Our ticket prices for kids (1 Viewer)

hamertime

I always point this out but should me and my 2 kids be going sunderland at these prices CAT A , Would cost us 90 pound for tickets with administration fee

90 pounds is an awful lot of money for a dad and 2 kids for football
No it’s far too much. Especially when 3 season tickets could have been bought for £350. I think they panicked and capped the season tickets as they were selling so fast. It’s left an issue with match day pricing for kids that now needs addressing.

robbiethemole

With the maths of £17 a game you have not factored that JSB membership is more than just the tickets. There are gifts, training days and also some family ticket vouchers for £30 in the pack and for 2 adults and 2 children for a CAT A game that would represent a huge saving.
thats true, but where are they going to sit? kids can bring a friend for a £1 but where we are in 28, there's no empty seats nearby so how do you fit them in?

Grendel

My other concern, is asking away fans who I know we aren't fond of , but who are travelling for over 3 hours, who have no opportunity of reduced price tickets .. 25 pound for their nippers .. crazy to me

A dad and his 7 year old son for example costs 62 pound and they've not even left the house yet .

We simply have to price under 14s better next season

they can’t bring refreshments in for them either

Hutch11

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if they did that, there would be uproar from home fans asking why they are having paying £30/35 for an adult for a home ticket. Why should an away fan pass significantly less than a home fan?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The majority of home fans aren't travelling 100s of miles to get to games
If its across the board then it's the same at every club

shmmeee

What happens when they price kids/people out of the game and lose them forever?
It's short sighted and detrimental to the furure

But they haven’t. We’ve sold the Family Zone out. There is no danger of kids not going to matches. We have made record sales on the current prices. I’m not sure how anyone can argue they’re less inclusive.

Somerset Sky Blue

With the maths of £17 a game you have not factored that JSB membership is more than just the tickets. There are gifts, training days and also some family ticket vouchers for £30 in the pack and for 2 adults and 2 children for a CAT A game that would represent a huge saving.
Haven't got my two jsb memberships yet. As discussed on a previous thread for those who aren't local and perhaps get to half a dozen games - the gifts are usually unavailable/gone and training days (and Christmas parties in the past) are too difficult to get to. We usually do use the family tickets - are they definitely in the pack this year?

shmmeee

But it's sold out , and we're potentially keeping more kids away

The ground is almost sold out! I had to buy ST in block 35 FFS!

This argument is fine when we’ve got 7k rattling around in there. But when people are buying the tickets you can claim we’re keeping people out. Every price is going to keep some people out but the fact the Family Zone sold out so quickly suggests the club provided kids tickets at a more than reasonable price.

Lofty

Next season, Increase the price of the adult season ticket in the family zone to subsidise kids tickets else where.

Hobo

This has absolutely fuck all to do with abuse of the system. How do all other clubs cope? Why are we always the outlier?

For reference, our £25 price for kids, regardless of age, is the most expensive in the league. By a mile.

Sunderland fans have rightly kicked off about this today. They need to follow through with their boycott threats, it's the only way this changes.

Let's be honest it is just another excuse for that lot to moan about us.

I bet they still rock up with the chip on their shoulders, that now seems part of their DNA.

clint van damme

The ground is almost sold out! I had to buy ST in block 35 FFS!

This argument is fine when we’ve got 7k rattling around in there. But when people are buying the tickets you can claim we’re keeping people out. Every price is going to keep some people out but the fact the Family Zone sold out so quickly suggests the club provided kids tickets at a more than reasonable price.

But you have to build for the future and get people invested in the club.
We've had a good few years, it won't always be like this, we need to grab these youngsters now.

shmmeee

But you have to build for the future and get people invested in the club.
We've had a good few years, it won't always be like this, we need to grab these youngsters now.

We have! There’s thousands of them in the Family Zone. I’m just saying if we want to subsidise new/casual fans we’ll need to raise prices there.

clint van damme

We have! There’s thousands of them in the Family Zone. I’m just saying if we want to subsidise new/casual fans we’ll need to raise prices there.

I'm not sure we need to subsidise anything to be honest. We just need to offer reasonably priced kids tickets elsewhere in the ground.

And if the reasoning behind it is adults taking the piss coming in on kids tickets then they need to find a way to stop them.

shmmeee

I'm not sure we need to subsidise anything to be honest. We just need to offer reasonably priced kids tickets elsewhere in the ground.

And if the reasoning behind it is adults taking the piss coming in on kids tickets then they need to find a way to stop them.

Their way to stop them is to encourage season tickets and reduce the difference in adult and kids on match days. It’s the same as the block 13 problem: minimum wage stewards aren’t there to challenge coked up lads. So anything that relies on that is a non starter, sadly. Coloured tickets, lights on the gates, etc, all rely on someone physically stopping someone once they’re in the ground and rightly or wrongly that just doesn’t happen really until you do something like punch someone or go on the pitch.

Evo1883

Their way to stop them is to encourage season tickets and reduce the difference in adult and kids on match days. It’s the same as the block 13 problem: minimum wage stewards aren’t there to challenge coked up lads. So anything that relies on that is a non starter, sadly. Coloured tickets, lights on the gates, etc, all rely on someone physically stopping someone once they’re in the ground and rightly or wrongly that just doesn’t happen really until you do something like punch someone or go on the pitch.
I'm not sure why you're so happy to argue the case for the club .. it also doesn't explain why away fans are being charged 25 pounds for 5 year olds , it's absurd .. the pricing for kids is shite outside of the family zone

hill83

Can anyone who has received their season tickets confirm if they are all the same colour of if kids tickets are different?

That would go some way to make people think twice about taking the piss

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Should be no more than £10 for that age. Are the season tickets for kids and adults different colours anyone know?

It’s madness. I’ve only just looked at the pricing properly. I think I’m right in saying that if I ever wanted to bring my 2.5 year old to a game, she would cost £25 too? (Plus booking fee and if a Cat A game)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

Haven't got my two jsb memberships yet. As discussed on a previous thread for those who aren't local and perhaps get to half a dozen games - the gifts are usually unavailable/gone and training days (and Christmas parties in the past) are too difficult to get to. We usually do use the family tickets - are they definitely in the pack this year?
yes and also a Captain's Kit comprising sports bag,water bottle,size 5 ball, pump and captain's armband, collect after October from the ticket office.

rob9872

I'm not sure even the age is a thing. It all comes from the parents finite amount of residual until they're earning. Someone said higher up £20 adults £10 kids all away teams. I'd go with that and could even find an argument for £25 / £15, but ours are ridiculous. The idea was rebuffed that clubs are needing to maximise revenue but in that case why not £100 or £1000? Demand will dictate but if the EFL put a rule in then it remains a level playing field and those who offer bigger allocations or have higher capacities (of which we are one) would still have an advantage over others.

ccfc1234

Yes there is definitely vouchers in the pack. If you would like a full breakdown of what's included DM me and I will find out.

Somerset Sky Blue

yes and also a Captain's Kit comprising sports bag,water bottle,size 5 ball, pump and captain's armband, collect after October from the ticket office.
Captain's kit sounds nice if enough are ordered/in stock, though I think we have either had nothing or alternatives for last four years (bar one maybe)?

Users who are viewing this thread