Our new Striker... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

Looks shit. Gets into good positions but doesn't look like he'll get enough goals to keep us up.

PVA

He scored 25 goals last season ffs.

And before you all say 'yeah well it was in league 2 he's not good enough for the championship, last time I checked the goals are the same size, and he's proved tonight he can find the time and space to have efforts on goal.

If he was barely getting a kick all game then fair enough, but thats not the case.

JulianDarbyFTW

It was his second game since the end of last season. He's not match fit yet looked dangerous and was unlucky a couple of times. Even Pele would struggle to score enough goals to save us, so give the lad a chance!

CovScott88

Slightly harsh. These are his first games at this level. He may not have scored, but he does get into very good positions. I think goals will come for him.

ccfcway

he looks more dangerous than ROD, so its an improvement..

Might not keep us up, but an improvement

WillieStanley

He'll get there. Give the lad a chance. He had one cleared off the line, knew where to be and it was his second game since last season... in an entirely different and higher standard league... give him a break. He's not the messiah he was hyped to be on deadline day granted but he'll get there

StevieM

Give the lad a chance-he hardly looks "shit" by any stretch of the imagination.
If you want to label players then stick one on McSheffery or Bell - "just not interested" or "clueless" spring to mind.

par1sons

he did alright tonight, he found the space but had torres's boots on. When match fit im sure he will bag goals, League 2 is a big jump but remember without giving him a chance you will never know, proven cost dollars, unproven cost peanuts but can make you dollars

par1sons

he did alright tonight, he found the space but had torres's boots on. When match fit im sure he will bag goals, League 2 is a big jump but remember without giving him a chance you will never know, proven cost dollars, unproven cost peanuts but can make you dollars

im-confused

As soon as he went off, we didn't create anything. I would have took Juke off tbh. He had a much quieter 2nd half than cody did

BenInTurin

Facebook User
We need to give him a chance, the big positive was that he got into good positions.

Becksy

I thought Cody looked alright tonight, when he's at full fitness I think he'll be sharp and work well off Juke. Reminds me of Eastwood (on a good day) but hopefully will prove a lot more prolific!!!

It's ridiculous to write him off already I hope we don't turn on him as well. He looks the kind of player that once he gets his first goal go on to score on a regular basis. I liked the fact that he had a go and didn't seem to lack confidence, lets hope the haters don't knock that out of him before he's had a chance.

Disappointing result tonight but far from the worst I've seen us play, hopefully we can put it behind us and get a result against Reading at the Ricoh on Saturday... PUSB

Glen

i think juke box is just as bad so what does that say about our strike force not good enough for any league really so RELEGATION is all we can hope for

Gaz

I was encouraged by CM tonight.
He didn't score but he Is deffo going to start knocking them in at some point this season.

I just hope it's enough to keep us up this season.

Nonleagueherewecome

i think juke box is just as bad so what does that say about our strike force not good enough for any league really so RELEGATION is all we can hope for

Yeah but you say that all season every season, Glen! OK so you might be right this time, but it's a bit like a weather man who just says "It gonna rain". Eventually he'll be right.

Astute

Looks shit. Gets into good positions but doesn't look like he'll get enough goals to keep us up.

The Ipswich team is full of quality players. Most of them were not match fit. They could be getting to where they are going to do well now they have played a few games. Cody is the same. Last nights game was a big improvement from him. A couple more games and he could hit form again.

skyblue4ever

I too was very encouraged by Cody's performance! I can see him scoring plenty of goals, it usually takes a while for striking partnerships to form but you can already see the start of it last night! There were a number of times when Juke got the flick on and Cody was anticipating it! Good signs in my opinion!

ashbyjan

I was encouraged by Cody last night, as well as Juke. Juke won almost everything in the air and occupied their defenders giving Cody a bit of space. Cody needs to be closer to Juke and anticipate better, assume Juke is going to win the header and gamble. He showed a willingness to work off the ball, got into the right positions and with full fitness and a bit more understanding of his team mates he will do ok. Part of the problem last night was the constant one of no support from midfield, it was Juke and Cody against the Ipswich defence, no midfielders breaking into the box, unlike Ipswich who's midfielders were constantly supporting Chopra and Scotland.

covcity4life

he was much improved and his first header was class, missed a sitter of a header ins econd half but at least hes in those positions

i think we can expect 10-15 goals in this his first season

Users who are viewing this thread