Outmuscled ? (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Thought we were really outmuscled today by Spurs, more so than out skilled/outplayed ( not trying to take anything away from spurs )

If I had to say we had a weak point as a team, then that would be it.
I'v seen it happen before against us, like at home when we played Preston, and I'm sure when Robins was at Barnsley and we beat them 3-0 he said something about his side being physically bullied out of the game.

Not knocking the team or our manager, it's just an observation that at times I feel we lack that nasty bite in our play.

ccfcway

cack 1st half, but if we are going to have it, I'd rather it be against Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd round

I came away hoping that it would be the kick up the backside they needed for Preston

Part of me was thinking, if we some how managed to get a draw today, most players would have their mind on the reply, as opposed to Thursday

Whilst I am not glad we are out, and certainly not happy the way we "battled" in the 1st half, we can now concentrate on Thursday. Our best chance to get to Wembley since 1987

Otis

Thought we were really outmuscled today by Spurs, more so than out skilled/outplayed ( not trying to take anything away from spurs )

If I had to say we had a weak point as a team, then that would be it.
I'v seen it happen before against us, like at home when we played Preston, and I'm sure when Robins was at Barnsley and we beat them 3-0 he said something about his side being physically bullied out of the game.

Not knocking the team or our manager, it's just an observation that at times I feel we lack that nasty bite in our play.

The defence presents exhibit no. 1 m'lud. Lee Bowyer.

wingy

I thought the same of ADAMS in the Preston and Stevenage matches but he seems to have got over it ,or nobody's deployed that tactic since.

stupot07

The defence presents exhibit no. 1 m'lud. Lee Bowyer.

I wouldn't say Bowyer is that type of player. He's just a clever footballer almost in the Hutchinson (Don) mould. I remember the last time he played against us, he spent more time in the floor getting free kicks than he did on the ball.

Otis

He does stick his foot in though.

Usually when the ball is over the other side of the pitch, mind.

Paxman II

We were terrible first half. They looked like they were star struck for half an hour as Spurs tore through us with ease, yet never really made Murphy work? We simple gifted 2 goals.
We simply could not string a pass together,we didn't close down on the Spurs players and stood off all the time. I couldn't quite believe it.

Second half we came out after a hair dryer treatment and what a difference? They competed, they passed more acurately, substitutions changed the team for the better, they played it on the floor more instead of hoof football and did not sit so deep.
So why not the first half? Frankly I think Robin's tactic was intially wrong and the players failed to follow instruction but they did second half! Given that Spurs did ease off perhaps but even so we were much better second half and rescued some pride and just about shaded the second period from where I was.

They got back confidence that could have been destroyed thankfully.

Good away day, kinda glad we can look at the league more and maybe the JPT and no one got injured!

Good fans, enjoyed the banter in the upper tier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread