Match Thread Oxford United (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

It’sabatch87

I've never been to the ground but did visit Oxford for that friendly in 2003, ended up staying on the piss in the city centre
Think I went to that game, very hot day and had a couple of pints in the bar at the stadium if I remember.
Didn’t it kick off in the city centre that day too?

steve101

Went to the friendly at the Manor Ground. I think we won 1-0 thanks to a goal from David Smith. Not sure what year it was.

Sky Blue Harry H

Thanks guys - just registered on Oxford site and paid £5 to buy a video match pass

TomRad85

Wonder if that’s a flat 3 in the middle. If so we’ve done 3421, 3412, 352, 433, 4222, and 424 this preseason. Guess robins is taking the plan B thing seriously :p
O'Hare is the key player to Robins' 'box' formation. Without him I'd think he'd have to look at alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cooperskyblue

To me this looks like Wilson is now regarded as first choice.
Absolutely no chance. Pre Season is the only time Wilson may be guaranteed some minutes, or the dead rubbers that he played in at the end of last season. Moore is clearly number 1 and rightly so. Although I think Wilson is a more than adequate back up.

SlowerThanPlatt

Why? Because he's starting in a meaningless friendly? Must mean we only see O'Hare as second choice to Allen too?

Is Brannagan capable of stepping up to the Championship do you think? Hopefully he has a decent game today to catch Robins’ eye if he hasn’t already

steve101

Why? Because he's starting in a meaningless friendly? Must mean we only see O'Hare as second choice to Allen too?
Because he ended the season as first choice and has started most of the friendlies. This to me looks like a starting lineup as season kicks off, with O'Hare most likely elsewhere

steve101

Absolutely no chance. Pre Season is the only time Wilson may be guaranteed some minutes, or the dead rubbers that he played in at the end of last season. Moore is clearly number 1 and rightly so. Although I think Wilson is a more than adequate back up.
I agree that Moore is the better keeper. Just not sure Robins does, or there is another reason Moore is playing second fiddle. There was a rumour previously by one of the ITKs that he may be leaving.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just done the same but now got no option to watch it anywhere that I can see. Will it magically appear before KO, or am I once again going to have to kick the cat at 3pm?!

Maybe it will go live approx 15 mins beforehand. Hadn't been back on since, but I'll have a look now and report back !

Edit: yes, see what you mean, you click on link and it goes to match centre, yet no usual 'watch' option. No panic yet, but if nothing there at 2.50pm will storm the barricades!

Users who are viewing this thread