Overall thoughts on the season (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

Great achievement and if only Golden & Walker had been fit we would have finished quite high up in the league. I heard Walker may need surgery for his knee problem that he has had since he joined us.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Really proud of everyone involved that's helped keep us up. Can't wait for next season to be back at the Ricoh watching with my boy.

One thing about this season that has surprised me is that it is still the team that makes the least mistakes that wins. That might sound obvious, but my assumption was that the higher up the leagues you go, games would be decided by increased quality rather than fewest errors.

clint van damme

Great achievement and if only Golden & Walker had been fit we would have finished quite high up in the league. I heard Walker may need surgery for his knee problem that he has had since he joined us.

Walker has had no luck with his fitness and that needs to be taken into account when assessing his season.
I'm expecting 10 - 15 goals from him next season

wingy

Aye the 'Wonder' of roast chicken flavour or S&V. 😋😉

fernandopartridge

I expected us to stay up and be safe prior to the last game of the season. With the injuries we’ve had I think we’d have finished a bit closer to mid table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

We survived, reasonably comfortably, regardless of horrific injury problems and having to play every game away from home.

AND we have successfully negotiated a return to the Ricoh under a more favourable long term contract.

We have learnt a lot about what the championship is all about, and MR can now build on what we have learnt.

Overall, I'd say that was a good season.
Agree with all that
We will be an easier sell to Premier League clubs for their best young players on loan now

stupot07

I expected us to stay up and finish around 17-19th and that's where we will likely finish. The seasons mission was to stay up, next season we need to build on that, and continue to improve the squad.

The best part for me is the return to the Ricoh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

larry_david

This season was always going to be a freak season, to survive against the odds and then build next year. With the abrupt end, 3 months of not training or knowing and then starting the season behind due to fitness its been tough.

We did what we had to do and we did it with games to spare. Ultimately we've beaten the teams around us and snuck a couple of wins off unexpected teams like Reading and Brentford.

I'm under no illusions, next season will be just as tough, if not tougher but we're a year in now. Players like hyam, o hare, walker will have learnt a great deal and get better. MR will have learnt also.

There's some 'deadwood to shift, baka, Allen, jobello, kasta, hilsner, Thompson, Mason to name a few plus decisions about Shipley, Kelly, fadz, biamou.

Injury wise I'm sure walkers been injured or unfit all season. Walker, Rose, dabo, Kelly, dacosta, godden will all benefit from a break now and pressing the reset button.

Ricoh return, hopefully full houses allowed, new signings. I'm excited

Users who are viewing this thread