Our Lowest Point? (1 Viewer)

Was The Defeat To Worcester City Coventry's Lowest Point Ever?

• Total voters
I hate to bring up the horror of Sunday again, but there is only 1 subject of this week that I could use for Cooks Question. I wanna know, if you think the 2-1 defeat to Worcester City is the lowest point in the club's existence and if not, what is. Vote in the pole and write your thoughts. For me, certainly in my time as a sky blue supporter, it has to go down as the biggest defeat of my time. The older generation may remember the Sutton defeat, but thankfully, I wasn't around for that, so Sunday has to go down as the worst moment in my CCFC days. But whats your view? Let us know. Remember, if you don't want your opinion read out on the radio, please say so. Sports Lounge kicks off at 10AM Thursday on Hillz FM 98.6 so tune in if you can. Also, this week saw the debut of my BRAND NEW Breakfast show, Good Morning Hillfields. If you wanna listen in, the next show will be on Tuesday at 7AM. Sports Lounge will be repeated at 10AM Saturday if you cant listen to the live show. Either way, enjoy, and thanks again for your brilliant support

Kingokings204

From my era ( I'm 26 years old) just getting relegated to the championship and after sacking our manager we lost 4-1 to shrewsbury town 2 years ago. Sunday was nothing compared to that for me personally.

Shrewsbury town beating my team Coventry city 4-1 I thought I would never see the day and I felt so low. Now of course it's a standard result with losing to Worcester city and oldham, Crewe, scunthorpe. Olham 4-1 was a personal low from a few games ago. Expected and predictable. So sad.

Grendel

The lowest point was relegation from the premier league for obvious reasons.

The defeat to Sutton was far worse as well as the team then was a good top flight side.

gary_ccfcforever

i'd agree with that Shrewsbury defeat actually, to be honest in the 1st half of that game we could have shipped 6-8 4-1 flattered us

NorthernWisdom

A 4-2 defeat to Ipswich.

Bog standard league game, except we were so much in the shit our side was filled with youngsters (Montgomery in goal, Mackay and Bates came on) because we couldn't afford the appearance money of the senior players. The whole ground had an air of resignation about it, people seemed to be waiting for the club to die.

Maybe I care less now, maybe I've got immune to things as they carry on so often(!) but that was the moment I was convinced my club would be no more.

Oh, that's kind of ignoring recent events to a degree as we've gone over them enough. Why recall recent depressions when you can look back a decade or so for nostalgic misery!

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sutton Utd defeat for me. That came not long after we had won the FA Cup. So humiliating. :(

hill83

When it was announced we were moving to Northampton.
Then the first match there.

ccfcway

don't think I can, or will ever look past Charlton away.

Simply woeful and a complete shambles

Kingokings204

don't think I can, or will ever look past Charlton away.

Simply woeful and a complete shambles

Great shout. Up there with my shrewsbury pick. Coleman wasn't it? Leicester drew 0-0 but hit the bar? Wow good memories hey

shmmeee

I hate to bring up the horror of Sunday again, but there is only 1 subject of this week that I could use for Cooks Question. I wanna know, if you think the 2-1 defeat to Worcester City is the lowest point in the club's existence and if not, what is. Vote in the pole and write your thoughts. For me, certainly in my time as a sky blue supporter, it has to go down as the biggest defeat of my time. The older generation may remember the Sutton defeat, but thankfully, I wasn't around for that, so Sunday has to go down as the worst moment in my CCFC days. But whats your view? Let us know. Remember, if you don't want your opinion read out on the radio, please say so. Sports Lounge kicks off at 10AM Thursday on Hillz FM 98.6 so tune in if you can. Also, this week saw the debut of my BRAND NEW Breakfast show, Good Morning Hillfields. If you wanna listen in, the next show will be on Tuesday at 7AM. Sports Lounge will be repeated at 10AM Saturday if you cant listen to the live show. Either way, enjoy, and thanks again for your brilliant support

Lowest point was when our own fans chose political points scoring and the aims of a couple of City swindlers over the club they're supposed to support and now we have no ground and no chance of ever owning one and therefore no foreseeable future.

lordsummerisle

Lowest point was when our own fans chose political points scoring and the aims of a couple of City swindlers over the club they're supposed to support and now we have no ground and no chance of ever owning one and therefore no foreseeable future.

Too true, reminds me of your unswerving support of these City swindlers when they came in, and for many years afterwards.

Monners

For me it has to be the move to Northampton. Remember how awful I felt when the first game kicked off (particularly as I live 3 miles down the road which compounded that feeling). Outstrips anything that happens on the pitch. And I like to think that I am someone who has life in perspective.

Are we at a higher point now though with the Wasps/ Ricoh situation?

Anyway , time to go and cheer somebody else up

jimmyhillsfanclub

Dropping my pie on the steps at HT, Wigan 2004........I'd only had one bite......fucking gutted.

....and we lost 4-1.

Hobo

It is not the lowest point for me simply because I expected us to loose, it had cup shock written all over it. Let's face it, we have been on the wrong end of a few. Also certain players didn't perform, but again it is not the first time they haven't.

All the current off field affairs and the way our owners are running the club is the low point for me and how we have been on a steady slide to reach this position. I actually think we could go lower yet.

My biggest bug bear with SISU is the lack of a clear business plan. Their constant contradictory statements. The underhand way they appear to conduct themselves. Although I accept you can make mistakes, they don't appear to learn from theirs. There have been some positives, but they seem to occur by accident and not design.

They seem to lack the ability to market themselves and the club properly. They are very good at alienating the fans though.

PS 7-0 at WBA that was a gutter at the time, never saw that one coming we were playing well at the time. Individual performances that day equally shocking.

Astute

I have to agree with our lowest point being when we were taken to Northampton.

I was there against Sutton. This is my next lowest point. But otherwise I would consider it to be a good season that year. Northampton lasted over a year. A needless year of no home games. And it has helped to lead us to where we are now. Not really seen an upside from it yet.

torchomatic

Selling HR and Sixfields for me.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Weren't it 3-0? The away game up there? Eric Black's team off the back of a good run capitulated in true CCFC style.

Nah...this was one of Peter Reids darkest hours.....Wigan had good side...and good pies....we were ultra shit with the exception of Stern John who still got booed anyway....

...I got the opportunity to tell McGin&T to fuck off that day.....which cheered me up a bit...:claping hands:

wingy

Nah...this was one of Peter Reids darkest hours.....Wigan had good side...and good pies....we were ultra shit with the exception of Stern John who still got booed anyway....

...I got the opportunity to tell McGin&T to fuck off that day.....which cheered me up a bit...:claping hands:

Andy@Worcester

Worcester fan in peace. Just wanted to offer the view that since Sunday, the win is now generally accepted locally as Worcester's biggest in over 50 years - since the Liverpool win in 1959. Historic for us in being our first ever away win against a FL side.

There is an apochryphal story over our Liverpool win that their manager Phil Evans was sacked shortly after the game, leading to the appointment of Bill Shankly and the launch of Liverpool as a world football power. Everything is true except for the timing, as Evans in fact was replaced several months after. If not of that magnitude, it seems Sunday is having some big knock-on impacts on CCFC. Can see that losing your ground would rate worse - having been through that recently, and in my book that would rate worse than losing to Ton Pentre (inhabitants - about 20) in the 1970s.

Pleased to see that you won last night.

We are back to league business on Saturday with the visit of Leamington. You've probably seen we've been drawn to Scunthorpe away in the next round, but they've chosen not to televise it live. Same BBC Final Score arrangement again on the Sunday.

Will be keeping an eye occasionally - best wishes.

I'm old enough to remember the Kings Lynn game and remember Alf Wood (the trainer then) getting the sack along with Billy Frith (? I think) and stating you cannot make footballers out of carthorses. :).
I also remember a 3rd Div South game at the old cobblers ground in Northampton, when the Bantams were 4 down in 11 minutes.
I was at Sutton, which was a fluke as much as we played crap but had amazing bad luck in the last 10 mins, and that 0-1 defeat at Northampton a year later, with the worst miss of the century by Kevin Drinkell.
Happy Days.

AndreasB

Worcester fan in peace. Just wanted to offer the view that since Sunday, the win is now generally accepted locally as Worcester's biggest in over 50 years - since the Liverpool win in 1959. Historic for us in being our first ever away win against a FL side.

There is an apochryphal story over our Liverpool win that their manager Phil Evans was sacked shortly after the game, leading to the appointment of Bill Shankly and the launch of Liverpool as a world football power. Everything is true except for the timing, as Evans in fact was replaced several months after. If not of that magnitude, it seems Sunday is having some big knock-on impacts on CCFC. Can see that losing your ground would rate worse - having been through that recently, and in my book that would rate worse than losing to Ton Pentre (inhabitants - about 20) in the 1970s.

We are back to league business on Saturday with the visit of Leamington. You've probably seen we've been drawn to Scunthorpe away in the next round, but they've chosen not to televise it live. Same BBC Final Score arrangement again on the Sunday.

Oh fuck off you patronising Bellend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstar

You deserved your win on Sunday and the scoreline did not flatter you. Your team wanted it 100 times more than us. Good luck in the next round and in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread