Out of contract in the summer (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Very good news I am quite shocked I thought he might like r a championship move like Willis and Burge:emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes:

SlowerThanPlatt

According to a recent article in the Bristol Post we don’t have a sell on clause for JCH:

Clarke-Harris very much falls within that process as Rovers will reap the full rewards of whatever price they sell him for because not only did Widdrington agree a free transfer for the 25-year-old but Coventry City failed to attach any kind of resale clause.

So if Bakayoko goes for nothing after a £350k transfer and Clarke Harris goes for a million or two after we paid a fee for him then released him for free with apparently no sell on clause it’s not a good look

skyblue025

We didn't pay £350k for Baka. Think it was 60-70k and the rest in add ons. As he had barely scored, we haven't been promoted and Gareth hasn't called him up to an England squad I doubt if we have paid that much more for him.

Bertola

And CoventryLive understands that if the player is the subject of a big summer move then the Sky Blues will receive a sell-on fee, believed to be the standard 10 per cent.

from a smellygrah article on JCH before we played Bristol last season

Alkhen

Robins confirms we have a year option in the clubs favor for Jones, Hiwula, Baka and Westbrooke. excellent news absolutely no panic there then.

----
Asked for confirmation that there are one year options to keep Jones, Hiwula, Bakayoko and Westbrooke, the manager said: “Yes, in our favour, which is good!”

He added: “But people have to earn it. I am not just going to give them out.

“I have to look closely at what we do between now and the end of the season as to whether we take the options up or we don’t, but it’s way too early to speculate.

“I haven’t got any firm and fast thoughts on it. I have got ideas but clearly the players will earn that, or not, as the case may be.

“It gives us a little bit of time."

chiefdave

I'd give Jones another year assuming he comes through the rest of the season unscathed. He can't be on a huge amount and I think he deserves a chance to prove himself when back to full fitness.

Westbrooke seems an obvious keep. Wouldn't have any issue with the other 2 going to allow better replacements to come in.

better days

Robins confirms we have a year option in the clubs favor for Jones, Hiwula, Baka and Westbrooke. excellent news absolutely no panic there then.

----
Asked for confirmation that there are one year options to keep Jones, Hiwula, Bakayoko and Westbrooke, the manager said: “Yes, in our favour, which is good!”

He added: “But people have to earn it. I am not just going to give them out.

“I have to look closely at what we do between now and the end of the season as to whether we take the options up or we don’t, but it’s way too early to speculate.

“I haven’t got any firm and fast thoughts on it. I have got ideas but clearly the players will earn that, or not, as the case may be.

“It gives us a little bit of time."
Pretty sure that's not correct about Jones
As far as I know his 4 year deal expires in June with no option either way

Terry Gibson's perm

Jones owes the club to stop he has been supported through the last few years and should pay back

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think he’s in any position to be deciding on his future who’s gonna take him ? More like he will be lucky to get another year in my eyes from the club
His 10 minute cameo at MK showed what he can still do. I don't think the words 'lucky' and 'Jodi Jones' really go together after his last two years.

Grendel

We should exercise the option on Westbrook he clearly is having a key contribution this season

Users who are viewing this thread