Oxford United (Nuneaton) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

What I've been told is that we're now playing a tippy tappy game whilst not threatening the goal, isn't that we critisised SP for? I believe in TM to get the best out of the team but its hardly looking positive

Haven't seen the team live yet this year so I'll reserve judgement until I do. Still not concerned about preseason though, if its still looking bad after 10 competitive games then that will be concerning.

Samo

Genuinely you couldn't, a sky blue talk 11 would get hammered against all those teams.

But we have SBK, he's a pro you know.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Chance for a counter attack for us. Corner for them cleared by Tudgay who finds Arsmstrong, who finds Maddison and returns it in a 1 2, Armstrong runs with it but even with his pace our players don't go up field with him. What should have been a good counter attack ended up being Armstrong against 5 of their men who had managed to track back from the corner we had just defended. Any other team would have made the most of that counter attack

LJC_CCFC

Leeds are currently beating Everton, can't believe they'll be playing Championship football next season.

hill83

Very true, I'm hoping for an injection of positivity too but I'm hoping for something to spark it !

I'm slightly concerned at the moment to be honest, but it's still 'only a friendly'. I'd expect to see more fight when the season starts.

vow

Some positivity has come out of this, I have 10 posts and can now play the arcade...

Grendel

Because he's watched every pre season match so far so I'm guessing he has half an idea

My dog could watch every game but wouldn't have half an idea.

You still would have to have some football knowledge.

Grendel

Some positivity has come out of this, I have 10 posts and can now play the arcade...

I find your Avatar amusing. It's Janet Leigh emerging from the shower to see Andy Thorn is back as manager of ccfc.

LJC_CCFC

If we had been convincingly dominated by Pompey, Luton, Cambridge and Oxford then I might be a little worried. So far we have competed against teams that aren't that far off League 1 standard sides in all reality. The friendlies just can't replicate competitive football for a multitude of reasons. Add to this the fact that the transfer window is still open for another month and at no point has TM stated we are finished signing wise. We are by no means the finished article at this stage - very much competitive in comparison to the majority of teams in the league - but that doesn't mean we are doomed to another season of being relegation fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread