Out Of Contract Players (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

And Stokes and Nouble. Get a new keeper and add some steel in midfield.

Keep - Nouble, Miller, BARTON (obviously), Tudgay, Lawton and Willis

Release - Jackson, Webster, Reda, Pugh

Too early to say - Turgott

Try and sign after loans - Pennington, Samuel, Odelusi, Stokes and Ward

Get rid of some of the high earners, give some of the fringe players a chance to prove themselves in pre-season and let Mowbray bring in his own players, IF he is still here

Last edited:

torchomatic

Yeah, forgot about Ward.

skybluegod

Keep - Nouble, Miller, BARTON (obviously), Tudgay, Lawton and Willis

Release - Jackson, Webster, Reda, Pugh

Too early to say - Turgott

Try and sign after loans - Pennington, Samuel, Odelusi, Stokes and Ward

keep Miller... Miller? Is that a joke? TM hasn't even used him, which shows how highly rated he is.

PlayUpSkyBlues

Agree

Miller is 27 years old and averages 1 goal every 4.58 games in his CAREER. He should be in his prime

For a striker, thats pretty dogshite

Yep, I hold my hands up to that, but i'll never be scared of asking the gaffer to give someone a chance. Once in a while you get a gem like Harry Kane, sometimes you get a donkey like Chris Dunn

stupot07

TM needs to be ruthless, we've picked up since his arrival, some of that is getting players to play to their potential and some of that is the honeymoon period, some is them playing for contracts.

I trust TM to make the right choices, doubt we'll get odelusi or samuel on a season long loan, more likely to feature for their clubs next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep, I hold my hands up to that, but i'll never be scared of asking the gaffer to give someone a chance. Once in a while you get a gem like Harry Kane, sometimes you get a donkey like Chris Dunn

It's fair enough asking for him to be given a chance, but to say they are good or decent players and deserve a new contract when everything point to the contrary seems a bit silly.

I'll admit I haven't seen enough of Miller to form my own opinion on his ability, I'm just going to assume he's crap as Pressley and now Mowbray have overlooked him in and he made no impact when on loan at Crawley either.

Samo

The games I've seen him, I've been impressed. The guy isn't being given a fair chance. Theres more to being a striker than scoring goals. Not everything is
about a scoring record

Agreed, not given a crack. Looked good when given a go. Too quick to judge on here.

kg82

TM needs to be ruthless, we've picked up since his arrival, some of that is getting players to play to their potential and some of that is the honeymoon period, some is them playing for contracts.

I trust TM to make the right choices, doubt we'll get odelusi or samuel on a season long loan, more likely to feature for their clubs next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Spot on. If it means him not taking on any of the players out of contract at the end of the season then so be it.

mark82

I'd keep Reda but on a lower wage with bonuses for games played. Class when he is fit but that isn't often enough.

stupot07

I'd keep Reda but on a lower wage with bonuses for games played. Class when he is fit but that isn't often enough.

As good as he is, I'd let him go. Would have to make him the lowest paid player to make it viable, he won't accept that, his record over the last 6 seasons is terrible.

14/15 - 15 out of 37 league games
13/14 - 20 out of 46 league games
12/13 - 16 out of 46 league games
11/12 - 24 out of 46 league games
10/11 - 33 out of 46 league games
09/10 - 25 out of 46 league games

We've had plenty of crocks in the recent past- mcpake, Deegan, bell, mcnamee. Nothing good has happened by keeping them on.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We should offer Reda a low basic wage, like £500-750 a week and insert high appearance bonuses into it. So if he plays he will get a wage to reflect his value, if he doesn't play he will still have a wage to live on but it won't cripple the club.

If he doesn't want to accept it, he can move on.

Samo

We should offer Reda a low basic wage,
like £500-750 a week and insert high appearance bonuses into it. So if he plays he will get a wage to reflect his value, if he doesn't play he will still have a wage to live on but it won't cripple the club.

If he doesn't want to accept it, he can move on.

Only way with a player like that is a rolling game to game contract. It has been done before with sicknotes.

rupert_bear

I would think Mowbray has his list and probably done a lot of planning already. Our problem is getting Mowbray tied down to be our manager long term, something that's seriously concerns me.

Users who are viewing this thread