Palace Predictions (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Can't see us getting anything tonight, Palace beat Burnley at home 2.0 last time out and think it will be the same scoreline tonight.

2.0 Palace, 2 second half goal after an hours of City having the lion share of posession and playing some attractive but ineffective passive football.

Im in a win win situation as long as its not a draw. I wanted to see if I could make some decent money off some ''sensible'' football betting starting wiith £1.

Had £1 on Utd to beat West Brom 2.1, returned £7.50, put the £7.50 on Man City to have 4 or more corners last night in 1st half, returned 20.50, put the 20.50 on Palace to win tonight, will return 40 quid. Ill be happy with 3 points ideally, if not then 40 quid will coushin the blow.

The Reverend Skyblue

We normally do quite well at selhurst park,and reading on other sites, Palace fans think it's a home banker,well i have bad news as i can see us winning 2-1.
Can't guess the scorers tonight it doe'nt matter who, but it's a big pitch so we'll have plenty of room to make them chase shadows,and when we win our season will change for the better and we'll get 3 more points on saturday to go just outside the play-off places.
Many may think i'm deluded and need a mental evaluation, but Palace will struggle badly this year and if we don't play Bell ,we will play well and get our first 3 pointer.Anyway i can't wait to stuff our win down the throats of those bloody Palace fans.

The Rev

We normally do quite well at selhurst park,and reading on other sites, Palace fans think it's a home banker,well i have bad news as i can see us winning 2-1.
Can't guess the scorers tonight it doe'nt matter who, but it's a big pitch so we'll have plenty of room to make them chase shadows,and when we win our season will change for the better and we'll get 3 more points on saturday to go just outside the play-off places.
Many may think i'm deluded and need a mental evaluation, but Palace will struggle badly this year and if we don't play Bell ,we will play well and get our first 3 pointer.Anyway i can't wait to stuff our win down the throats of those bloody Palace fans.

The Rev

Ha ha ha lets hope your right. Doubt it though.

ericagradus

I think whether Clingan and Ambrose start for each side, will be key to this fixture.

If we have Clingan and they don't have Ambrose, 1 - 0 Cov.
If Clingan is out, we will lose 1 - 0, or even 2 - 0 if Ambrose plays.

Having said that, midweek fixtures are always full of upsets...

so who knows.

procdoc

I think either 0-0 or 1-0 to us. I really am losing sleep with worry about who is going to score our goals this season. Juke has simply got to step up to the plate this year!

cornoccfc

Also is there any reason for it being 8pm KO and not 7.45pm like the other matches?

Palace 1 - 3 Cov

Juke '28
ROD '64
Juke '87

We'll let them equalise in the last minute of first half stoppage time.
Concise prediction!

SkyBlueMania

Can't see us getting anything tonight, Palace beat Burnley at home 2.0 last time out and think it will be the same scoreline tonight.

2.0 Palace, 2 second half goal after an hours of City having the lion share of posession and playing some attractive but ineffective passive football.

Im in a win win situation as long as its not a draw. I wanted to see if I could make some decent money off some ''sensible'' football betting starting wiith £1.

Had £1 on Utd to beat West Brom 2.1, returned £7.50, put the £7.50 on Man City to have 4 or more corners last night in 1st half, returned 20.50, put the 20.50 on Palace to win tonight, will return 40 quid. Ill be happy with 3 points ideally, if not then 40 quid will coushin the blow.

I reckon we should all start backing the opposing teams from now on. Due to the divine laws of gambling, we'll win every game!

jim20

4-0 to Palace

Thorn to get sacked in the morning, Carsley to be put in temporary charge.

I want Thorn to succeed but can see Sisu not giving him any time, or money

ericagradus

To all the VERY negative predictions. Did you go to the Leicester, Bury or Brum game. Because I did and I have to be honest, I can't see us leaking as many as 4 at the back?

Yes, we have a problem creating chances, but we have a large share of possession in the games and don't look any more vulnerable this season then last season at the back.

Please explain your 4 - 0 loss predictions!?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The game tonight could go either way, one piece of brilliance or one mistake could swing it for either side going to be tight but I predict a 0-1 Cov. I think Mcsheffery will come off the bench to score.
Predicted team
-------------------Murphy
Christie----Keogh-------Cranie----Hussey
------------------Clingan
-----Bigi----------------------Thomas
------------------Bell
--------ROD------------Juke

jim20

because the team have lost 4 in a row, so they will either go all out on the attack and then be vulnerable at the back, or they will let one in and their heads will go down and fall apart.

SkyBlue_Bear83

because the team have lost 4 in a row, so they will either go all out on the attack and then be vulnerable at the back, or they will let one in and their heads will go down and fall apart.
Lost 4 in a row? Not unless your counting pre season which is effectively worthless.

jim20

apologies, I wasn't counting preseason I meant to put 3, just been a busy day at work.

I think Sisu need to put their hand in their pockets quick, if Thorn was given a bit of money with the way we play we could be up in the top 10, all it would take is a couple of quality signings

Otis

The Rev

We normally do quite well at Selhurst Park?

Last games away for City at Selhurst Park

Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Coventry City
Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Coventry City
Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Coventry City
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Coventry City
Crystal Palace 3 - 0 Coventry City
Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Coventry City

That's 11 games, 2 victories, 4 defeats and 6 draws. Just 2 wins in 11.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's 11 games, 2 victories, 3 defeats and 6 draws. Only been beaten 3 times of course, but just 2 wins in 11.
A draw is a decent point away to Palace imo.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's 11 games, 2 victories, 4 defeats and 6 draws. Just 2 wins in 11.
That is 2 wins 5 defeats 4 draws I count

ericagradus

apologies, I wasn't counting preseason I meant to put 3, just been a busy day at work.

I think Sisu need to put their hand in their pockets quick, if Thorn was given a bit of money with the way we play we could be up in the top 10, all it would take is a couple of quality signings

So you think we will lose 4 - 0 tonight, but with two qulity signings we will be top 10?

It is times like this when we need to back our team. I am getting so peeved with negative comments in the stands too. At Birmingham there was one guy behind me relentlessly shouting abuse. Let's rally the troops. PUSB.

We will not lose 4 - 0 tonight. Not based on the last 3 competative performances.

Users who are viewing this thread