out with the old in with the new. (1 Viewer)

howzer

Banned
i think this is just a lot of hype at the moment, the owners we have could quite easily bring in 5 or 6 new players by wednesday, it is just down to money. lets say Turner goes and Juke... so what? juke is a failure in my eyes, he has scored yes, but christ if it is more than 4 feet from the line he misses the goalposts. Turner is a great prospect ... for another side but not us. . . he is a 3 to 6 mill player in 1 to 2 years, but he deserves to play in a better side than us. I personally think he is a crock anyway and the new contract was a smokescreen to interest other clubs to buy him injured.

the way i see it is it doesnt matter wether its sisu or daffy duck that own us, or how much money they plough in, we have a deepseated problem at CCFC. it has been there for 10 years .. we are just not that good. we have to accept it. When we went down the whole ethos and soul of the club was destroyed, everyone left the club. we may have been in debt but my god those were better days in the 90s.

The stadium is horribly designed, its great for 25 to 30 thousand every game but when you average 17 thousand it makes for a bad atmosphere,

But i think this is the biggest issue, since we get relegated each year we have stripped the club out bit by bit and a bit more every year. We are now left with bare bones, the skeletal remains of a club dying on its feet, thats nothing to do with money, (cant accuse sisu of not buying players ... they did), its to do with the heart of the club, it has been fractured over the years by too many different investors, managers, players and staff .... all lowering the professionalism and steadyness of the club.

i think SISU have reached the same conclusion, why throw good money after bad. You look at the likes of Eastwood, supposed to be a scorer /// failure, but they paid well for him. that is just one of many. poeple go on about Dann and Fox but they had to make some money back. Then there is westwood King and Gunna.. they didnt want to play for us guys, dont blame sisu for that .. the players turned their backs on us either through greed or simply they jumped ship... and who can blame them.

SISU may not be the best owners we could have got but what is it you would do? yes they are playing kids and they have a manager who is a rookie, but so what? thats life you have to live within your means. I would love to see a takeover and still think the chinese will come back in, but it doesnt matter who takes us over, unless someone does a qpr on us we are championship / league 1 material. maybe we should simply accept that fact and forget the premier league, and just concentrate on league 1 and the championship for now.

Rocket23

i think this is just a lot of hype at the moment, the owners we have could quite easily bring in 5 or 6 new players by wednesday, it is just down to money. lets say Turner goes and Juke... so what? juke is a failure in my eyes, he has scored yes, but christ if it is more than 4 feet from the line he misses the goalposts. Turner is a great prospect ... for another side but not us. . . he is a 3 to 6 mill player in 1 to 2 years, but he deserves to play in a better side than us. I personally think he is a crock anyway and the new contract was a smokescreen to interest other clubs to buy him injured.<br />
<br />
the way i see it is it doesnt matter wether its sisu or daffy duck that own us, or how much money they plough in, we have a deepseated problem at CCFC. it has been there for 10 years .. we are just not that good. we have to accept it. When we went down the whole ethos and soul of the club was destroyed, everyone left the club. we may have been in debt but my god those were better days in the 90s. <br />
<br />
The stadium is horribly designed, its great for 25 to 30 thousand every game but when you average 17 thousand it makes for a bad atmosphere, <br />
<br />
But i think this is the biggest issue, since we get relegated each year we have stripped the club out bit by bit and a bit more every year. We are now left with bare bones, the skeletal remains of a club dying on its feet, thats nothing to do with money, (cant accuse sisu of not buying players ... they did), its to do with the heart of the club, it has been fractured over the years by too many different investors, managers, players and staff .... all lowering the professionalism and steadyness of the club.<br />
<br />
i think SISU have reached the same conclusion, why throw good money after bad. You look at the likes of Eastwood, supposed to be a scorer /// failure, but they paid well for him. that is just one of many. poeple go on about Dann and Fox but they had to make some money back. Then there is westwood King and Gunna.. they didnt want to play for us guys, dont blame sisu for that .. the players turned their backs on us either through greed or simply they jumped ship... and who can blame them. <br />
<br />
SISU may not be the best owners we could have got but what is it you would do? yes they are playing kids and they have a manager who is a rookie, but so what? thats life you have to live within your means. I would love to see a takeover and still think the chinese will come back in, but it doesnt matter who takes us over, unless someone does a qpr on us we are championship / league 1 material. maybe we should simply accept that fact and forget the premier league, and just concentrate on league 1 and the championship for now.
<br />
<br />

Rocket23

probably the best post on Here told exactly how it is u will more than likely get shit tho as u haven't slated sisu but fair play someone who obviously knows what they r talking about

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Rocket23. Why did you quote the whole post without comment? Can't see a reason for that?

They had an opportunity to get a striker and failed in king all this bullshit about handshakes and promises we could have done more and SISU dropped the ball big time. A real striker like that was the difference we needed and instead we look for cheap alternatives.

King would have played for us had we have sorted the contract quicker blues knew we were fecking around and stepped in. There was a time when we coul. And should have signed him.... Anyway good post we cannot cost cut much more.

ICHAN

Don't be surprised if the SISU haters (sisu are like a cancer and killing our club) brigade think you are working for sisu or orange ken here howzer.
But at least you put it like it is, we are a middle to bottom championshiop club and we punched above our weight for years and years and we do not have a given right to be back in the premiership and people need to take of there sky blue glasses at times.
I wonder how many of them would keep investing in lets say an american football club they bought and had no passion for but were just in it for the money at the beggining???
We would all like better days but unfortunatly this is not going to happen until someone desides to take us over or sisu leave, but as I have said before be careful because if sisu do leave there is no guarentee we would get bought out.

Johnnythespider

Don't be surprised if the SISU haters (sisu are like a cancer and killing our club) brigade think you are working for sisu or orange ken here howzer.
But at least you put it like it is, we are a middle to bottom championshiop club and we punched above our weight for years and years and we do not have a given right to be back in the premiership and people need to take of there sky blue glasses at times.
I wonder how many of them would keep investing in lets say an american football club they bought and had no passion for but were just in it for the money at the beggining???
We would all like better days but unfortunatly this is not going to happen until someone desides to take us over or sisu leave, but as I have said before be careful because if sisu do leave there is no guarentee we would get bought out.
To be fair i don't think many people think we have a given right to be in the premier, what we do think is we have a right to expect to try and get there.

ICHAN

But we have had players bought by the owners and it has never happened.
So were all those managers shit?
Were all those players shit?
Ok we sold a few along the way but debts did and do need funding.
This has not all been sisu's fault they were not here in the begining, why didn't we get promoted before sisu came?
Questions that can not be answered obviosly, but we are where we are.

Jason Stubbs

I would love to be able to concentrate on League 1 or the Championship but I think we will sink further than that.

:facepalm:

shmmeee

The club's biggest problem is apathetic fans, end of. Always has been, always will be. HR had a shit atmosphere, so does the Ricoh, nothing to do with the stadium, everything to do with the people of Coventry not turning up to support their team.

Skybluefaz

Its ok to say that King, Gunnar and Westwood wanted to leave but if we'd have tied them down to a contract earlier we'd have at least got transfer fees for them which would be favourable to losing them for nothing and in the case of King and Gunnar not replacing them.

Sisu make some strange business decisions considering that is supposed to be their strength.

Buy one get one free tickets for Derby for example, just go half price. Its more attractive and gives a bigger sense of value for money.

valiant15

Everyone arse licking sisu now eh? They've bought players? A couple of hundred grand now and again(apart from freddy)? Great. Oh thank you sisu. They are KILLING this club.

TheOldFive

To be fair i don't think many people think we have a given right to be in the premier, what we do think is we have a right to expect to try and get there.
True. A good thread this, yes, the reality check is a brutal set of truths to confront, but the whole point of sport is aspiring for more and not mediocrity. Same in business, if you think the most you want to achieve is to stand still at a level you think you feel comfy with you will be eaten up chewed and spat out. Without a sense of hope and ambition however wistful, we may all as well find something else to waste our time on. Have some pride and hope else ALL is lost.

ICHAN

No ones arse licking sisu people were and are arse licking hoffman though even though he came in with a flawed plan to buy the club, and never got anywhere.
We all want better things for the club, but until that time comes we are stuck with them, however weather it be sisu or not who took us over at the time the problems were there and the initial plan never worked and now they proberly want out more than any of us know.
However they can not just sell us to anyone, if what the potential buyer is doing is wrong then they should not sell to that group.
If they had of sold then we may have been in bigger shit, it is easy for any group of investers to say we are going to spend x amount of millions on this that and the other as sisu did and have said but doing it is a differant thing when reallity hits home and the mess is worse than initially thought.
In the end this has been coming for some time they did not move us from highfield road etc etc if they did there fair enough but they didn't.
Sisu are just as bad as nearly everyone else who has ran our club and you cannot please all of the people all of the time.
We would all love a billionaire to take us over but were coventry city and these things just don't happen.

It's all about opinions howzer, but i disagree with the majority of what you've said there. So the club has just been destined for the last 10+ years to be doomed and there is nothing that can/could've been done or changed about it? Bollocks to be fair.

By the way, you're not a Leicester fan are you being from Hinckley?! Everyone I know from Hinckley is...

Gaz

We are never going to get anywhere under Sisu.

Any player that is wanted by another club is just going to sold.

Until these muppets do one out of our club, we will never get anywhere.

If our owners can't come up with £500k for AT to buy a new forward when even a blind man could see we need, well then it's time to bugger off and let people run the club who know what there doing have a go because Sisu havnt got a clue.

Colonel Mustard

It is all very well to balance the books, but the problem is that you have to take a somewhat Keynesian approach to the growth of a club like CCFC. In other words, if SISU want to get to where they want, they need to pump significant money into the club: better players = more success = more fans = more revenues = greater cashflow = better chance of reaching the Premiership etc.

SISU get an unnecessarily bad rap considering that they are basically no better/worse than the McGinnity regime (cutting costs to the bone, questionable PR, but paying the bills to keep the club afloat), but they need to realise they are in limbo. Any club is capable of regressing multiple levels if it is choked hard enough.

J

Jack Griffin

SISU are about balancing the books and selling the club on on at a profit. If they achieve that they can get a return on investment, they have no real interest in which division that is achieved in as long as they make money.
The Hoff deal was about taking over on favourable terms and allowing SISU to cut their losses & run. it may still come to that, but we will have to go through a lot of pain first (Leage One here we come)!

I don't mind the concept of living within our means, Arsenal do it & City don't have sufficient prestige to attract the mega rich investor we might like to take us to the 'promised land'.

georgehudson

out with the old in with the new

Sat aft Watford, KD replayed int'vw on CWR, 'we don't want this conducted through the media' followed by hia remark, 'there was this man there called Ken Bruce'.

Then GH int'vw, 'we wished & agreed to have confidentiality clauses, as expected in a negotiation of this type'.

We waited, & waited, then the day before a game;

Bid withdrawn, 'a reporter supposedly had spoken to Mr Bruce, saying he had a copy of the bid',
then further;

a reporter had supposedly again spoken to Mr Bruce, saying 'he had a copy of the bid withdrawl,

Q. Who was this reporter and where & how, did the info come from / where ?
Q. Why has this issue not been investigated ?
Q. Have the current board demonstrated their ability / integrity to run the club ?
Q. Why have we hired more people at admin / finance level than we have players so far this season ?
Q. Why are we the 'fans' being absolved from information ?

I would love to say 'over to you SISU reply' but I fear that would fall on 'deaf ears'
PUSB

Sky_Blue_Vickie

It is all very well to balance the books, but the problem is that you have to take a somewhat Keynesian approach to the growth of a club like CCFC. In other words, if SISU want to get to where they want, they need to pump significant money into the club: better players = more success = more fans = more revenues = greater cashflow = better chance of reaching the Premiership etc.

SISU get an unnecessarily bad rap considering that they are basically no better/worse than the McGinnity regime (cutting costs to the bone, questionable PR, but paying the bills to keep the club afloat), but they need to realise they are in limbo. Any club is capable of regressing multiple levels if it is choked hard enough.

Very interesting thread with some good points and think that shmmeee has highlighted a good point. We have a small fan base with asperations to be much bigger than we are. I hear about people saying that more people would go up if there was better football, more success etc but this is the same for every club but there is always the core fan base which is the heart and soul of any club as the fickle fans will come and go. People go and support every team in this country because it is there team and many have no hope of making it to the championship never mind the premiership. I go and support city because they are my team and this is not dependent on how good they are doing at the moment, there have been good times and bad (beating man utd at highfield road, losing at rochdale in the fa cup, winning at villa park 4-1, losing at villa park to get relegated, beating chelsea with them in our away kit at highfield road, loosing at brentford in a pre-season game, beating blackburn 5-1 when their players didn't fancy the cold/snow, standing in the cold and rain at portsmouth watching us loose and play terribly....i could go on...) but I will always be behind my team, there are many mmore like me but unfortunately our core fan base is just too small. People in coventry haven't got enough interest in their club and will need to see more success then we are ever likely to have to change that.

I think last season Sisu suddenly also realisd this and this changed their attitude. Up until last Christmas Sisu had given managers some limited funds (sticking within means) to strenghten the squad. As i have said in an earlier thread if the players aren't then good enough that is not down to sisu. We started last season relatively well, not the prettiest football but picking up results. On Dec 4 we beat middlesborough to go 5th in the league with att 15,768, we drew our next game to remain 5th and then Norwich City came to the Ricoh. Two teams challenging at the right end of the table - were the people in coventry getting interested, were they going to get behind their team and try and build some momentum, no - attendance for norwich game 15,230 with 1,766 norwich fans making the journey making only 13,464 cov fans.

I am not saying Sisu have run the club perfectly and they have definately had their fair share of PR disasters, however the financial restraints we find our selves under are due to the richardson era and the fact that not enough people are prepared to get behind the team. I think that they thought if we could get a bit of a run going gates would improve, then they would have to spend less on keeping the club afloat and more on improving but realised during last winter that unfortunately this won't be enough to get people through the gates at coventry. Those outside the core fan base want success but only with pretty football so unfortunately any success under bothroyd would not be good enough, but then good football on its own without succes is not enough either as we have seen under thorn (attendances at no more than around 16,500). I would love us to play like barcelona whilst winning everything in sight but I am a realist - coventry have no given right to expect premiership football or even to be challenging for it, every team has to earn that and this has to be a joint effort from everybody.

Sisu see our club as a business. They will never view it as fans do. But when home fans average between 12000 to 14000, so much negativity and so much unrealistic expectations can we really be suprised that players fail to deliver, businessmen aren't prepared to throw millions into this club and we are just sinking. The city of coventry have the team they deserve and it is just a shame for those of us that will love it no matter what.

If sisu go and hoffman can't sort out a valid buy out who else is going to want us.

PUSB

Macca

We are never going to get anywhere under Sisu.

Any player that is wanted by another club is just going to sold.

Until these muppets do one out of our club, we will never get anywhere.

If our owners can't come up with £500k for AT to buy a new forward when even a blind man could see we need, well then it's time to bugger off and let people run the club who know what there doing have a go because Sisu havnt got a clue.

who are these people who will run the club when SISU leave

Skyblueloyal

The club's biggest problem is apathetic fans, end of. Always has been, always will be. HR had a shit atmosphere, so does the Ricoh, nothing to do with the stadium, everything to do with the people of Coventry not turning up to support their team.

If we had our average attendance at both grounds I say that Highfield Rd would never be as dull as the Ricoh, I seen games at Highfield Rd with only 9,000 that have had better atmosphere than 21,000 at the Ricoh. I have hated the place since we moved there, and I know a lot of other City fans will back me up. It nothing to do with the fans look at our away support it very vocal even when we lose and I love going more away than any game at home, worst decision CCFC ever made moving away from Highfield Rd

Gaz

I think the Ricoh is a great ground, the only problem is we don't get enough fans turn up.

We all remember HR with premiership football mostly maybe thats while some miss it ?

Just an idea of course ;)

TheOldFive

The city of coventry have the team they deserve and it is just a shame for those of us that will love it no matter what.

PUSB[/quote]

And it has nearly always been the case. Poorly supported throughout the ages. Did you know the 1980s move to a striped kit came about because all sky blue wasn't being picked up by players against the background of the new all seater setup at Highfield Road? By the time this seasons over players will probably be able to pick themselves out by black armbands.

coundonskyblue

The city of coventry have the team they deserve and it is just a shame for those of us that will love it no matter what.

PUSB

And it has nearly always been the case. Poorly supported throughout the ages. Did you know the 1980s move to a striped kit came about because all sky blue wasn't being picked up by players against the background of the new all seater setup at Highfield Road? By the time this seasons over players will probably be able to pick themselves out by black armbands.[/QUOTE]

What about in the late 70's when the club was well supported yet the best players were still sold?

The club deserves the attendences it gets.

Skybluescotland

Sisu took every share off every Cov fan on the planet BY agreeing to INVEST in CCFC and MOVE THE CLUB FORWARD.

I can tell you all that with two months of the take over Sisu CHANGED their view and started to nickle and dime the business

Dann and Fox were got in and sold behind RR back.

He resigned on the spot and was only talked back into it by GH and JE.

From that day CCFC have not had the funds that WERE PROMISED by Sisu as they got JE, Jimmy Hill and others to talk up their take over hoodwink Cov fans out of their long family Cov City Shares.

They have lied from the start and with in two years staff and directors have left the club in protest

We now have a rag tag and bob tail of misfits scattered across the world pretending to run our football club.

They have sold off everything we own and have had ZERO interest in buying the Ricoh.

Bullshiters the lot of them!!!!:blue:

Gaz

yep agreed but where are they

Hopefully just around the corner :s

But in all seriousness The Hoffs bid looked like they would have been a lot better than Sisu, but our owners clearly just wanted to sabotage them, and did.

So ever when we could have had new owners, our current lot go and mess it up.

Anyone would be better than Sisu.

georgehudson

out with the old in with the new

what above all else I find worrying is why SISU are playing this game of apparent deceipt & lies, numerous threads & comments have been submitted to ask for clarification of their 'modus operandi'.

Yet all the COVENTRY CITY fans & faithful are fed, predictably, a series of statements that at best could be described as being economic with the truth, & at worst would be LIES & DECEIPT.

I just wish that any level of decency would prevail, & that this 'mob' might see the errors of their ways & find pastures new to plunder.

Was it John Lennon who wrote the song 'How Do You Sleep'?

If an 'outfit' made a business decision to buy, grow, & invest in a company, why, has this not been shown.

Alternately, if an 'outfit' had made a poor business decision then I would have expected them to 'cut & run' at the earliest opportunity.

There are millions who would understand OUR (CCFC), plight, there are also millions who would steer well clear of any company who 'as perceived' have behaved in the manner SISU have, the longer they continue to act in this way the more damage, I proffer, will be done to their already damaged image.

Do not sell players for a 'fire sale' value, especially as they just might like to be at this club, Didier Drogba sold for £80,000 as an example.

Who, on our current board, has an in depth knowledge of football, it's ramifications & worth ?

Let JUSTICE & common sense prevail...... PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread