think of it can’t remember when I last saw a team playing 4-4-2 at this level

harvey098

His Wikipedia says Tokyo tbf and I know that doesn’t mean it’s true but you can understand how people have got to that.

As a side point, he’s 27 in a couple of months and it looks like he only started playing regular pro football in 2019.

FA2AD5FD-D084-4F44-A9A5-E4F9C4C54387.png

Il Pirata

His Wikipedia says Tokyo tbf and I know that doesn’t mean it’s true but you can understand how people have got to that.

As a side point, he’s 27 in a couple of months and it looks like he only started playing regular pro football in 2019.

View attachment 31444
Quite a few Japanese players go through university first and then turn pro. Others straight from high school. Because of this university football set up is strong compared to most other countries.

Users who are viewing this thread