Own up, who left early (1 Viewer)

GPJustice

Didn't move till the very end. Mostly because I was freezing!

Otis

Ricky, on CWR.

Said he had to get his son home to bed as it was 'school in the morning.'

Otis

At least he went this time. Usually he listens on the radio (still has an opinion on the game though and is full of reasons why didn't go)

skybluejelly

what i dont get is, is the people who arrive ten minutes late ,go down five minutes before half time ,come up five minutes after half time then leave 10 minutes before the end...and go to the toilet twice in each half.....

whats the bloody point except for making me get up and down20 bloody times ..i know i am fat but i really dont need that much exercise:D

Diehard Si

No but I nearly turned the tv off on 90mins. I'd been stuck in work in Lichfield till gone 7 so it scuppered my chances of joining my mates at the ground.

After a failed attack I picked up my laptop instead to load a game to play in a right strop. Left the game on in the background thankfully.

We had looked a bit toothless up to then, it seemed hopeless.

CovMatt1987

Ricky, on CWR.

Said he had to get his son home to bed as it was 'school in the morning.'

TBF I think he just knew he would be in trouble with the Mrs if he got the kid home late.................and we all know how scared Ricky is of Bianca.

Si80

Fella sat behind us said his goodbyes to the 8 or so people he sits next too on 90 minutes when the 4th officials board went up.

Must have stopped off at the loo before leaving the ground... we equalise and he comes running back going "I was only going for a piss, honest".... Proper made us chuckle :D

I was stood in my little hole waiting to pay out and people were streaming out the doors. Then woah, woah yeeessssss and the whole stand was shaking, people were running back in. Then the second goal went in and people that had been taking a leak before the long trudge home came streaming out of the loos looking absolutely gutted that they had missed the magnificent come back. Gutted that I only got to see Prestons first and missed all the others due to being in the concourse working.

ajsccfc

Left Blackpool away early a few years ago. Kyle off for elbows, freezing cold out in the open on the bleachers, they go 3-0 up as we bend over. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

n1xon

I couldn't go had college. Watched 1st half on my laptop in college got to pub for second half. This is when it takes a turn for the worse! 88 min some kids smash fire alarm so all tellys turn off. TVs turn back of in 95 min and I'm sitting there thinking WTF!!!!!!!!!

Astute

I can't remember the last time I left early. It takes me hours to get to the vast majority of games, so going home 5 mins early don't normally make much difference.

Only an idiot would have left early last night. We had enough time to get a single goal to go to pens....if you can handle the stress of them :p

My friend Tom tried to leave early, saying it was an awful team and an awful game, but i told him a real sky blue stays til the end no matter what, so he decided to stay. Bet he's bloody glad i said that

CovMatt1987

You can never give up in football, it only takes a second to score a goal as we proved last night, against man utd at HR and as utd did in Barcelona. Must be a sickner to leave early and miss such a turn around in a game.

A mate of mine (a Man United fan) really tried to take the gloss off last night for me. He text me after saying ' great result for you last night, that must have been for you what the 1999 Champions League final was like for me'.

actually - it was, cheers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I always remember what Brian Clough always said: "A game isn't finished until the ref blows the final whistle!" - No way would I ever leave a game early!

Noggin

Left Blackpool away early a few years ago. Kyle off for elbows, freezing cold out in the open on the bleachers, they go 3-0 up as we bend over. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

I can't understand at all why someone would leave when a goal down, especially if a goal takes you to penaltys. Leaving at 3-0 down and in the freezing cold is very different and completely understandable. I've done it myself.

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought we were out last night, I was looking every min at the scoreboard, hoping, and believing, a 90, I thought 'ffs', but still stayed, never considered leaving, then we scored the 2 goals, epic.

mattylad

Lad I worked with missed the first in the pisser and only caught the second on a tv monitor heading back up to his seat for penalties - oops!!

torchomatic

I never understand all those that hang around by the bars for the whole of the game. What's the point?

ExmouthNeil

I was watchin it in my local down in Exmouth and was the only person there really watchin it till half time then some little old northern chap came in and sat in front of me and was quite happy when we scored a couple of goals for them....

Well, when we put the game to bed it was all I could do not to slap his little bald head and dance around him Gangnam Style... :D:D:D

Needless to say he was out the door as the final whistle went...... :wave::wave::wave:

I stayed and got pissed, good night!!!

PUSB, Neil

Jack's Dad

I always remember what Brian Clough always said: "A game isn't finished until the ref blows the final whistle!" - No way would I ever leave a game early!

He also said "it only takes a second to score a goal" thankfully their goalie's time wasting gave us an extra 300...:p

Evans1883

I left at 88 min.couldnt see us scoring.got to car at tesco.turned on we scored 2 by the time i drove to pizza hut.i was gutted

Stevearcade

Leaving early... poor form, no matter how bad the teams playing, we have a duty as a supporter to see it through to the end. I made the point in another thread: I'm a teacher; if I'm disappointed by my student's work, do I get up and walk out of the classroom?

Yes make you feelings known, but do so another to walking out early. No sympathy for people who leave early and are then gutted they missed an epic finale ;)

sky_blue_up_north

5 down I might leave, even at 2 down you have a chance. Never leave early bet that took those fans who left a huge lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread