Our Recent Form (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

In the last 12 games, since winning at Hull we have only won 2, as we know. But we have dropped 16 points in that run, for the want of one goal.
In other words we have had 4 defeats, all by one goal, and 6 draws.
The only real difference in most of those games, is Gyo has stopped scoring. Godden has scored a few in that time but what we needed was goals from both of them. It's stating the obvious I know, but Gyo hasn't been the same player since he got that ankle injury.
Either we get to the bottom of this and sort it out, or we will drift down the table.
Let's see what the January window brings, but I don't think many of us are confident we can sort it that way.

rob9872

So let me get this right. What you're saying is, we need to score more goals or we won't win?

I like it!

Sky Blue Harry H

Hamer had been playing with a knock, then missing injured, Gyo was/has been playing with an injury, Dabo wasn't 100% (although Kane has covered for him). The combination of these events is what has cost us imo. Agree with the Godden, Walker combination bit - not helped by having mainly defensive midfielders sitting behind them.

slowpoke

We've been poo
We were Tuesday for sure but so we’re Millwall. Robins needs to tweak the system a bit he’s done it before go back to our league one promotion season and our December and January results weren’t brilliant but he changed our system a bit and we never looked back.

skybluegod

In the last 12 games, since winning at Hull we have only won 2, as we know. But we have dropped 16 points in that run, for the want of one goal.
In other words we have had 4 defeats, all by one goal, and 6 draws.
The only real difference in most of those games, is Gyo has stopped scoring. Godden has scored a few in that time but what we needed was goals from both of them. It's stating the obvious I know, but Gyo hasn't been the same player since he got that ankle injury.
Either we get to the bottom of this and sort it out, or we will drift down the table.
Let's see what the January window brings, but I don't think many of us are confident we can sort it that way.

I think the Gyo ankle injury is being massively overinflated. He had a purple patch of form followed by a very poor run of form. It probably is just that simple. Think it's being far too generous to suggest it's a carry over of an injury from about 10/12 weeks ago. Other than the initial couple games after, he hasn't seemed to show any lingering signs of being injured He will come out the other side of it, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Frostie

Hamer had been playing with a knock, then missing injured, Gyo was/has been playing with an injury, Dabo wasn't 100% (although Kane has covered for him). The combination of these events is what has cost us imo. Agree with the Godden, Walker combination bit - not helped by having mainly defensive midfielders sitting behind them.

Strength in depth is clearly lacking, we have used the fewest players in the league for a reason. This was always to be expected but with Covid now causing massive disruption as well it's making us really disjointed.

Warwickhunt

MR has got to change tactics against the teams that have setup to stifle our wing backs! If we had gone to 4-4-2 earlier and changed up to 4-3-1-2 after 15 minutes or so it would have pulled Millwall apart. See Bristol City who Millwall plays next 2nd and see what formation they play. Clearly susepticle to the ball over the top and turning their central defenders and into the Channels to bring their fullbacks back towards their own goal.

tommy hutch legend

MR has got to change tactics against the teams that have setup to stifle our wing backs! If we had gone to 4-4-2 earlier and changed up to 4-3-1-2 after 15 minutes or so it would have pulled Millwall apart. See Bristol City who Millwall plays next 2nd and see what formation they play. Clearly susepticle to the ball over the top and turning their central defenders and into the Channels to bring their fullbacks back towards their own goal.
Agree a change of tactics needed we are in a healthy position points wise at mo I feel this is a season we could make top 6 if we take the shackles off and just go for it and see where we we end up pretty sure it would be too half and No where near bottom 4

Evo1883

Anybody that watched the game against Huddersfield and many games this season will understand we are a very good footballing side .

Not really getting the rub of the green atm , we lack a bit of cutting edge but the direction and progress is clear to see

We are a better side than last season , no question and form will go up and down like most clubs outside the top 3 or 4

steve cooper

Looking at how difficult April is. It’s imperative we get to 50 points by then.
I think this season will be like last season, 44 / 45 points enough to stay up, especially with Derby needing 34/35 points from 22 games to reach that.
That means 11 points will see us safe, from 23 games.

Grendel

Anybody that watched the game against Huddersfield and many games this season will understand we are a very good footballing side .

Not really getting the rub of the green atm , we lack a bit of cutting edge but the direction and progress is clear to see

We are a better side than last season , no question and form will go up and down like most clubs outside the top 3 or 4

I think we are close to a mcallister season slump. Robins pretty much alluded to it. I suspect that finances aren’t great either and a player sale is likely

Evo1883

I think we are close to a mcallister season slump. Robins pretty much alluded to it. I suspect that finances aren’t great either and a player sale is likely

I'd wager with you we don't have a catastrophic collapse ... we will probably be steady from January until the end .

I think 60 - 65 points

Users who are viewing this thread