Pace out wide (1 Viewer)

Deity

@betterdays Do you think Robins is planning to increase our pace in the full back positions ?? So important to the way we play.

Deity

Any hints about changing formation next season away from wingbacks to more of a 433/4231?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
On a similar theme. … How do we think Robins is thinking of improving our defence … change in players or system tweak ?

CDK

On a similar theme. … How do we think Robins is thinking of improving our defence … change in players or system tweak ?
Player additions I think with JCS as 1st target and could see rose moving on.

Sky Blue Harry H

That Corbeanu from MK Dons looked a raw talent last night against Wycombe. Signed him from Wolves - only about 19, and although his final ball was a bit hit and miss, there was a lot to like about his willingness to attack the full back. Went either side, too, and looked interesting to me.

Mucca Mad Boys

That Corbeanu from MK Dons looked a raw talent last night against Wycombe. Signed him from Wolves - only about 19, and although his final ball was a bit hit and miss, there was a lot to like about his willingness to attack the full back. Went either side, too, and looked interesting to me.

Does that sound like the kind of player that’ll improve us right now?

fernandopartridge

Would love it if Badlan comes back and suggests there's this new lad from Zwolle he thinks we should sign, because he'll be far too good for this league

Given the game that Robins has purportedly gone to watch, an ex Zwolle player now at another Dutch club would seem to fit the bill. Having said that, it sounds like Forest were in for him at one point so whether we could afford him who knows.

Sky Blue Harry H

Does that sound like the kind of player that’ll improve us right now?

If we're moving fringe players out, we're going to need to replace them with better quality fringe players, who may have more impact. He is one suggestion, and his age suggests he should improve. To be fair, he looks more of a winger than a wing back, but he is a player with pace who can beat a man. MK had a few youngsters worth a look.

junglej13

Given the game that Robins has purportedly gone to watch, an ex Zwolle player now at another Dutch club would seem to fit the bill. Having said that, it sounds like Forest were in for him at one point so whether we could afford him who knows.
Presume you are referring to Zian Flemming

Colin Steins Smile

It's a good guess but I'd be surprised.

According to reports Fortuna were looking for around £2m for him in Jan.

6 months off his contract isn't really likely to make them budge on that figure, if it's even accurate of course.
He's had another good season and was their top goal scorer. I heard Millwall were in for him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He's had another good season and was their top goal scorer. I heard Millwall were in for him.

I'd imagine their interest was probably conditional on Jed Wallace departing as the fee they would've received would've been pretty much similar to Fortuna's asking price.

With Wallace now all but confirmed to depart I guess they might reignite their interest this summer but that entirely depends on whether they can afford the fee.

mark82

Which game did he go to?

BigSnoz87

Could have been looking at Zian Flemming, goal scoring attacking midfielder who previously played at Pec Zwolle

Users who are viewing this thread