Match Thread Oxford United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

higgs

£30 bet for. 2-1 win! 300 squiddlies coming in my direction! Shame it is only SBT money - hay ho
Get in the sky blues
15eaf54250fe43129b4bb56ce839a54e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Very good second half from all the team. If we can start playing like that consistently we'll do ok. First half was awful though.

I thought it was a very capable performance away from home today. Clearly first half was about containment and hit them on the break. We did that and had the best chance of the half. MR also got them in at HT and we came out on fire. MR outthought the opposition today but will get little credit for it.

I hate to be negative, but not sorting out GK position out could be the difference between success and failure this season.

This place will be a lot quieter tonight

steveo1987

We battled well against a side that moved the ball quickly.Brown had a decent game after a ropey first 10.Pleased with the performance all round and Chaplin looks to have a really nice touch.Easy getting out as well and I nice pleasant cider at the bowling alley pre match.Workmanlike that made up for the injustice of Gillingham

skybluepm2

Chaplin was obviously stand out player. J Brown was decent. Burge excellent. Shipley effective through pure industry and hard work.

Agree with Chaplin, Brown and Shipley, real positives today. But Burge excellent? More erratic imo. In no-man’s land for 2 corners. Got away with it once, cost us a goal on the second occasion. Granted he made a vital save at 0-0, but shocking positioning for the aforementioned incidents.

Paul Anthony

Agree with Chaplin, Brown and Shipley, real positives today. But Burge excellent? More erratic imo. In no-man’s land for 2 corners. Got away with it once, cost us a goal on the second occasion. Granted he made a vital save at 0-0, but shocking positioning for the aforementioned incidents.

That's Burge in a nutshell. Capable of some decent saves, followed by purely erratic moments. It's not like it was the first time in the game he went walkabouts either, so the warning signs were there. He is capable of doing the basics reasonably well, it's just those moments that make everyone nervous.

SIR ERNIE

just got back, good day out with my son. well deserved win, we were far superior second half. Chaplin impressed, hopefully will only get better. His movement could be just what we need. Thought the defence snuffed their forwards out and they never really looked like scoring,,,until they scored.

Good win.

skybluepm2

Really? When was this happening because I didn't see it. We dished out a fair amount today, and won that battle.

There were so many niggly fouls, disrupted the game a hell of a lot. I’m not saying we were whiter than white but for that tosser to say ‘they were kicked from pillar to post’ is laughable.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Great result didn’t see the game, question on people’s thoughts if we get a new improved keeper January how much difference people think it would make to the team?

SlowerThanPlatt

From home? When deserved yes. No more than any other player though. Appears abusing Shipley is a far worse crime then a whole fanbase booing a player on and writing off a player after 4 games though.

Nope, think you’ll see a lot of people on here calling those who have booed Bakayoko idiots and that it’ll do no good for his confidence. It’s not the whole fanbase at all - I do find it a bit odd you said you abused Shipley in the stands last week but now saying it’s wrong to do it to another player

Garryb80

Nope, think you’ll see a lot of people on here calling those who have booed Bakayoko idiots and that it’ll do no good for his confidence. It’s not the whole fanbase at all - I do find it a bit odd you said you abused Shipley in the stands last week but now saying it’s wrong to do it to another player
Can you point out where I said it was wrong? Stop creating words to boost your failing argument.

Magwitch

Good and very much needed win today and we needed it. Thought Robins got the team selection and formation spot on, we looked a capable team today and I thought apart from the last 10 minutes we made Oxford look very ordinary remembering they drew at Sunderland last week, could point fingers at a few for their goal not going overboard on that it happens

SlowerThanPlatt

Can you point out where I said it was wrong? Stop creating words to boost your failing argument.

Well if you don’t think it’s wrong then you must think it’s right or at least justified?

I’m not creating words either, wrong isn’t a new word Garry it might be to someone who is semi literate though

SkyBlueCRJ

Henry Winter, Patrick Barclay, Brian Glanville - when did these fellas ever feel the need to refer to themselves by a ridiculous animal nickname? The moose is an absolute fucking cretin and talksport is tabloid radio for simpletons.
The lad I lift share with has it on when it's his turn to drive, the amount of ill researched, ill informed gibberish they have on is incredible.

Couldn't agree more and cretin couldn't be a better word to describe him. He's everything that's wrong with modern journalism and he feeds off pissing people off. Hence why he's probably landed a job on Talk Sport, as their main wind up merchant.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sky Blue Harry H

Just got back from Newcastle (picked up CWR phone in for last 25 mins of journey home). Great result (wasn't over confident beforehand) and driving back from my mum's in Leamington I found myself behind Jack Grimmer's car (number plate a giveaway), so flashed my lights and gave him a wave in celebration - he looked bemused, but smiled, as I drove past him!

Users who are viewing this thread