Palmer Suspension (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

That is absolutely ridiculous if correct.
I agree and feel aggrieved. If there’s a way to appeal the decision by presenting the facts and how ridiculous the rules have been set up, I’d like for us to explore that:

Grendel

I agree and feel aggrieved. If there’s a way to appeal the decision by presenting the facts and how ridiculous the rules have been set up, I’d like for us to explore that:

Lol yeah that’s going to happen

Otis

Lol yeah that’s going to happen

Kids In The Hall Pig GIF by CBC

stupot07

yeah, but reading the FA rules page, I'm confused.

"As for cup competitions, if a player is shown two yellow cards throughout an individual FA Cup or Carabao Cup campaign, they will serve a suspension during the next match in the competition. The slate is wiped clean in both after the quarter-final stage, meaning the only way to be suspended for the final is through a red card."

So even though he got carded yesterday, does this mean the yellow is nulled as cards are wiped after the Quarterfinal ? Likely, this is me being thick.

I think if he was only on 1 yellow it would have been wiped off. The commentators were mentioned one of the Wolves players were going to miss the semi after he got a red card yesterday, as it was his second in the competition. It means that anyone on 1 booked and at risk of picking up a second booking in semi and therefore miss the final, would now go into the semi with a clean slate.

Palmers second was yesterday meaning he'll miss the semi but can play in the final if we were to get there. Kitching, Sheaf and Dasilva get their yellows wiped.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

I wish

Seems a sub who comes on later in the game qualifies, but not one who has come off 😡

stay_up_skyblues V the machine update.

I had a go at challenging Bet365’s decision not to pay out. They’ve come back and said that they voided because Palmer was booked after the final whistle. He wasn’t, he was booked during the celebrations for the goal, not the win. I’ve put that to them and will see what comes back. No doubt this is all in vain but worth a squirt.

Brighton Sky Blue

stay_up_skyblues V the machine update.

I had a go at challenging Bet365’s decision not to pay out. They’ve come back and said that they voided because Palmer was booked after the final whistle. He wasn’t, he was booked during the celebrations for the goal, not the win. I’ve put that to them and will see what comes back. No doubt this is all in vain but worth a squirt.
Say you’re a Stoke fan

Flying Fokker

I think if he was only on 1 yellow it would have been wiped off. The commentators were mentioned one of the Wolves players were going to miss the semi after he got a red card yesterday, as it was his second in the competition. It means that anyone on 1 booked and at risk of picking up a second booking in semi and therefore miss the final, would now go into the semi with a clean slate.

Palmers second was yesterday meaning he'll miss the semi but can play in the final if we were to get there. Kitching, Sheaf and Dasilva get their yellows wiped.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Tactical error from Palmer? Also the Man U chap?

SBT

It all seems rather arbitrary and you can’t help but feel for him.

The fact that his first yellow card was for revealing a message demanding more action on racism in football, a few days after being racially abused makes it even more galling.

TomRad85

The fact that his first yellow card was for revealing a message demanding more action on racism in football, a few days after being racially abused makes it even more galling.
Revealing a t-shirt and celebrating a 100th minute winner = miss a semi final.
Boot someone in the head = nothing to see here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Liquicon

He didn't get his first yellow for that. He got it in the Hillsborough match.

alexccfc99

Am I right in saying if Palmer had been booked when he was on the pitch in addition to this he’d have served his suspension in the League and be able to play the semi?

skybluericoh

I'm sure Clive Ekin was on the radio early alking to Vic Minnet and said they have had confirmation that he will be able to play It's up to the Qrt Final then star over. So hope i heard correct

Just double check sorry got it the wrong way round FA have confirmed he will be banned for the Semi Final :(

Last edited:

Essexrobbie

Yeah the game was done. Obviously the ref didn’t know about the missed sending off but you’d have thought leniency would be the sensible option rather than blindly following the rules. No Wolves fan would have been complaining about no yellow card there.
Thats cos most of them had already left. 😁

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s just a bit ridiculous that two bookings in 5 games equals suspension. Imagine if we’d gotten a replay in the 3rd round as well and the threshold is still the same.

Frostie

Yeah the game was done. Obviously the ref didn’t know about the missed sending off but you’d have thought leniency would be the sensible option rather than blindly following the rules. No Wolves fan would have been complaining about no yellow card there.
He was fairly lenient, half the bench ran on to the pitch without punishment.

Palmer running the full width of it to knee slide in front of the fans could never be anything other than a booking & he knew it himself hence the social media posts afterwards.

TomRad85

I think its a blow, whatever you think of his end product his technical ability with ball at feet is above the majority of our other players and you'll need players able to get out of tight areas vs a team at Utds level.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

zuni

drop kicking someone in the face....No worries
Run on the pitch in the heat of excitement when it happens all over...yellow card
worlds gone fucking mad

richnrg

I'm sure Clive Ekin was on the radio early alking to Vic Minnet and said they have had confirmation that he will be able to play It's up to the Qrt Final then star over. So hope i heard correct

Just double check sorry got it the wrong way round FA have confirmed he will be banned for the Semi Final :(
I hope that the club didn't choose you to break the news to him:)

"Brilliant news Kasey - we've had it confirmed by the FA that you won't miss the semi final....

.... oh, no sorry, I got that the wrong way round - you WILL be banned for the game at Wembley, sorry"

skybluericoh

I hope that the club didn't choose you to break the news to him:)

"Brilliant news Kasey - we've had it confirmed by the FA that you won't miss the semi final....

.... oh, no sorry, I got that the wrong way round - you WILL be banned for the game at Wembley, sorry"
Thats me on a zoom call at work but trying to listen to the radio at the same time :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread