Our best 11 (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Wouldnt really disagree with your choices, but equally think we could swap a player for any of Palmer, Eccles, Allen, Lati, Bidders, Wilson, Binks and not really be weakened. The issue is getting them all fit, but a decent strong bench if we can and that's without Godden, Tavares, Kelly and the kids.

hamertime

There isnt one, maybe the beauty of our team when we get in later stages. i dont think anyone wants to play us.

rob9872

I think we need 24 points to get to 75. That means we can afford W7 D3 L3. Feels doable.

We have 13 games left & that team would win most of them, need to get Sheaf back alongside Torp asap.
Gives us a decent subs bench too.

Balli001

After the international break we should have a full squad. Then we are talking about players not making the bench

Balli001

So if we beat Maidstone the Hull game gets pushed back until after the break? I think that's a good thing tbh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Quite probably yes. Means we have potentially just 4 league games til sheaf and Allen are back

AJB1983

Eccles is consistently good for us. His input gets overlooked as he wasn’t a signing. For me he’s not far behind Torp.
Have to remember Robins really likes Eccles - trusts him to do the job. My only criticism of Eccles is sometimes he gives the ball away too cheaply. Otherwise he’s one of those whose work goes largely unnoticed.

covcity4life

I agree it's a v good team. I wouldn't use the word formidable until we find a way to make the number 9 more dangerous however. Or at least find a way to make us have wave after wave of attacks per game. We make chances now but doesn't seem like we are far and away the best team in majority of games either

rob9872

Especially if we win at home against Hull, Preston and away at West Brom

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Agree but I think those could be the 3 draws and that would be ok too. Likely lose to Southampton, Leeds and a random unexpected - probably bloody Rotherham!

Hobo

You can pick and play your best eleven, but it doesn't guarantee a performance. There are days when it just doesn't work out even if you are Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal.

skybluecam

I agree it's a v good team. I wouldn't use the word formidable until we find a way to make the number 9 more dangerous however. Or at least find a way to make us have wave after wave of attacks per game. We make chances now but doesn't seem like we are far and away the best team in majority of games either
We're not playing our best team in the majority of games, constantly 2-3 players out. Obviously that's the case for a lot of teams but hopefully we'll be at full strength after the next intl break.

slowpoke

Have to remember Robins really likes Eccles - trusts him to do the job. My only criticism of Eccles is sometimes he gives the ball away too cheaply. Otherwise he’s one of those whose work goes largely unnoticed.
I’m a big fan of Eccles going back when the “experts” on here were writing him off when he first got into the matchday squad, can play adequately in a number of roles, but to put him ahead of Torp as someone above has ???

nunchuckas

Agree but I think those could be the 3 draws and that would be ok too. Likely lose to Southampton, Leeds and a random unexpected - probably bloody Rotherham!
7 wins and a few draws from 13 games does sound highly achievable. And no doubt we'll win one or 2 we shouldn't (and invariably lose/draw a couple we should win too!), if one of those is against Hull, Preston or WBA then it would really help our cause. I'd like to think we'd snatch at least 1 point in one of the Soton and Leeds games too.

My main concern is the next batch of games before the international break, we look knackered and have looked out of form/rhythm since the Leicester game really, from the Sheff Wed marathon onwards - although we're still picking up points. If we can continue picking up points over the next 4/5 games and then regroup and come out strong for the final run in with hopefully a fully fit midfield, then it bodes really well.

My only other concern is if 75 points will be enough, could see Norwich getting some consistency and pushing us all the way and driving that up to needing 78 points, which then becomes more of a stretch. Not overly concerned about anyone else, as long as we pick up points, I think they will slowly drop away, only Norwich have the quality to keep going to the end, in my opinion.

We also need to manage the FA Cup distraction in this as well, so hopefully no more semi serious injuries!

Last edited:
I'd put Bidwell in for Dasilva, I think he brings more with his crosses and overlapping runs. But besides that i don't think I'd look to change anything you've put in the OP.

Brylowes

I’m still not convinced with Dasilva, I’m not writing him off by any means but at this point I think I’d rather see Bidwell in the team, I also think Eccles has a bright future here but when all players are fully fit he probably doesn’t make the first 11 but I wouldn’t be to concerned if he came in.

How much longer is Sheaf likely to be out ?
I think he’s vital for us, probably our most important player imho.

Sky Blue Pete

I’m still not convinced with Dasilva, I’m not writing him off by any means but at this point I think I’d rather see Bidwell in the team, I also think Eccles has a bright future here but when all players are fully fit he probably doesn’t make the first 11 but I wouldn’t be to concerned if he came in.

How much longer is Sheaf likely to be out ?
I think he’s vital for us, probably our most important player imho.
Yeah with Ohare

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah with Ohare

I think we are at a point now where the squad is good enough overall to manage if there are a few of our better players out. Last year we had Vik and Hamer that were really stand out. If they didn't play, we struggled.

O'Hare has improved this season, but we coped perfectly well without him and Sheaf when they were injured last year. Same with the latter this year. I think we have less 'superstars' now, but the overall quality of the team is higher. Scoring goals from different parts of the pitch is testament to that.

Grendel

I think we are at a point now where the squad is good enough overall to manage if there are a few of our better players out. Last year we had Vik and Hamer that were really stand out. If they didn't play, we struggled.

O'Hare has improved this season, but we coped perfectly well without him and Sheaf when they were injured last year. Same with the latter this year. I think we have less 'superstars' now, but the overall quality of the team is higher. Scoring goals from different parts of the pitch is testament to that.

O Hares impact has been vital - his scoring goals and creating chances beyond anyone else - he’s as vital as hamer was last season in the run in

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

O Hares impact has been vital - his scoring goals and creating chances beyond anyone else - he’s as vital as hamer was last season in the run in

His goal contributions have been impressive. Much improved from before where he was really struggling in that area.

There have been some games where he hasn't looked that great though. A very important player, but like I said, I don't think there's anyone that if they aren't playing automatically means we are going to lose. Take Vik or Hamer out last season and it felt like doom.

Users who are viewing this thread