OWZAT - USA Payback Time (1 Viewer)

Having taken the p___ out of the USA's favourite sport I thought it was only fair to disclose a conversation I heard recently between an English cricket fan Roger and his American friend Chuck.

Roger "well Chuck how are you getting on with our beautiful summer game, cricket - the only sport we are really, really good at"

Chuck: "er, still trying to understand that your game can last for up to five whole days and if it is a TEST match could entail a further four games - by the way what are they testing - talk about our NFL being long"

Roger: "well this is a very skilful game you see and we like to show off all the various types of batting and bowling skills - so we don't rush them"

Chuck: "affirmative that but I have been told that even if one side score more RUNS than the other this could result in the game being DRAWN even after five days - why not have a WICKET shootout to decide the winner"

Roger: "tactics play a big part in cricket and it is still honourable to finish the game as a draw and not lose face"

Chuck: "you're losing me here Roger - anyway here are a few more questions"

• is a GOOGLY a new cricket website
  • where does the NIGHTWATCHMAN sleep after STUMPS are drawn
  • does involving a CHINAMAN in the team satisfy your diversity targets
  • are the SILLY MID ON and the SILLY MID OFF part time comedians
  • is the THIRD MAN related to Orson Wells (ancient actor)
  • why are all umpires called OWZAT
  • why are you OUT on the pitch when you are IN and IN the dressing room when you are OUT
  • who is that umpire guy with the crooked finger who keeps upsetting the players
Roger: "lots of questions there - I need more time to answer so I'll SLIP in a date when you have a few days spare"

Chuck: "don't bother - I'd rather watch paint dry than this crap"

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread