Our strikers (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Well let's be honest besides 3 standouts , one having a season that will probably smash all championship records .. youd have to say thay so far we are rather fortunate to have 2 of the top 10 goalscorers in the league playing for us ? Amazing also condisdering 1 isnt good enough for the championship 😂 yet has more goals than 15 million grant at west brom Screenshot_20220115-211900_FlashScore UK.jpg

Londonccfcfan

He's cracking mate

30 league goals in 66 league games for us.. basically 1 in 2 .

And he wasn't even fully fit last season

Also contributed so much..Won 2 penalties this season...that cross of the season vs Fulham.

Got lerman sent off at Bournemouth changed the game.

I think his header vs Derby (disallowed) was better than Hamets header last year.

Thankless task sole striker. He loves it. Clever clever striker.

If he had pace he would be playing in premier league!

Evo1883

Also contributed so much..Won 2 penalties this season...that cross of the season vs Fulham.

I think his header vs Derby (disallowed) was better than Hamets header last year.

What I do know is he's good enough for this league as 16 in 40 proves that , he wasn't even fit for a large chunk of that also .

He's a championship quality striker no doubt and arguably a 20 goal championship striker at that

larry_david

I'm still angry that header was disallowed. It was too good to be ruled out

pusbccfc

Now all we need is the midfield provide. Good to see Gus get a goal and almost a second. Allen and O'Hare getting close.

Nick

Administrator
It was a terrible miss. If it was walker people would be raging.

The keeper made an easy save from the other one as the shot had no power.

Why do people act like he's a child when it comes to end product?

Delboycov

It was a terrible miss. If it was walker people would be raging.

The keeper made an easy save from the other one as the shot had no power.

Why do people act like he's a child when it comes to end product?
Just watched it back..suggest you do too. He literally got into the right position sliding on the floor..whilst being challenged...got his toe to the ball and was hugely unlucky to hit the post. Kane's chance from a standing position when he hit the post was far easier. Your bias against O'Hare is embarrassing and does show you up as clueless 😉Every match the slightest wayward ball from him you comment on...almost like you want him to fail!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Just watched it back..suggest you do too. He literally got into the right position sliding on the floor.. got his toe to the ball and was hugely unlucky to hit the post. Kane's chance from a standing position when he hit the post was far easier. Your bias against O'Hare is embarrassing and does show you up as clueless Every match the slightest wayward ball from him you comment on...almost like you want him to fail!

It's not unlucky, it's a bad miss. The ball to him was perfect, it just needed to be tapped in.

Hardly clueless, just not going to sit and baby players like some seem to want to.

Which Kane chance do you mean?

Delboycov

He was on the floor Nick.. Hardly your standard tap in. I get your frustration with him but trust me when he's gone.. Which he inevitably will be you'll miss him 😉

Nick

Administrator
Hardly clueless, just not going to sit and baby players like some seem to want to.
He was on the floor Nick.. Hardly your standard tap in. I get your frustration with him but trust me when he's gone.. Which he inevitably will be you'll miss him

It really was a tap in. It was a terrible miss.

Which one do you mean about kane hitting the post?

Delboycov

It's not unlucky, it's a bad miss. The ball to him was perfect, it just needed to be tapped in.

Which Kane chance do you mean?
Sorry mate meant Jamie Allen.. Wasted 😂

shmmeee

He slid In got a foot to it and it hit the post , not a terrible miss in my book , felt he was unlucky with it . Like Allen was unlucky when he hit the post from the free kick , just one of them

Allens shot was saved onto the post. Entirely different.

Frostie

So if I have this correct .. he had a 58% chance of scoring ..which would indicate it wasn't a sitter

Yes, although I'm not a fan of single chance xG, thought it interesting & if you consider a penalty is 0.78xG it's not really a "sitter" per se.

Also, just looked because I actually think 58% seemed quite high given the nature of having to slide in etc.
The 0.58 is using Infogol's model, others rated it at 0.43xG

Evo1883

Yes, although I'm not a fan of single chance xG.

Also, just looked because I actually think 58% actually is quite high given the nature of having to slide in etc.
The 0.58 is using Infogol's model, others rated it at 0.43xG

So as an argument against nicks point , he hasn't missed a sitter

Users who are viewing this thread