Our players are nervous and have fear (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

So we seem to have recruited mentally weak professional footballers. Questions have to be asked on our recruitment strategy this summer.

PVA

He said he saw some fear and nervousness in some players today.

To take that and conclude we've recruited mentally weak footballers is a bit of a leap IMO.

And the player that looked the most nervous and scared today wasn't one of the new recruits anyway (Wilson).

Otis

He said he saw some fear and nervousness in some players today.

To take that and conclude we've recruited mentally weak footballers is a bit of a leap IMO.

And the player that looked the most nervous and scared today wasn't one of the new recruits anyway (Wilson).
A lot of that can be down to a lack of confidence and obviously, the more games you lose, the more confidence drops and you become more nervous

Adge

We need a Liam Daish to show them and have some spirit! 👊Stand up and be counted.
Unfortunately the only person similar is Fadz with any leadership qualities. The sad thing is he’s been poor recently so may we’ll be omitted.

Greggs

Unfortunately the only person similar is Fadz with any leadership qualities. The sad thing is he’s been poor recently so may we’ll be omitted.
Kitchen, Thomas and Latibowdare both claimed to be leaders in their interviews

AFCCOVENTRY

I think someone mentioned Fadz has personal issues at the moment. Any player who isn’t mentally in the right place shouldn’t play. You start to make the wrong decisions in games.

CCFC54321

So we seem to have recruited mentally weak professional footballers. Questions have to be asked on our recruitment strategy this summer.

The recruitment has been appalling and someone is going to unfortunately take ‘the bullet’ for it.

If anyone thinks there won’t be repercussions somewhere down the line is naive to say the least.

I get Robins is publicly saying he has final say but his protecting the recruitment team and I admire him for that but DK WILL be asking some serious and direct questions before releasing further funds in January. I know I would be.

AFCCOVENTRY

The recruitment has been appalling and someone is going to unfortunately take ‘the bullet’ for it.

If anyone thinks there won’t be repercussions somewhere down the line is naive to say the least.

I get Robins is publicly saying he has final say but his protecting the recruitment team and I admire him for that but DK WILL be asking some serious and direct questions before releasing further funds in January. I know I would be.

Robins choice to bring Dean Austin in.

CCFC54321

I said a few weeks back. Robins maybe is the type of manager who doesn’t do well with money for big transfers.
It appears then your are right. This recruitment with the long term contracts could take 2-3 years to rectify its that bad.

I don’t buy this gelling now in November.

I don’t buy this is the process excuse.

Big money has been spent on players that don’t appear good enough for this league. I’d have rather gone back to the days when we had no money and the little we did have we spent it wisely.

pusbccfc

Didn't help that whenever players tried to play a risky pass in the first half, fans were groaning and moaning.

DrPoolittle

I said a few weeks back. Robins maybe is the type of manager who doesn’t do well with money for big transfers.
It happens.

It happens a lot but fans like expenditure. There is considerable pressure on a manager to spend and spend big and I suspect that affects decision making.

DrPoolittle

It's easy for anyone to see.

You don't go a goal up and then ship two within minutes of each other if you aren't a bit fragile.

There should be enough hard men in there, and for those who constantly write-off Kelly, we look significantly more confident as a team when he plays.
That’s certainly true. Kelly adds steel to the midfield. But you don’t always need hard men to add confidence. All the players need to take responsibility

Users who are viewing this thread