Our football club. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

Those of you who who go to every game home and away, I applaud you. How have you not given up yet? I only go to home games but I am being to lose faith in "our" football club. As it stands we are 5 points adrift, only ahead of Doncaster by one point having played a game more. Doncaster have the backing to bring in Championship quality loan players like Habye Beye, El Hadji Diouf and Pascal Chimbonda, they won't be there for much longer. Looking at our next 5 games can any of you seriously see us winning any those matches? We haven't won away since April, Hull have one of the best away records in the league and we've never beaten Bristol City at the Ricoh. Our best player is being sold with no time to get a replacement leaving us with three useless "strikers" in Cody McDonald, Freddy Eastwood and Roy O'Donovan, as well as the blundering lump that is Clive Platt, if that strike force gets us 10 goals combined this season I for one will be shocked. We have no money. No stadium. No wins. No hope. We are doomed to the dank depths of the Football League for the rest of our existence, which at this rate will be about five years. Why us, why does this shit always happen to us? People will argue that we are still a Championship side but we might as well drop out the league now. This is what those scummy SISU bastards have done to me! I hate the scum so much right now, they are killing our fucking club and there is nothing we can do about it. SISU SCUM OUT!

SkyBlue

We also lost 3-0 to 20th place Millwall and 16th place Ipswich, as well as losing 2-1 at home to 21st place Burnley

sky blue john

Up to now we have looked capable of winning games and got ourselves into winning poistions with out winning. Does there come a point when we know its totally pointless and that we just haven't got the players to win another game in this league ?

We also lost 3-0 to 20th place Millwall and 16th place Ipswich, as well as losing 2-1 at home to 21st place Burnley

Yep, true. But Burnley lost to 8th place Brum tonight.

What does make me shiver (a little) is the game in hand everyone around us has.

But we are a point closer to safety than we were at 7pm.

Nonleagueherewecome

But it's another home game without a win (4 on the bounce, at least!), and we can't win away. That means..we can't win. We need to win more than we have all season to get out of the relegation zone. Now if there was any hope of strengthening at Xmas, I'd have hope...but we're about to sell our only guy capable of scoring, with the rest of the squad certainly "For Sale". I've said a load of times, it will be a miracle if Keogh stays past January, trust me on that one. So how will we feel once both Juke and Keogh are gone?

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Sorry, it doesn't help, but it's best to accept this reality now rather than later. Maybe then we can get properly organised in terms of mobilising protest action?

:blue::blue::blue:

Also to make matters worse I think Clingan will be gone to Leeds in january !!!!!!

Hell fire! I hate how a lot of these kind of rumors turn out to be true.

Nonleagueherewecome: I'm under no illusion about the relegation possibility/probability and I'd protest. But, what exactly would happen if SISU simply said 'O.K. goodbye, good-luck', we all cheer, then what? What exactly are we expecting SISU to do? I am not happy 'at all' with the present situation. But, what is the viable alternative we would be protesting for? Who would step in?

wingy

Surely its almost too late anyway ,but its worth it ,becuase the likely hood is they will be gone and when they are there will only be chaff and husk left ,who will want to sweep that up,its vandalism and they need to be tagged and forced to do community service

Last edited:

gouldberg

But, what is the viable alternative we would be protesting for? Who would step in?

There was previously an interested party in Hoffman, plus should the club be placed on the market there is always a distinct chance of finding a potential buyer. Of course some will say 'if that's the case why did we nearly end up in a hole last time around' but back then there were also other alternatives that were declined. I'm sure looking back one of those other alternatives would have been slightly better than Sisu. Of course, it could all go pearshaped and we find no-one at which time we think of AFC Coventry (look at the wonders Wimbledon have achieved). I'd imagine there are people around willing to invest into a tiny operation like a new team as opposed to the millions required for a Championship set-up.

The daunting prospect of losing CCFC will of course be greeted uncomfortably but are you saying that with Sisu in charge you can see the club lasting much longer anyway? I'm sure I spotted somewhere on here that revenue at the Ricoh raised by football is only 17% so to put it bluntly the council won't be busting a gut to keep us going should Sisu crumble to pieces with us in even more of a mess. So to be honest, I think any alternative to Sisu, regardless of how drastic is better than leaving those clowns in charge. Before long the club will be in an even worse state, Sisu will realise they won't get their cash back and they'll run away with the club having absolutely nothing to fall back on, and that will quite simply be the end of us. If though we start fighting now whilst the club has at least a couple of things going its way (Championship club, possible stake in arena, still 2 or 3 decent players) a positive long term solution will be more viable.

Let Sisu run us into the ground much longer and I can virtually guarantee that CCFC will die as a result.

I really hope AFC Coventry doesn't become the only option, however, they would have my support.

And, no, at present with SISU at the helm we are heading for the rocks at a frightening pace and something does need to change. I have no love for the empire.

Nonleagueherewecome

I happen to think an AFC Wimbledon-type project could be a resounding success. But it really is a last resort to only be considered if the club no-longer exists. It's not something I'd welcome for that reason alone, but if it does come to it, I'll throw my weight behind it 100%. And we'd all love it, certainly more than we're loving things now.

There's only one Wimbledon. I know quite a lot about them as I write for their Aussie fanzine on all matters L2 and with Chris Hussey updates (they idolise him as much as Vinny and Fash, BTW): they may as well drop the AFC now, they are the same club that won the F.A. Cup. We'd need to find a 5-6k ground to play in for the first 8 or so years, but I'm sure we could help a nonleague side soup up their facilities and eventually buy their ground in return for them staying rent-free for ever (as The Dons have with Kingstonian). Overall it's a huge amount of work and a lot of people putting lots of time and effort in for free, for the love of the club. But it's be something we'd helped build and a thing to be proud of. Ask Leamington fans-they came back from oblivion, albeit to a lower level, but in terms of love and passion for a club due to grassroots involvement, it really is a special thing when the fans can make that happen.

Last edited:

wingy

LEts all do the Cable guy walk as suggested in AFC's thread ,does'nt harm the team gets us all together ,pint or two on the way sing our hearts out for the boys,media attention,start early enough to have a rallly outside the ground ,maybe where the corperates go in ,peaceful but possibly the only thing capable of embarrassing Sisu .

gouldberg

Fully agree that it's a last throw of the dice option and only if CCFC ceases to be but I have to admit it's a prospect that intrigues me a lot. I'd love to get on board with an idea like that so just saying this right here and right now, if anything ever happens to Coventry City Football Club (I hope it doesn't but if so) I would happily take on any commercial role that may be on the table :D

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd volunteer to do anything that helps. I'm going to have a chat with my colleague who is a Leam ST and see what advice she can offer about building a club at a grassroots level. I'm not sure how it works with Phoenix Clubs now-I know the non-league pyramid changed their regulations this year so any non-league one has to start at Midland Alliance or equivalent level (4 levels below the BSP), but it could be even lower-certainly Dons and Aldershot were. But for a Football League club, we may get away with a bit higher-I think Newport re-formed in Blue Square South, and I'm sure there are other precedents that I just can't think of right now..'cos it's bed time.

Let this be remembered as the day where we started seriously planning for such an eventuality as the birth of AFC Coventry. I think the Lukas speculation may have been the final tipping point where we realised just how much SISU don't give a shit about us!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread