Our Goalkeeping Situation (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Heard nowt yet about the extent of Joe Murphy's injury other than he pulled a hamstring which could side line him for a week or months. So what might happen there then. Stick with the reserve Dunne or draft another in on loan. Hasn't one of our young keepers been loaned out

ccfc92

we should have the lad who played against Reading last game of the 10/11 season. Quirk I think? He looked quality

Sky Blue Sheepy

He hasn't been ruled out of Saturday's game yet so here's hoping. Sorry for reiterating it but Dunn was woeful last night. 3 goals, last 2 errors by him imo and the 1 save he made was OTT to say the least.
We need Murphy as he rushes out to cover the Centre Back's. Hope it's nothing serious!

scroobiustom

Has Micky Quirke not left the club?

ccfc92

He hasn't been ruled out of Saturday's game yet so here's hoping. Sorry for reiterating it but Dunn was woeful last night. 3 goals, last 2 errors by him imo and the 1 save he made was OTT to say the least.
We need Murphy as he rushes out to cover the Centre Back's. Hope it's nothing serious!

but their 2nd or 3rd goal, the crewe player walked through 5 defenders, and scored ffs

scroobiustom

Could always try and get Butland next season on loan - unlikely though.

cloughie

seems the Murphy haters have gone quiet.

Dunne should have done better with at least 1 of those goals but will reserve judgement on the other one until I've see them again as he maybe should have done better with 2

wingy

for the same reason as I stick up for Murphy ,who is a good goallie at this level i can't really condem Dunne for the failures further up the Pitch.While he may have been able to do better ,he was way overexposed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
seems the Murphy haters have gone quiet.

Nope, still here ;)

That said, its obviously hes the best option we have. I've never been a fan of either keeper. Scunny werent too upset when they lost Murphy and Northampton fans thanked us for taking on Dunn.

Ill reiterate whats been said before; should we go up, its definitely an area we need to invest in

SkyBlue_Bear83

There will be plenty of decent enough keepers in the loan market available if we decide to do so

I think the loan market opens tomorrow, hoping we may have a couple before Saturday. We all know Robins likes to do his business quickly and this could be the boost we need to bounce back from the Crewe game

Grendel

Nope, still here ;)

That said, its obviously hes the best option we have. I've never been a fan of either keeper. Scunny werent too upset when they lost Murphy and Northampton fans thanked us for taking on Dunn.

Ill reiterate whats been said before; should we go up, its definitely an area we need to invest in

Murphy is the only player in the squad who can be classed as capable in the championship. There are a couple of others who may be but are not proven to be so.

torchomatic

What's Gary Montgomery doing nowadays, I wonder?

deanocity3

CITY 21 KEEPERS IN LAST 10 YEARS.SAYS IT ALL, NO CONSISTANCY OR IS IT POOR COACHING BY OGGY,i HOPE NOT.
HEDMAN
MONTGOMERY
HYLDGAARD
DEBEC
SHEARER
WARD
ARPHEXAD
STEELE
BENNETT
BYWATER
FULOP
INCE
MARSHALL
KONSTANTOPOULOS
SCHMEICHEL
WESTWOOD
IRELAND
QUIRKE
TURNER
MURPHY
DUNN
BURGE

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Murphy is the only player in the squad who can be classed as capable in the championship. There are a couple of others who may be but are not proven to be so.

I disagree. He was never a keeper that i thought was great in the Championship when at Scunthorpe, and yes he may not have been helped out much in his seasons in the championship with us but I still only rate him league one at best

PVA

Dunn really is crap.

I wonder if we'd have won last night had Murphy not gone off. Maybe not, but we wouldn't have lost by 3.

CovFan

Dunn really is crap.

I wonder if we'd have won last night had Murphy not gone off. Maybe not, but we wouldn't have lost by 3.
Murphy going off cost us all our defensive shape, I don't know if it was by design or by accident.

ccfctommy

CITY 21 KEEPERS IN LAST 10 YEARS.SAYS IT ALL, NO CONSISTANCY OR IS IT POOR COACHING BY OGGY,i HOPE NOT.
HEDMAN
MONTGOMERY
HYLDGAARD
DEBEC
SHEARER
WARD
ARPHEXAD
STEELE
BENNETT
BYWATER
FULOP
INCE
MARSHALL
KONSTANTOPOULOS
SCHMEICHEL
WESTWOOD
IRELAND
QUIRKE
TURNER
MURPHY
DUNN
BURGE

Oggy hasn't been coaching keepers all that time though. We have had Jim Blythe, Andy Dibble and Alan Hodgekinson among others.

Users who are viewing this thread