our true league position (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Quite a few posts suggesting the build up of 2-3 fixtures for the games in hand will undo a few in the run up, most teams are out of all the cups, and we have at least 2 extra games to play (possibly 3 if we get to the final) between now and the end of the season so in affect have a similar amount of games which could undo us.
MK Dons who are one of the main rivals have 4 games in hand and are still in the FA cup

VisitingPie

Hi all,
I came on here when we played you earlier on in the season and it was all doom and gloom. I remember reading one thread where everyone was pointing out how many points per game you need to reach the playoffs when you were around 20th. I don't think anyone predicted where you would be now. You have an incredible run of form.

I've been pretty jealous with some of your striking options, we are desperately depleted in that area, with only Showunmi who we've barely seen all season as a true striker. Then Arquin and Zoko as inconsistent also rans. However we do have some money available for a decent loanee, if we can now pick up on our home form, we could be in for a pretty interesting final game of the season. Imagine if we are both fighting for that final play off spot on the last day. I think I'd have to lie down in a darkened room until it's over!

Anyway, best of luck from now until then.

sky_blue_up_north

Makes me laugh when people say that. The teams in the top 6 have the points AND the games.

I think there is time to catch them up though, every year there is one team that goes on a crazy run and our momentum should just keep snowballing.
Its more to do with their squads. We have far better strenght overall. I seen this so many times. Teams have to play each, ie we've got Yeovil, yet another 6 pointer. Still rather have a nice steady run than a load of additonal games. The JPT is different from the league, not the same pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread