Our Barnsley supporting friend (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Where are you? After Balotelli according to the papers. Thoughts??? šŸ˜‚
Ā 

Barnsley

Just agents using our name yet again, it happens all the time.

heā€™s been at clubs owned by our owners before, so his agents probably given us a bell, ā€œwould you be interested in Mario?ā€ Yeah if his heads in the right place, whatā€™s he wanting a week ? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ Chow.
Which as translated into,
Barnsley were interested but now itā€™s gone cold.
Ā 

mark82

giphy.gif
Ā 

no_loyalty

Barnsley? I though it was nailed on that we were signing him?
Ā 

87 n all that

Just agents using our name yet again, it happens all the time.

heā€™s been at clubs owned by our owners before, so his agents probably given us a bell, ā€œwould you be interested in Mario?ā€ Yeah if his heads in the right place, whatā€™s he wanting a week ? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ Chow.
Which as translated into,
Barnsley were interested but now itā€™s gone cold.
I can understand. A big club like yourselves will always be mentioned when big names are available. Par for the course really. Messi and Ronaldo are likely to be moving on in Jan or the summer. Rumour is messi is moving to the north of England. Any news your way about this ?
Ā 

Grendel

I can understand. A big club like yourselves will always be mentioned when big names are available. Par for the course really. Messi and Ronaldo are likely to be moving on in Jan or the summer. Rumour is messi is moving to the north of England. Any news your way about this ?

Someone on our forum mentioned Biamou and Ronaldo in the same sentence the other week.

Last night someone on the radio said Biamou brings a dimension to the team similar to Regis.

In the past Andy Thorn was compared to Sir Alex Ferguson and Chris Hussey the next Gareth Bale. Sean Dyche wasnā€™t a good enough manager and Bigi was worth Ā£35 million

Barnsley are a benchmark club for us and we need to follow their lead and survive
Ā 

87 n all that

Someone on our forum mentioned Biamou and Ronaldo in the same sentence the other week.

Last night someone on the radio said Biamou brings a dimension to the team similar to Regis.

In the past Andy Thorn was compared to Sir Alex Ferguson and Chris Hussey the next Gareth Bale. Sean Dyche wasnā€™t a good enough manager and Bigi was worth Ā£35 million

Barnsley are a benchmark club for us and we need to follow their lead and survive
If you met Biamou what would you say to him?

Just bantering with the Barnsley bloke. Iā€™d think all the above was bullshit but read the Regis/biamou comparison yesterday and think youā€™re serious.

if anyone thought bigi was worth Ā£35 Iā€™d be shocked.
Are you saying use Barnsley as a benchmark?
Ā 

Grendel

If you met Biamou what would you say to him?

Just bantering with the Barnsley bloke. Iā€™d think all the above was bullshit but read the Regis/biamou comparison yesterday and think youā€™re serious.

if anyone thought bigi was worth Ā£35 Iā€™d be shocked.
Are you saying use Barnsley as a benchmark?

Barnsley are a great benchmark as they have been promoted have identical revenues to us and similar wage bills
Ā 

87 n all that

Theyā€™re doing well but identical revenues? I know we canā€™t attend games but they own a stadium, we donā€™t running costs, I know)?

wage bills? I have no idea where we are in comparison, nor care tbh (not having a go)

if the underlying point is stay up this season (I thought thatā€™s our goal from day one) and build on it next season then thatā€™s my though process. Good to see Barnsley and Luton doing well. Barnsley spent a fair bit of dosh on Chaplin who hardly made an impact with us (Robins played him in the wrong system) but made us some cash.
Ā 

Barnsley

Iā€™m fairly sure they donā€™t give contracts to any player over 25. Or used to anyway, perhaps @Barnsley can confirm

few and far between, untilJanuary this was the case but then we signed a couple just over 25 because Struber said we needed some older heads to educate the rest of the squad
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread