Our defeats (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Ignoring the lucky Tranmere win or unlucky Tranmere defeat.

Our other 2 defeats have come against teams that were very physical and pressed us into mistakes.

Players couldn’t deal with it and Robins didn’t know what to do either.

In both games we persisted with one up front , our defenders didn’t have the gumption to pass to a skyblue player (and when they did it was hoofed you to the delight of the giant opposition defenders) and our midfield was far too static-giving the ball away needlessly.

I would’ve hoped that Robins and the players could have by now come up with a plan to negate these tactics-otherwise most teams will adopt the same tactics and it will lead to a lot more defeats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ccfcway

A thread on two games in the 19 we have played if your ignoring the Tranmere game at home.

You wonder how we have got any results at all this season of teams have worked us out

cc84cov

Tranmere and Shrewsbury we should of beat I felt Tranmere 100% we were unlucky yesterday was beyond a joke and Rotherham we got battered a deserved loss

Gint11

Formation and lineup was good enough to win the game yesterday. We also had enough chances to see the game out. At the end of the day, the 11 on the pitch didn’t really turn up. From minute 1 we are all half a yard too slow and had heavy touches. Both keepers had fuck all to do all game. It was a couple of moments that done us alongside shit refereeing but these are the games we need to win if we are serious about going places.
I feel we are so close to being a seriously good side but again, we look to be falling short

ccfc1234

Ignoring the lucky Tranmere win or unlucky Tranmere defeat.

Our other 2 defeats have come against teams that were very physical and pressed us into mistakes.

Players couldn’t deal with it and Robins didn’t know what to do either.

In both games we persisted with one up front , our defenders didn’t have the gumption to pass to a skyblue player (and when they did it was hoofed you to the delight of the giant opposition defenders) and our midfield was far too static-giving the ball away needlessly.

I would’ve hoped that Robins and the players could have by now come up with a plan to negate these tactics-otherwise most teams will adopt the same tactics and it will lead to a lot more defeats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wycombe will play in a similar way. If MR goes with the same tactics as yesterday we could struggle. The best games I have seen us play this season are when we're 5-3-2. The second half vs Fleetwood and Peterborough away are good examples of how effective this can be. Max and Godden are yet to start together in this formation and I think will do good things.

robbiekeane

Wycombe will play in a similar way. If MR goes with the same tactics as yesterday we could struggle. The best games I have seen us play this season are when we're 5-3-2. The second half vs Fleetwood and Peterborough away are good examples of how effective this can be. Max and Godden are yet to start together in this formation and I think will do good things.
Don't worry mate, if it's not working he'll change it in the 92nd minute

Hincha

Tranmere we deserved win (I don't blame tactics just poor finishing) and Rotherham a very bad day at the office. Shrewsbury felt different because it was a game we could/should have won from the position we were in had we been a little more pragmatic.

I did not mind starting 1 up front, especially considering how well it worked on Tuesday. However, when the opposition press high and try to disrupt our play we need to go two up front and hit the ball down the channels where the space has been created. I am not Baka's biggest fan but if we had brought him on to partner Biamou, moved O'Hare in the middle and played a game similar to how we did against Fleetwood in the 2nd half I think we would have won that game.

Ultimately the loss is down to Robins failure to react. It is ridiculous bringing on Baka/Kastaneer on 90+2 after we go 2-1 down. Let's hope he learns from it.

Users who are viewing this thread