Ostigard (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Dont even miss him do we?

I was gutted when we didnt get him back, but by all accounts hes blowing hot and cold at a club with higher expectations.

Would still take him back of course

SkyBlueScottie

He was hot and cold here some of our worst defeats came from when he was playing centrally. However he's a young defender so that's why he is on loan at a championship club, to make the mistakes and learn. Would I have preferred we sign him, probably yes at the start of the season However we've now got Clarke Salter who is left sided and has fitted in really well at the back.

Torquay Sky Blue

Forgotten .
Loved his enthusiasm and definitely helped our survival but I think our defence has improved massively without him.

Happy_Martian

Report on the Stoke website about an interview he's done with their Norwegian supporters club. Sounds very much like what he said about us.

Happy_Martian

Our fan base has such a weird obsession with ex players

We're an older generation of fan. We've got into the habit of remembering the good times players gave us as we've had so few to celebrate. With the newer fans, they'll only know the positives from the Robins era so this habit may disappear.

Ccfcisparks

He would still be a very good long term option to replace Fadz in the middle of the 3. Exactly the sort of strong tenacious leader you want in there.
He would have to change his playing style. Osti last year used to charge out of defence to try and intercept, where as fadz is really clever when he pushes and doesnt.

Bugsy

Bugsy

SkyBlueMatt

Good player, would have been very happy if he had signed with us. He didn't, so we moved on.

An unknown (to the majority) youth/reserve player from a PL club is replacable with another unknown youth/reserve player. It was never the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Should try to get him next summer and try and mould him to replace mcfadz as he’s the ideal candidate I would say 🤞

Reppz

Ostigard was merh. The fans loved him because he shown a bit of passion, but in reality he was just average.

He could have been in double figures for goals with the amount of free headers he had from corners that went over. Fair enough he gets in the positions, but he really should have scored more.

stevefloyd

Ostigard was merh. The fans loved him because he shown a bit of passion, but in reality he was just average.

He could have been in double figures for goals with the amount of free headers he had from corners that went over. Fair enough he gets in the positions, but he really should have scored more.
They say similar about O'Hare but he does bring something with him....sometimes rather have him (O'Hare) than not I liked Osti but not gutted because we never signed him...dare I say his position has been upgraded

slowpoke

He’s moved on, we’ve moved on I liked Ostigard but when we do replace centre half McFadz we’ll get better than Ostigard. A younger mobile version of McFadz who can run with the ball and pass.

DannyThomas_1981

Jesus - the ever shifting changes of public opinion on SBT.

We have a couple of decent results and Osti suddenly turns from the next young superstar into absolutely useless and we'd never have him back.

sometimesDanielle

I’d take him when we go up. Hyam Osti and JCS seem a reliable back 3. With years to improve.
Love the gk. Love the midfield, love the wingbacks, forwards are orgasmic. Champions league winners 2026. You heard it here first. Screenshot dis shit mfs

fatso

We have offered precious little fron corners since he left.

Marty

Thought Ostigard was class, will have a much better career then any of our current lot.

blunted

His big thing we miss is from corners in the opposition half. Surely cant miss as many sitters this season. Will be a class player once he fully develops. I have a sneaking suspicion we will see him in a sky blue shirt again, hopefully for Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread