Our fans... (1 Viewer)

Sutty

Cheering off Bell and Hussey - pathetic. What good will that do?

Sub

bell has been shit for weeks he doesnt give a fuck now he has his new contract!!!!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I'm not really the sort that cheers when a player goes off but I was really happy when Hussey came off, all you heard on the radio was him being completely useless. He was beaten all the time and adds absolutely nothing to the team. Bell isn't a great player but at least sets something up every so often!

Every single game I've ever gone to in my entire memory players have always been cheered after they've left the field

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Every single game I've ever gone to in my entire memory players have always been cheered after they've left the field

But a positive cheer for a good job or more like a jeer, the difference is that one includes clapping!

shy_tall_knight

Bell & Hussey were effective whilst on the pitch, namely for Blackpool. both awful and saw far too much of the ball and delivered f-all.

hussey nowhere near GTF for his goal, I would be tempted to stick Cyrus at left back.

bell sideways backwards but never forwards, his crosssing was poor, Deegans driving runs changed the game. Don't agree with boos but a 4 more years of Bell.

Sutty

Can't believe some think they were positive cheers! It was the same sarcastic cheer you get when an opposition player shoots miles over.

And yes, it was only a few of our fans, but still totally the wrong thing to do.

skyblue_rich

I would never cheer a player off- no matter how poor they a playing- they will only play worse if the fans get on their back and lose the already dented confidence

Changeyourface

They are grown men for Christ's sake, I contribute more than my fair share to pay their pathetically high wages, if they play shit then I'll let them know. If that upsets them then fucking tough they should play better instead of being whining pre-madonna's about it.

I didnt cheer. I was glad to see Hussey Come off but respect his effort. I did however cheer deegan and christie on. Does this make me a bad person?

Sutty

I didnt cheer. I was glad to see Hussey Come off but respect his effort. I did however cheer deegan and christie on. Does this make me a bad person?

Didn't say that did I?

The one thing which might deserve boos/jeers from fans is a Tevez-type situation. I see no reason to boo a player for lack of ability.

And besides, I don't think they played that badly!

It's the same people that can't see beyond a scoreline and boo their own players off at any opportunity. They're all morons and contribute nothing in terms of support.

They clearly weren't watching the game anyway because if they were they'd have seen Bell didn't have a bad game at all - set up a few chances, one of which ROD should have buried in the first half.

Some of our fans will always find a scapegoat in the team. Someone they can direct their abuse at. That player will then go on to receive stick no matter how well he plays because those people are stuck in their ways and can't see past their own opinion. Point in case, Leon Best; another talented player that became an undeserved target.

Otis

It doesn't do any good at all, but at the same time, while not condoning their actions I think people are so frustrated so it was perhaps a little understandable.

I tell you what doesn't help, a succession of City managers coming out and saying what a good player David Bell is.

If there's anything that upsets me more than a bad performance by the City, it's having to listen to the pathetic comtriution of some of our braindead fans.

Edit: by that I don't mean we put on a bad performance tonight. Far from it.

Last edited:
It doesn't do any good at all, but at the same time, while not condoning their actions I think people are so frustrated so it was perhaps a little understandable.

I tell you what doesn't help, a succession of City managers coming out and saying what a good player David Bell is.

Tbh Otis, I think he's one of the most talented players we've got. Injuries and tactics that don't suit his style by previous managers haven't helped him IMO.

Otis

Tbh Otis, I think he's one of the most talented players we've got. Injuries and tactics that don't suit his style by previous managers haven't helped him IMO.

But what does suit his style and just how many managers has he now played under here?

Still don't condone the booing though.

But what does suit his style and just how many managers has he now played under here?

Still don't condone the booing though.

Thorn's style suits him and I don't think he's looked any worse than anyone else in the team. He's had a couple of off days this season but I'd say they've been rare on the whole for him in a City shirt.

For me he's got that little bit of quality that we need to carve out opportunities. We need more players with that!

Otis

Thorn's style suits him and I don't think he's looked any worse than anyone else in the team. He's had a couple of off days this season but I'd say they've been rare on the whole for him in a City shirt.

For me he's got that little bit of quality that we need to carve out opportunities. We need more players with that!

I think he has been worse than most of the rest of team. Without any shadow of a doubt in my mind.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think Bell was at his best for us at the end of last season - playing in the diamond, but with MK making runs that allowed Bell to play him in. Juke has been excellent in the target man role, but doesn't make many of those runs and we're yet to see anyone play effectively alongside him this season.

Having said that, I thought Bell started OK tonight but then drifted out of the game and as one of our more experienced players we can't afford him doing that.

Spagbol

I clapped them off, certainly not in a sarcastic way nor did any around me.. pleased to see Deegs come on who injected the missing SNAP in midfield. Got to stop this negative shit all the time.. good performance AGAIN tonight, Crowd wasn't as low as expected and yet again considering the numbers another positive atmosphere...I wish we got the win but thoroughly enjoyed the game, refused to be rubbed down, and asked them to ensure they were legally in the right to do so, as unless they have reasonable suspiscion THEY CAN'T...FACT.. PUSB

wingy

Theres only one place to direct our frustration and its not at the team,we know who's holding us back,lets get 2-3000 upto oakwell and show the lads and Sisu what support is about.:D:D:D PUSB

georgehudson

well said wingy,
how many board members present this evening ?
p.s. i had more verbal abuse/retorts from an orange one tonight,
such nice sorts

Nonleagueherewecome

Or maybe as football managers they are just a little bit more qualified to comment? I so happen to agree with them, and although in a minority I am not the only one. David Bell is a quality footballer.

I actually applauded Bell off and thought he had a good game. I also applauded Hussey, as he is a young player with huge potential who has generally been superb since he got into the side. He also gives it all he's got. Straight after the goal he was desperately trying to make up for it and got sucked too far forwards, almost leading to another chance. He knows he was at fault for the goal, he heard some of the things that were screamed at him from my stand and his head dropped immediatley afterwards. Tends to suggest that getting on players backs doesn't actually inspire, but rather inhibit them. But what am I thinking, we are CCFC, abusing our own is what we do best. It always bears such rich fruit. :claping hands::claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

"We are the David-Bell-appreciation,
Society..."

So that's me, you, Torchomatic, AT and CC?! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Otis

It's all well and good saying he's one of the most talented players we've got, but if he only shows that once every five games or so then you have to ask what bloody use is he? Far, far too much dross and ineptitude amongst the small pockets of sublimeness.

@richh87

To be honest it's irrelevant how well they were playing.

Direct your anger at SISU - not the players.

Bell is a talented player and as with all of the players needs our support.

Hussey is 21 for f*ck sake.

The problem here is a lack of intelligence from certain fans. As someone said earlier in the thread; they just see a scoreline and lack the brains to assess the result or individual performances. They seek a scapegoat and hound him out.

Leon Best was one of these scapegoats and I had to defend him time and time again on GMK. Was he shit? Really?????

skybluesteve76

I don't understand why Bell gets so much stick! He's one of our best players technically, his final pass let him down last night but apart from that I thought he was decent.
As for Hussey, he's a good player just young and knackered in my opinion. Looks like he needs a rest.

Tankie

"Hang your heads in shame"
"Those people", {reluctant to call them Fans} who jeered two of our players of the field, on a night which produced arguably, the best performance, seen by a sky blue team since we've been at the Ricoh ,Bell continues to be the whipping boy, with some individuals, almost happy at the prospect of him making an error, just so they can get on his back.
This was a team effort by every one, and a credit to the two teams on the pitch, Football was the winner last night, along with Andy Thorn, who is sticking to his beliefs on how the game should be played, and wringing out every drop of blood from his wafer thin squad, it just goes to show that you don't need world beaters to play entertaining Football, just belief, in what you are doing as a manager, as a result Andy Thorn is enjoying adulation from the fans, not seen towards a "City Manager" in a very long time, and I believe it to be mutual.

Regards.....Tank Top..Sizzling Bedworthshire...:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread